Backbreaker

The Swanton825

• 2 weeks later...

My brother and I have spent so many hours already on tackle alley. It's just nuts.

The camera angle during game play is taking some getting used too, but it's not a deal breaker. I haven't gotten a hang of the passing game yet, but try and stop my run. It just won't happen. The running game in this game is so fun.

The sad part about this game is, it's just not going to sell as well as it should. I'm hoping it develops a big enough audience to actually put a dent in Madden, but I doubt it will.

They already announced work on Backbreaker 2 though. So they're pretty confident in it.

Man! I was planning on not buying this right away because there were other games I wanted more, but how can I pass up a cry for help like "I don't think this game will beat Madden?!"

Birthday list? YOU'RE GETTING MODIFIED SLIGHTLY!

Man! I was planning on not buying this right away because there were other games I wanted more, but how can I pass up a cry for help like "I don't think this game will beat Madden?!"

Birthday list? YOU'RE GETTING MODIFIED SLIGHTLY!

As far as gameplay goes, Backbreaker really is better than Madden. Even in the demo you can see that. The Euphoria engine does wonder for the sport.

I've been telling everyone I know to download the demo because it's worth a shot.

It's like back before EA got the exclusive license to the NFL. They were putting out the inferior product, but QB Club and the NFL2k games just weren't selling as well because they didn't have the support and advertising that EA gave the Madden franchise.

Growing up, I never bought Madden games. I was given one for the SEGA Genesis and it was awful. I had a few other football games for the Genesis and they were just so fun. Especially the Joe Montana games. Then when the N64 came out I started getting the QB Club games and I think I spent more time playing that when it came out then any other game. Then NFL2k came out and I fell in love. I feel bad for 2k sports. They deserve better.

I will be recreating the XFL, like I did with All Pro Football 2k8 (which I still have).

I was never a fan of the football games. My brother got me into a few of the collage games though.

I've seen the videos and demo of this game and it looks GREAT.

XFL was spectacular. I watched it until they cut it. ;(

Moon_lit, I'm sorry, but you have exited the stereotype I place on girls almost completely.

However, since you're here, explain this "danger zone." If there's no fair catch, but there's ALSO no crowding the guy, doesn't that make things kinda easier?

Also how is it more dangerous -- I mean, it was clear from the Kenny Loggins song how dangerous this zone was, but the XFL makes it sound pretty safe.

Oh I know what the XFL is.

I honestly didn't think it had any fans, much less anyone who thought it was 'spectacular'

That was awful football. Awful. I've seen high school games that were played with more skill and consistency. It wasn't even entertaining in a 'so bad it's good' way.

Sorry to derail the thread.

EDIT: reading that article, the fact that the scoring was so low that bookies placed the under in the 20s and still won most of their bets tells you how bad it was.

It did give us the resurgence of Tommy Maddox. :shifty:

As for Backbreaker, any truth to the fact that the PS3 Demo comes out a week AFTER the game does?

It should have come out today since PSN updates every Tuesday I believe, but I could be wrong. The 360 demo came out this past Friday.

Oh I know what the XFL is.

I honestly didn't think it had any fans, much less anyone who thought it was 'spectacular'

That was awful football. Awful. I've seen high school games that were played with more skill and consistency. It wasn't even entertaining in a 'so bad it's good' way.

Sorry to derail the thread.

EDIT: reading that article, the fact that the scoring was so low that bookies placed the under in the 20s and still won most of their bets tells you how bad it was.

I'm a football fan. I watched XFL every time it was on.

Archived