Question about CPU wrestlers spirit.

I was just wondering if computer controlled wrestler's ever use the fighting spirit technique to add to their attack or defense? The only use I have seen of a computer using fighting spirit was from kicking out of a finishing move, even if they have plenty of spirit points to burn.

I appreciate the honest reply although from the response it seems the "spirit menu" in the current build is a dead feature if it's only use is a player exploit on the CPU. If you know that the current setup is not being used by players then that could easily be cured by changing the interface around a bit. What I recommend is assigning the right mouse button as a smaller version of the spirit menu where it won't feel as "out of the way" during a match. Then reassigning the "move info" option to a keyboard key (ex. left click on bodyslam and press the "I" key to get the maneuver info). If you still feel that the feature just won't work then just ax the feature and resurrect it at a later time or for the sequel when you have had more time working out the idea. Don't take my post the wrong way I am not trying to flame you or anything, I just think you should try to fix or tie up the loose ends.

Well, I wouldn't say it's a dead feature. I said most people wouldn't use it, but some do; if you like playing tactically, then it's a great feature to have on your side, particularly in a really high level bout - personally I find it invaluable when fighting someone like Kikkawa, as it is the difference between taking that final Lariat or not. If enough people want it changed, then I will do so.

I actually use most of my FS for defending moves, rather than kicking out. If I see my opponent going for his finisher and I know it's game over if he lands it, then I usually use my FS to give it less chance of landing. It's worked on more than a few occasions and sometimes I even come back to win. I find it odd that the CPU will never use it for that though.

I don't know -- I've fought some high-level bouts as guys who had 70, 80 spirit, and cranking up the frequency on my finisher has won me more than one fight. I mean, you have a 20% finisher, you try it a couple times, it doesn't work, time is running out, so you throw 30 points of spirit in there, and suddenly it's a 50% finisher. Of couse it doesn't come into play in the lower-level matches, because you don't have the spirit to work with... I haven't played enough to know whether -- or, more accurately, [I]when[/I] -- it's a good decision. But I like that it's there.

Archived