The 1983 Scenario

Rick Arnold

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We'll just have to create a few scaled moves, like an Andre Headbutt and the such. Also, I've been working on Attack Patterns, and am mostly basing it on the wrestler type. Someone like Andre would attack with mostly the same move, so his Mindset is set is at 35%, so he'll attack with alot of the same stuff. And he's set to attack for primarily 50% of Striking Moves. Almost all wrestlers have 0% Air Attacks, with the exception of some Japanese and Mexican wrestlers, as well as guys like Dynamite Kid. Personality types are a bit hard to set, but I'm doing guess work primarily, lots of Nice/Professional.

I don't know if you have a logo for NWA Central States yet but I made this a while ago for my pic pack and you can use it if you don't find the real one. [url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/Thegame83/NWACentral.gif[/url] I also have many other handmade logos for NWA promotions, Michigan, Chicago, Mid West, Japan, Austrailia, Mid-West... and many "Fake" logos if you want them for startup feds or random implant feds...

I'd recommend taking the more common moves (punch, clothesline, etc) and making Low/Medium/High variations on them... generic ones for everyone to use, and then maybe do wrestler-specific ones that're tweaked a little bit. But we all know punches late in the match do more damage than those first two...

We have no current time scale as to when it'll be finished, but we're hoping soon. And yea, I did a few test runs of Bruce The Giant (Giant) vs. The Tic (Very Small) and found that his moves did roughly double damage on The Tic. Of course, Tommy Cornell, a large heavyweight, did more damage on The Tic, exactly double.

The following workers are finished: Andre the Giant Danny Spivey Dynamite Kid Hulk Hogan Keiji Mutoh Kevin Nash Kevin Sullivan Mark Calloway Nick Bockwinkel Ricky Steamboat Scott Hall Sid Vicious The Spoiler Tiger Mask Tully Blanchard Ric Flair is finished, but he's being tweaked a bit.

Well I was referring to workers who've had their move sets plugged in, as well as contract information and everything else we need finished. Whenever you get a chance to send over the next batch, great. I'll be on all day until 9PM Eastern. Also, a list of who else would be able to use the Teeny Bopper move sets would be good. I could probably figure a bunch out, and would even bet guys like the Rock N Roll Express could use them, yea? And the same with Demolition and Powers of Pain using one of the Power and Paint move sets?

Yea, if you want to create a Masked Superstar moveset, I'll attach it onto Eadie's WWF contract. Oh yea, next time I see you online or something, I'll have to tell you about one of the greatest matches I ever played.... Ric Flair/Nick Bockwinkel/Tully Blanchard/The Spoiler vs. Hulk Hogan/Ricky Steamboat/The Great Muta/Kevin Sullivan... a 97 minute maylay. I can't wait till you get the Andersons done, as I'll get to try out a Four Horsemen vs. Dusty Rhodes/Ricky Steamboat/The Road Warriors brawl

We're almost finished. We're in the process of revamping the entire move list, as well as creating move sets. It's a slower process, but it'll be finished. Other then that, everything else is done besides for contracts, which will be plugged in as each wrestler gets their move sets added.

D. Boon's Ghost, has all the move picture been added to the moves as listed on your progressive report on the 1983 scenario ? Also I would like to know if the shining wizard is going to be added soon with the list of moves including the pic. Can't wait until it come out. Keep up with the good work.

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost]And the Shining Wizard? You'll have to hip me as to who that is, as I've never heard of him - or if I have, not under that name.[/QUOTE] I think he means the move called the "Shining Wizard" - Mutah's running knee strike to the head, which Hurricane also uses nowadays.

Just out of curiosity, what will be your policy on "futuristic" moves? The mention of the Shining Wizard was what triggered this question, as it wasn't in popular use until recently, and so it would be odd to have the player using it in 1983. I figure that either way has a disadvantage - put them in and the player can be two decades ahead of his time, leave them out and they would be missing for player's who complete two decades of the game.

I don't know, I may go with Hansen and Dibiase as kind of a pre 1985 Real World Tag League pairing. This is an insane idea for a scenario though, makes my love for late 70s/early 80s wrestling seem like it's not in vain. Going to have to have Brisco vs Funk Jr to relive the 70s, and Andre/Brody to relive some of the old school big man matches. Looking forward to this.

I'm also very much looking forward to this scenario. About the one who asked for Japanese matches a great "old school" website that will fit your every need is [url]www.kayfabememories.com[/url]. They have a tape trading forum that is very active and someone can surely hook you up with anything you need. Right now the forum is down as it got hacked but should be back up in a few days. DD

Archived