best product to start?

It really depends on the workers you have available.

Rem(i believe it was) has posted a performance based product that can very good results with workers who are not over yet.

In 2010 a product based on overness not performance is pretty easy. Have a few guys dominate the rest of the roster. Depending on your size you may lose your top guys but you can get a good job squad and build up anybody to a main eventer. Push the guys who will do the best in angles. Your best talkers and the most menacing is usually what i go with. In a perfect world my 3 best talkers are faces and 3 most menacing are heels.

The issue I find with starting a smaller promotion with overness is that your main weapon is more expensive... you get better grades with overness, but workers with high overness will make more ridiculous contract demands when they sign new contracts.

Maybe it's just the fact that I've been playing a lot of ROF, but I've found that my more talented workers will sign for peanuts long as they haven't exploded in popularity. The downside here is that it's hard to create a performance-based promotion that will pull in a lot of sponsorship money...

If you can formulate a product that is mostly performance-based but still brings in a good amount of sponsorship money, well, that'd be my recommendation for starting out. You can always gradually shift to a more popularity-based product in the future when you have (and can afford!) more over workers.

hey!

i would like to know, what you think would be better as a product when you start a promotion.

I mean what would make my companie grown fast?

It really depends on the workers you have available.

Rem(i believe it was) has posted a performance based product that can very good results with workers who are not over yet.

Yeah, I've gotten good feedback about this product:

I call it Workrate Based Sports Entertainment (or WBSE):

Key Feature - Traditional, Mainstream, Modern

Medium - Realism, Lucha, Daredevil

Everything else at 'none'.

Intensity - 20%

Danger - 40%

Analysis:

- Rated more on performance than popularity

- all workers must be packaged with a gimmick

- fans don't like highly risky gimmicks

- simple gimmicks, fans won't 'get' subtle gimmicks

- fans don't like highly risky angles or matches

- no afternoon TV time slots on some networks

- quite favorable for sponsorship

- immune to industry changes/no young lion code

This is looking to me like an ideal product for 0/0/0 promotions. With skilled workers, you can pump out shows rated at least 2 grades above your bottomed out popularity. With just the unemployed women in the C-Verse (sadly, I can't tell exactly who but none of the big names), I pull off a show rated 49 (D+?) right out the gate. I usually dislike mainstream but I found that most of the gimmicks that seemingly everyone can use (without tight ability level requirements) are simple, so it works better than my normal Cult with subtle gimmicks (that require workers to have 'Medium' or better in some categories). Also, since overness is usually easier to improve than in-ring skill, having a performance skewed product with lots of popularity influence allows me to cherry pick a lot more and grow more organically.

When you get bigger and want to skew more to popularity, you just lower the realism. A downside of this product is the fact that your gimmicks will tend to bomb more than boom because a good portion of your audience doesn't like gimmicks (the Realism part). But with gimmickry being largely the purview of 'entertainment' focused promotions, growing into that aspect suits me better than starting with a heavy focus on that.

Yeah, I've gotten good feedback about this product:

When you get bigger and want to skew more to popularity, you just lower the realism. A downside of this product is the fact that your gimmicks will tend to bomb more than boom because a good portion of your audience doesn't like gimmicks (the Realism part). But with gimmickry being largely the purview of 'entertainment' focused promotions, growing into that aspect suits me better than starting with a heavy focus on that.

I used a variation of that product in my MAW game until we reached Cult - we're a popularity over performance promotion now. Major differences were Modern, Lucha, and Daredevil - which I either had low or none at all. Using a Traditional product with a few other pieces thrown in gave me really good results.

I was a person who absolutely hated running angles. 90% match ratio was my thing. I'd use a video to hype Rip Chord to start the show and that was it for angles. It wasn't until I saw the countless posts by Remi about angles and popularity going hand in hand that I changed my ways. The momentum people gain from decent angles is HUGE. :cool:

Yeah, a lot of people dread angles for various reasons but they're a tool just like anything else. MAW (and USPW) are in great positions, having owners who are crazy over that you can use to get other people over. I typically use angles to hype people who aren't working matches that show (usually main eventers and upper midcarders) and to hype the main event and sometimes the semi main (as well as any advance booked matches for the next show). 80% match ratio has served me well over three TEWs and I'll even go to 70% if I have enough over people to carry their own storylines.

Archived