BAW: One man's dream

<p><strong>One Step Closer #25</strong></p><p>

Nigel Svensson vs <strong>Jayson Van Pelt</strong> (New York Championship)</p><p>

<em>It bugs me to vote against Svensson, but you gotta do what you gotta do.</em></p><p>

<strong>Cheetah Boy</strong> vs Mustang Blanco Jr</p><p>

<em>Cheetay Boy will improve.</em></p><p>

Dragon Americano vs <strong>Donte Dunn</strong></p><p>

<em>Dunn Dunn Dunn!</em></p><p>

Panda Mask II vs <strong>Atlas</strong></p><p>

<em>This saddens me aswell, but I guess you're pushing 2 monsters.</em></p><p>

<strong>Ace Youngblood</strong> vs The Masked Outlaw</p><p>

<em>Ace push continues.</em></p><p>

<strong>Amazing Fire Fly</strong> vs Justin Sensitive (BAW Championship)</p><p>

<em>Go go mr. Amazing.</em></p>

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>Nigel Svensson vs <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Jayson Van Pelt</span></strong> (New York Championship)</p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Cheetah Boy</span></strong> vs Mustang Blanco Jr</p><p>

Dragon Americano vs<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> Donte Dunn</span></strong></p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Panda Mask II</span></strong> vs Atlas</p><p>

Ace Youngblood vs <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">The Masked Outlaw</span></strong></p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Amazing Fire Fly</span></strong> vs Justin Sensitive (BAW Championship)</p>

<p><strong>Nigel Svensson</strong> vs Jayson Van Pelt (New York Championship)</p><p>

You've been mini-pushing Nigel for a while, I think he's got a shot at the belt. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Cheetah Boy</strong> vs Mustang Blanco Jr</p><p>

Beat one jobber last show, takes this one too.</p><p> </p><p>

Dragon Americano vs <strong>Donte Dunn</strong></p><p>

Thank you for the free point.</p><p> </p><p>

Panda Mask II vs <strong>Atlas</strong></p><p>

I'll go against the grain today... I know Fire Fly likes working with big guys, and I'm prediciting him to win the title, so Atlas going over would make sense.</p><p> </p><p>

Ace Youngblood vs <strong>The Masked Outlaw</strong></p><p>

I'm not sure at all, but I'll go with Outlaw.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Amazing Fire Fly</strong> vs Justin Sensitive (BAW Championship)</p><p>

Now is the time. Fire Fly takes it.</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>BAW One Step Closer #25</strong></p><p>

Week 3 May 2012</p><p>

Weston Gymnasium, New Jersey</p><p>

Attendance: 139</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Pre Show</span></strong></p><p>

Our backstage atmosphere is awesome right now, and the success of the last show only helped to improve it.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Main Show</span></strong></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Nigel Svensson vs Jayson Van Pelt</strong></p><p><strong>

New York Championship</strong></p></div><p></p><p>

A good opener from these two. Jayson Van Pelt picked up the win, and made the second defence of his New York Championship.</p><p> </p><p>

Winner: Jayson Van Pelt in 8:15</p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Cheetah Boy vs Mustang Blanco Jr</strong></p></div><p></p><p>

I thought this match could have been decent, but the crowd just didn’t seem to be interested. Cheetah Boy picked up the win.</p><p> </p><p>

Winner: Cheetah Boy in 7:33</p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Sensitive Promo</strong></p></div><p></p><p>

<strong>Sensitive: </strong>“So my victim tonight is Amazing Fire Fly. Last time I faced this bug, I squashed him with minimal effort. Tonight, I will do it again. In doing so, I will become officially the greatest champion in the history of this company, and all of you will have to start giving me the respect I deserve.”</p><p>

Notes: Decent stuff from the champ.</p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Dragon Americano vs Donte Dunn</strong></p></div><p></p><p>

An average match from these two, it should have been better but it suffered from a real lack of Psychology. Donte Dunn picked up the win to build him some momentum.</p><p> </p><p>

Winner: Donte Dunn in 7:59</p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Panda Mask II vs Atlas</strong></p></div><p></p><p>

More average stuff in this match, but these two don’t have a lack of Psychology to blame it on. Panda Mask picked up the win, but I’m starting to think he’s not worth the money we’re paying him.</p><p> </p><p>

Winner: Panda Mask II in 8:03</p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Brody/Atlas ‘Promo’</strong></p></div><p></p><p>

<em>After the match, Giant Brody hits the ring. Panda Mask bails, but Atlas stands his ground. The two giants stand face to face looking intimidating, trying to make their opponent back down.</em></p><p>

Notes: Good promo from these two.</p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Ace Youngblood vs The Masked Outlaw</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

Wow, this was a poor match. There was a real lack of flow, and the match dragged in the middle. This wasn’t good enough to be in the semi-main event. I gave The Masked Outlaw the win to try and build some momentum, but I’m not sure how much this will help him.</p><p> </p><p>

Winner: The Masked Outlaw in 15:39</p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Amazing Fire Fly vs Justin Sensitive ©</strong></p><p><strong>

BAW Championship</strong></p></div><p></p><p>

A good main event from these two, which saw the crowning of a new BAW Champion! Amazing Fire Fly ended Justin Sensitive’s reign, just before he could pass KC Glenn’s record number of title defences. Sensitive had worked his way through the majority of the roster, so it was time for a change of champion and by extension a change of challengers.</p><p> </p><p>

Winner: Amazing Fire Fly in 18:23</p><p> </p><p>

Match of the Night: Main Event</p><p>

Trash of the Night: Cheetah Boy vs Mustang Blanco Jr</p><p> </p><p>

Next Time: With Justin Sensitive finally losing the belt, what lies ahead for the new champion?</p>

<p>The key point of ‘Creative’ this month was Harvey telling me that Mark had set me a new goal. In the next two years, the companies finances must not fall below $325,000 at any point. The company account currently sat at just over $700,000, so I wasn’t overly worried about that.</p><p> </p><p>

We also had a better month in the regional battle...</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>FREEDOM C</strong></p><p><strong>

PSW C-</strong></p><p><strong>

BAW Call To Arms C-/One Step Closer D+</strong></p><p><strong>

NYCW D+</strong></p><p><strong>

RIPW D+</strong></p><p> </p><p>

3rd out of 5 wasn’t too bad, considering we are the smallest promotion involved. If we could keep off the bottom of the table for a few months in a row, maybe we could finally start building some momentum...</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>Predictions</strong></span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;">

This Month</span></p><p>

Zergon 6/6</p><p>

1234 6/6</p><p>

funkyzafara 4/6</p><p>

borman 48 4/6</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Overall</span></p><p>

1234 48/53</p><p>

funkyzafara 44/53</p><p>

Zergon 44/53</p><p>

borman 48 38/42</p><p>

Michigan Hero 8/12</p><p>

Raijin Samurai 5/6</p><p>

BHK1978 4/6</p>

<p>I start the month by releasing Dragon Americano. He didn’t really produce the type of matches I had hoped he would, but we wish him the best in his future endeavours. </p><p> </p><p>

I quickly started my search for a replacement. There wasn’t a lot available, but one guy really caught my eye. He’d rejected me in the past, but maybe now he’d talk to us. We eventually came to terms, I was paying him a little more than I’d planned... but he definitely had a huge amount of potential. </p><p>

</p><p><strong>

</strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Predictions</span></strong></p><p><strong>

BAW Call To Arms #6</strong></p><p>

Ace Youngblood vs Jayson Van Pelt (New York Championship)</p><p>

Cheetah Boy vs The Masked Outlaw</p><p>

??? vs DeCipher</p><p>

Cal Sanders vs Hijo Del Aguila Americana</p><p>

Nigel Svensson vs Donte Dunn</p><p>

Amazing Fire Fly vs Justin Sensitive (BAW Championship)</p>

BAW Call To Arms #6

Ace Youngblood vs Jayson Van Pelt (New York Championship)

JVP will elevate to Main Event at some point.

Cheetah Boy vs The Masked Outlaw

Cheetay Boy taking the momentum that Outlaw just earned.

??? vs DeCipher

He sounds good.

Cal Sanders vs Hijo Del Aguila Americana

I dunno tbh.

Nigel Svensson vs Donte Dunn

Dunn is better than Svensson.

Amazing Fire Fly vs Justin Sensitive (BAW Championship)

First defence, let the other heels at him.

Ace is struggling.

Outlaw got no momentum from the last bout, so he needs it from here.

??? vs DeCipher

Sounds like a big name brought in, and DeCipher isn't beating many people.

Cal Sanders gets his first win.

Donte will eventually be the new champ I'm thinking.

First defense.

??? vs DeCipher

BAW Call To Arms #6

Week 1 June 2012

Weston Gymnasium, New Jersey

Attendance: 300 (Sell Out!)

Pre Show

Upon meeting my new signing, my joy at signing him increased even more. On top of looking like he’d be great in the ring, he was also a great guy backstage. My road agent, Dylan Sidle, turned up a few minutes late, but I soon forgave him when I saw why. He began gathering the guys together to transport more alcohol than I’d seen in a while from his car to the locker room. This raised peoples morale even more. Our backstage atmosphere was as high as I’d ever seen it, some would say it was perfect...

Main Show

Ace Youngblood vs Jayson Van Pelt ©

New York Championship

As usual, the New York Championship match gives us a good start to the show. Jayson Van Pelt wins to make his third successful title defence, and continue his so far impressive reign.

Winner: Jayson Van Pelt in 9:50

An average match, but I had hoped for more from these two. I gave Cheetah Boy the win to build him towards a challenge for Van Pelt’s New York Championship.

Winner: Cheetah Boy in 7:49

Brody ‘Promo’

Brody hits the ring and Cheetah Boy and Outlaw bail. Brody remains in the ring for a few minutes looking menacing and intimidating.

Notes: Good stuff as usual from Brody.

El Mitico Jr vs DeCipher

El Mitico’s debut match in BAW was distinctly average. I still think he’s got a lot of talent, and can definitely make an impact here.

Winner: El Mitico Jr in 6:06

It’s been a while since I gave Cal Sanders a win, and since he is still somehow in my Upper Midcard I thought I’d better give him one. This match was actually a lot better than I had anticipated it would be, on par in terms of quality with the opener.

Winner: Cal Sanders in 8:12

Sensitive Promo

Justin Sensitive makes his way to the ring to jeers from the crowd.

Sensitive: “BAW Call To Arms was the scene of one of the greatest travesty’s in the history of professional wrestling!”

Crowd launch into a “You’re a loser” chant.

Sensitive: “I am not a loser! Amazing Fire Fly must have cheated, he must have done! There is no way he could have beaten me. No way! Luckily, tonight I have been given the chance to put things right... and I will put things right. Tonight I will beat Fire Fly, get my title back and resume my role as the greatest champion in this companies history!”

Notes: Not bad from Justin. Not quite as good as some of the promos he did as champ, but not bad.

In the past, both of these guys have had problems with Psychology. With this in mind, I decided to have Dylan script this match beforehand. All in all, it worked! This was a Main Event quality match, which should hopefully give Donte Dunn some good momentum going into his upcoming title challenge.

Winner: Donte Dunn in 17:47

©Amazing Fire Fly vs Justin Sensitive

BAW Championship

I took a risk here, with this being the fourth time that these two had squared off in less than 6 months. Luckily, despite there being a few negatives, this match surpassed any of their previous efforts. The negatives, besides the obvious lack of Psychology, were mainly based around Fire Fly’s gimmick. Not only was it a poor gimmick, it had now become stale as well. I’d need to look at changing that asap.

Winner: Amazing Fire Fly in 17:52

Match of the Night: Main Event

Trash of the Night: Nothing was terrible!

Next Time: With the champ needing a gimmick change, what will Danny do? Perhaps a turn is in order... or not XD

A slow couple of weeks, in which not a lot actually happened. Still, at least it gave me time to work on my card...

Predictions

BAW One Step Closer #26

Cal Sanders vs Jayson Van Pelt (New York Championship)

El Mitico vs Mustang Blanco Jr

Joffy Laine vs Atlas

Cheetah Boy vs Hijo Del Aguila Americana

Panda Mask II vs Justin Sensitive

Amazing Fire Fly vs Donte Dunn (BAW Championship)

Prediction Results

BAW Call To Arms #6

funkyzafara 5/6

borman 48 5/6

1234 5/6

This Year

1234 53/59

funkyzafara 49/59

Zergon 44/53

borman 48 43/48

Michigan Hero 8/12

Raijin Samurai 5/6

BHK1978 4/6

Thanks for predicting guys. Unfortunately nobody managed all six this month, but hopefully you can put that right next time :p

JVP continues to look good.

White Mustang Jr is a jobber.

Joffy Laine vs Atlas

So is Joffy.

And so is HDAA.

I like Panda, but Justin is just plain better right now.

Normally I'd say Donte Dunn, but I'm gonna go with Fire Fly in a minor upset. I still think Dunn gets the belt at a later date, he's gonna be the next champ.

Jayson's NY reign continues...

You seem to rate Mitico highly.

Joffy Laine vs Atlas

Laine is a jobber...but so is Atlas, so just picked Atlas because you seem to be building a feud between Atlas & Brody.

Atleast 1 person using an Animal gimmick needs to win, and since i see Panda Mask losing, it has to be Cheetah.

You need Heel's to challenge FireFly

Although i see Dunn as your next champion, i cant see a change happening yet.

BAW One Step Closer #26

Joffy Laine vs Atlas

Nope no title change here

Just a guess here

Joffy Laine vs Atlas

Atlas haven´t been great but neither have Laine

Well you said Cheetah is getting a push

I go with former champion here

Dunn might well be the next champ but not yet

BAW One Step Closer #26

Week 3 June 2012

Attendance: 135

Pre Show

Our backstage is perfect right now! Can we use all that positive energy to put on a great show?

Main Show

Cal Sanders vs Jayson Van Pelt

New York Championship

A good opener from these two, despite the fact it suffered from a lack of Psychology. Jayson Van Pelt picked up the win, and made his 4th successful defence.

Winner: Jayson Van Pelt in 8:56

El Mitico Jr vs Mustang Blanco Jr

I was quite surprised that this match the heights of average, especially considering Mustang Jr had an off night. I had El Mitico dominate, and in doing so he helped Mustang improve on his performance skills.

Winner: El Mitico Jr in 6:01

Fire Fly Promo

Fire Fly: “I finally did it! I am finally your BAW Champion, and now that I have this belt I am going to fight with everything I have to keep it around my waist. Tonight, my opponent is Justin Sensitive. He’s achieved a lot over the last few months, and tonight I know that we’ll put on a great match for you guys. I honestly can’t wait...”

Notes: I forgot the champ was changing gimmick tonight, otherwise I wouldn’t have had him on the mic and would have waited until his match to debut his ‘Happy Go Lucky’ gimmick. Fortunately the crowd seemed to love his new gimmick, despite the promo only being average.

Joffy Laine vs Atlas

Okay this was really poor, and makes me think that pushing Atlas is a mistake. Joffy has put on decent matches with Brody, so that would suggest that it is Atlas at fault rather than Laine. This should easily be trash of the night.

Winner: Atlas in 5:51

Brody/Atlas ‘Promo’

After the match, Giant Brody hits the ring. Ignoring Laine, Brody’s entire focus is on Atlas. The two giants stand face to face looking intimidating, trying to make their opponent back down.

Notes: Good promo from these two.

An average match from these two. I had hoped this would be better, but maybe Cheetah Boy just isn’t as talented as I give him credit for.

Winner: Cheetah Boy in 7:35

A really good match from these two. This match would be worthy of Main Eventing the show, and hopefully wouldn’t overshadow the title match after it. As an added bonus, Panda Mask looked like he was learning out there.

Winner: Justin Sensitive in 17:01

© Amazing Fire Fly vs Donte Dunn

BAW Championship

These two have great chemistry, but both suffer from a lack of Psychology. While this bought the quality of the match down, it couldn’t prevent it from reaching our expected Main Event level. Donte Dunn looked like he was learning out there, but it was Amazing Fire Fly who walked away with the belt.

Winner: Amazing Fire Fly in 16:51

Match of the Night: Panda Mask II vs Justin Sensitive

Trash of the Night: Laine vs Atlas

Next Time: This was our best month in a long time in terms of show quality. Could we build on that momentum?

‘Creative’ was positive this month. Harvey was happy with the shows I had put on, and half way into the year was finally happy with the decision to run two shows a month. While we weren’t making as much money as we had been, we had still made $40K so far this year.

Picking up my monthly paper I was in for a surprise...

NYCW C-

PSW C-

FREEDOM C-

BAW Call To Arms C-/One Step Closer C-

RIPW C-

We had all put on a C- show! 6 shows in a month, and they were all C-! Obviously they were all slightly different, and had been ranked accordingly. While we had come towards the bottom of the table once again, we were finally showing that we could compete with the other companies on a fairly regular basis.

Predictions

This Week

borman 48 6/6

1234 6/6

funkyzafara 6/6

Zergon 6/6

This Year

1234 59/65

funkyzafara 55/65

Zergon 50/59

borman 48 49/54

Michigan Hero 8/12

Raijin Samurai 5/6

BHK1978 4/6

Thanks for predicting again :) An easy show this week, with all 4 of you getting all 6 correct. Still all to play for half way through the year, with less than 10 points separating the four of you...

A slow month this month. I almost change my card at the last moment, as I have a change of plans after the last show. In the end though, I keep the card but drop one of the pushes I was planning. Risky show this month...

Predictions

BAW Call To Arms #7

El Mitico vs The Masked Outlaw

Nigel Svensson vs DeCipher

Cheetah Boy vs Donte Dunn

Cal Sanders vs Justin Sensitive

Amazing Fire Fly vs Giant Brody (BAW Championship)

Ace might be decent midcard champion but he isn´t winning this time

Not sure about this one but you aren´t high about Outlaw anyway

It´s Svensson do I really need to say more?

Dunn takes a somewhat easy win

Sanders is still a jobber

Nope Brody won´t be the champ

BAW Call To Arms #7

JVP keeps it going.

El Mitico will keep on being amazing.

Nigel Svensson! *clap clap, clap clap clap*

Cheetay Boy must be the push that you aren't doing.

Justin will keep his momentum up.

Amazing is still amazing.. All Brody can do is be Giant, not a good thing.

JVP rocks

Outlaw is a borderline gatekeeper.

Nigel v. Jobber I'll take Nigel.

Jobber v. Dunn. I'll take Dunn.

Keeping Justin Sensitive up.

I'm sure Brody is big time over due to his menace angles, but those same angles can build him right back up. Now is the time to transfer his momentum and overness to Fire Fly.

BAW Call To Arms #7

Week 1 July 2012

Attendance: 300 (Sell Out!)

Pre Show

With only 15 minutes left until the show started, both El Mitico and Mustang Blanco Jr still hadn’t arrived. Having run a few of these shows I had become fairly confident about the timeslot of our event not having any timeclashes with other promotions... so I decided to ring them both. Imagine my surprise when they both told me that they were working in Mexico tonight for MHW. I went off on one, but Mitico informed me that they had both informed me that if there were any clashes between promotions then they would work in Mexico. I quickly checked my notes and, annoyingly, discovered that he was right. El Mitico had a match tonight, so that meant that I had about 10 minutes to work out who would replace him. Words cannot describe just how annoyed I am at myself.

Main Show

Ace Youngblood vs Jayson Van Pelt ©

New York Championship

Feeling a little apprehensive about what lay ahead, I was pleased to see these two get the show off to a good start. I seem to be able to trust JVP to put on a decent opener against pretty much anyone. Jayson made the 5th defence of his New York Championship, equalling Amazing Fire Fly’s record for most successful defences.

Winner: Jayson Van Pelt in 9:09

Panda Mask II vs The Masked Outlaw

Panda Mask was the best of those that I hadn’t already used on the night. As a thank you for not complaining about me originally leaving him off the card, I decided to give Panda the win. It turned out to be a decent match, and considering it was done on such short notice... I’m fairly happy with that.

Winner: Panda Mask II in 8:04

Fire Fly Promo

Fire Fly: “I am making no exaggeration when I say that tonight I face the biggest threat yet to my BAW Championship. My opponent tonight is a monster. He stands at 6’9 and weighs 326 pounds. Over the past few months, Giant Brody has shown time and time again that he is the most dominant man on the roster. Well, he hasn’t faced anyone like me yet! Giant Brody has beaten down wrestler after wrestler, but I can promise you that will end tonight.”

Notes: Fire Fly’s strengths certainly aren’t on the mic, but this wasn’t terrible.

This match was a little disappointing, only being average. At least it looked like DeCipher was learning out there.

Winner: Nigel Svensson in 7:33

Wow, this match was much better than I had expected. This could easily pass as a Main Event for us. On top of that, it looked as if Donte Dunn learnt something out there as well. Donte Dunn picked up the win, but my opinion of Cheetah Boy has definitely risen after this match.

Winner: Donte Dunn in 8:29

Brody ‘Promo’

Brody hits the ring and absolutely destroyed . Brody remains in the ring for a few minutes looking menacing and intimidating, presumably in an attempt to send a message to Fire Fly ahead of their title match later tonight.

Notes: Good stuff as usual from Brody.

This match was great! Certainly the best match we have managed to put on in quite awhile. Normally this would be a cause for celebration, but this gave our Main Event a lot to live up to... and honestly, I wasn’t too confident that Fire Fly and Brody would be able to.

Winner: Justin Sensitive in 17:30

©Amazing Fire Fly vs Giant Brody

BAW Championship

I was right to be worried, this was the worst Main Event we had put on in quite a while. The match was too long, and really exposed the two workers lack of Psychology. I was really disappointed with this match, as up until this point the show had been shaping up to be one of our best...

Winner: Amazing Fire Fly in 16:17

Match of the Night: Sanders vs Sensitive

Trash of the Night: Nothing was terrible, but the main event was disappointing.

Next Time: After the disappointment of this weeks Main Event, next time will Danny be able to find a Main Event that is worthy of finishing the show?

After the mess at last weeks show, I made sure to check the schedules this week. Luckily there were no clashes, and we had the entire roster at our disposal...

Predictions

BAW One Step Closer #28

Nigel Svensson vs Jayson Van Pelt (New York Championship)

El Mitico vs Hiro Del Aguila Americana

Cal Sanders vs Atlas

Joffy Laine vs Donte Dunn

Cheetah Boy vs Justin Sensitive

Amazing Fire Fly vs The Masked Outlaw (BAW Championship)

Predictions

BAW Call To Arms #7

(I’m not going to count the re-arranged match, so it’s only out of 5 this month)

1234 5/5

Zergon 5/5

funkyzafara 5/5

borman 48 5/5

This Year

1234 64/70

funkyzafara 60/70

Zergon 55/64

borman 54/59

Michigan Hero 8/12

Raijin Samurai 5/6

BHK1978 4/6

Another easy month, with you all getting 5 :)

BAW One Step Closer #28

Nigel Svensson vs Jayson Van Pelt (New York Championship)

Nigel is not at the level yet.

El Mitico vs Hiro Del Aguila Americana

El Mitico is a good prospect.

Cal Sanders vs Atlas

Atlas is worthless, give Sanders a win.

Joffy Laine vs Donte Dunn

Donte Dunn gets another win.

Cheetah Boy vs Justin Sensitive

Justin keeps it up.

Amazing Fire Fly vs The Masked Outlaw (BAW Championship)

K-Squared is baaad.

Archived