Official TV Show Discussion Thread

GatorBait19

House is awesome.

Do you just like House the character or are you a fan of Hugh Laurie as well? Because if you like Hugh Laurie the actor I suggest you check out Blackadder (Rowan Atkinson aka Mr. Bean was the star of this great show), this was a great show and to be honest it was not until I IMDB'ed Hugh Laurie that I found out he was the same guy that was the star of House, that is how different he looks.

Since randomfreeze already gave us his list of favorites here is my list in no order:

01. True Blood

02. Dexter

03. Mad Men

04. Breaking Bad

05. Curb Your Enthusiasm

06. Fringe

07. Damages

08. Sons of Anarchy

09. Supernatural

10. Survivor

11. The Amazing Race

12. Big Brother (yes it is pure and utter trash but it is awsome)

13. Persons Unknown

14. Big Love

15. East Bound and Down

16. Flight of the Conchords

Shows I'm watching at the moment: Sons of Anarchy, Supernatural Season 4, True Blood, Spartacus. Favourite shows from the past: The Sopranos, 24, The Wire (only watched the first two seasons but brilliant so far). Have also just purchased Deadwood which I cannot wait to see after playing Red Dead Redemption:D

Good luck trying to follow what they are saying in that show. Pretty much the only think I understood on that show was the cuss words. Seriously, though it was a great show but the dialogue was a bit hard to follow at times. And I highly doubt that people in the wild west talked as eloquently as some of the characters spoke on that show.

Mine:

01: Hell's Kitchen ("RAW, RAW, RAW!")

02: House Hunters International

03: Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives

04: Lie to Me

05: Burn Notice

06: Psych

07: For Rent

08: Man Caves

09: HGTV Design Star / The Next Food Network Star

10: Billy the Exterminator

11: Bones

12: Garage Mahal

13: Food Jammers

14: NFL Total Access

15: Inside the Playbook

Do you just like House the character or are you a fan of Hugh Laurie as well? Because if you like Hugh Laurie the actor I suggest you check out Blackadder (Rowan Atkinson aka Mr. Bean was the star of this great show), this was a great show and to be honest it was not until I IMDB'ed Hugh Laurie that I found out he was the same guy that was the star of House, that is how different he looks.

I was on hold the other day and instead of music, the company had put on audio from episodes of Blackadder. I'd forgotten how awesome that show was. The most fun I've ever had on hold.

Good luck trying to follow what they are saying in that show. Pretty much the only think I understood on that show was the cuss words. Seriously, though it was a great show but the dialogue was a bit hard to follow at times. And I highly doubt that people in the wild west talked as eloquently as some of the characters spoke on that show.

I'm just getting into Deadwood now and while not far into it, I think the dialogue so far is pretty good. If you think the language is too eloquent maybe you should check out the PBS documentary series "The West". If the historical letters etc are representative of at least the more educated people of the time, they had a far better way with words than people do these days.

12. Big Brother (yes it is pure and utter trash but it is awsome)

I've seen an episode or two, but couldn't get into the show.

Big Brother is just funny.

01: Hell's Kitchen ("RAW, RAW, RAW!")

02: House Hunters International

03: Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives

09: HGTV Design Star / The Next Food Network Star

I'm shocked. Most males don't watch stuff like this.

Hells Kitchen is just fantastic.

House Hunters International is great because the people are stupid.

Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. I remember watching when Guy was on the Food Network Stars show. I loved him and still do.

I think it was last year, maybe the year before, but TV Guide did this article talking about how different Food Network's demograph was now. Plenty of males watch it now and men are now part of their target audience.

I watch anything with Alton Brown, Guy, and Iron Chef America.

I think it was last year, maybe the year before, but TV Guide did this article talking about how different Food Network's demograph was now. Plenty of males watch it now and men are now part of their target audience.

I love Guy. Iron Chef is one of my favorite shows to watch.

I love watching the Food Network Challenges. Those cakes people make amaze me. Then again I love the Ace of Cakes as well.

I love Guy. Iron Chef is one of my favorite shows to watch.

I love watching the Food Network Challenges. Those cakes people make amaze me. Then again I love the Ace of Cakes as well.

It was funny, when Guy was on Next Food Network Star my stepmom was watching it. It was one of the earlier episodes and I heard him talk and I went "that guy's going to win, he oozes charisma." The last time I watched that show was when Jeffrey Saad didn't win. I thought that was a load of crap. That guy was awesome

It was funny, when Guy was on Next Food Network Star my stepmom was watching it. It was one of the earlier episodes and I heard him talk and I went "that guy's going to win, he oozes charisma." The last time I watched that show was when Jeffrey Saad didn't win. I thought that was a load of crap. That guy was awesome

Jeffrey Saad had the presence that Guy has. Not as much as Guy but I think he had the "it" that would have made a great show.

I've seen Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives a few times and I think the show concept is good, but I'm not a fan of Guy. I don't watch Next Food Network Star though, so I really don't know him besides DD&D...if I watch Star and follow him I'd probably be a bigger fan. He shouts too much...I don't know. It's not for me. He's better than that clown Adam Richman from Man vs. Food.

Like Jaysin, my food network guy is Alton Brown. The Bill Nye of this generation. I've cooked less than 1% of the stuff I've watched on cooking shows so I don't get much out of it that way, but if I can learn why things are cooked a certain way or how they react to each other or how two ingredients first meet and became a classic pairing, I can use that info.

And even though I don't watch much anymore, I love Iron Chef. First discovering that show with the dubbed voices and subtitles on the screen made it seem like some sort of gladiator competition. The American one is worse, because it took away some of the mystery, but still a good show.

I'm just getting into Deadwood now and while not far into it, I think the dialogue so far is pretty good. If you think the language is too eloquent maybe you should check out the PBS documentary series "The West". If the historical letters etc are representative of at least the more educated people of the time, they had a far better way with words than people do these days.

Deadwood is a great series. About the curse words, I remember reading director commentary where he said he could of used the curse words they used back then, but then it wouldn't of held as much weight or been taken as seriously. It made it more comical than appropriate for the situation.

If anything, that series reaffirmed my love of Ian McShane and makes me watch anything with Timothy Olyphant, which is how I gave Justified a chance and that was definitely worth it.

I appreciate Hell's Kitchen too. Is it just me or does anyone feel like eating while watching the show everytime it airs? Like, even when I'm not hungry :p

I've really laid off television as a whole, but I've gotten into it a bit more recently and I've really let a lot of shows off, to my personal dismay. I don't watch Friends or That 70s Show anymore, don't 'occasionally' watch Seinfeld anymore, I'm pretty much stuck on CSI stuff, sports updates(World Cup, NBA), occasional Simpsons and House.

Holy balls, it seems those reality shows have really taken a dive over time... competition shows to dream-land shows, such as A Shot at Love With Average Bisexuals and A Date With Whoever's Hot at the Moment.

Sigh.. guess I can just sift through the summer and look forward to September. New seasons of Always Sunny and House, I'll be locked onto my TV then. :cool: Also, need to watch the new Futurama episodes...

I appreciate Hell's Kitchen too. Is it just me or does anyone feel like eating while watching the show everytime it airs? Like, even when I'm not hungry :p

That happens whenever I watch The Food Network. Triple D, Chopped, The Best Thing I Ever Ate all leave me craving what they're cooking.

I've really laid off television as a whole, but I've gotten into it a bit more recently and I've really let a lot of shows off, to my personal dismay. I don't watch Friends or That 70s Show anymore, don't 'occasionally' watch Seinfeld anymore, I'm pretty much stuck on CSI stuff, sports updates(World Cup, NBA), occasional Simpsons and House.

I'm pretty much with you, I don't keep up with too many shows really. Hell's Kitchen, Community, The Office, and So You Think You Can Dance (wife loves it and the girls are good looking lol) are probably the only shows I regularly see when they first air.

Honestly, the show I'm watching most right now is Buffy The Vampire Slayer since it's part of Netflix's instant content. And being a huge Whedon fan, (loved Firefly, Serenity, and Dr. Horrible and probably the only person who absolutely adored Dollhouse), I figured it was time to actually watch Buffy and Angel.

That happens whenever I watch The Food Network. Triple D, Chopped, The Best Thing I Ever Ate all leave me craving what they're cooking.

I'm pretty much with you, I don't keep up with too many shows really. Hell's Kitchen, Community, The Office, and So You Think You Can Dance (wife loves it and the girls are good looking lol) are probably the only shows I regularly see when they first air.

Honestly, the show I'm watching most right now is Buffy The Vampire Slayer since it's part of Netflix's instant content. And being a huge Whedon fan, (loved Firefly, Serenity, and Dr. Horrible and probably the only person who absolutely adored Dollhouse), I figured it was time to actually watch Buffy and Angel.

No I loved Dollhouse as well and felt that Fox never really gave it a chance. It was on the night of death (Friday) when there was nobody home to give it an audience. Maybe if it was put on Mondays after 24, it might have been able to grow and audience.

No I loved Dollhouse as well and felt that Fox never really gave it a chance. It was on the night of death (Friday) when there was nobody home to give it an audience. Maybe if it was put on Mondays after 24, it might have been able to grow and audience.

Or Syfy. I think Syfy should bring back Jericho and Jerimah. I love post apocalypse shows and think they would do well on SyFy

Hells Kitchen is just fantastic.

House Hunters International is great because the people are stupid.

Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. I remember watching when Guy was on the Food Network Stars show. I loved him and still do.

Well, House Hunters and House Hunters International (as well as the now defunct "What You Get For The Money" on the former Fine Living Network) are useful to me as well since it can be very educational. Like, I had no idea Nicaragua had progressed so far in developing their coastal resort areas (and I've BEEN to Nicaragua, just not recently).

Triple D works for me because I travel a lot and the places Guy features are places I generally like to frequent.

Most males don't own over a hundred pairs of shoes either. Remi is just unique.

It's not SHOES, y0. It's SUITS. I only have like 58 pairs of shoes (combined, including sneakers, boots, flip flops, huaraches, etc and several of those pairs are over ten years old). It's suits that I've broken triple digits on!

That's because Remi is awesome. :D

I will not argue with the lady. :p

Yup. I love Alton too. If you like Good Eats, I'd recommend 'Unwrapped' (with Marc Summers. Yes, of 'Double Dare' fame) and Food(ography) with Mo whatsisface. Those are cool too. Food Jammers is just ridiculously unrealistic but fun to watch in a MacGuyver sort of way.

I've seen Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives a few times and I think the show concept is good, but I'm not a fan of Guy. I don't watch Next Food Network Star though, so I really don't know him besides DD&D...if I watch Star and follow him I'd probably be a bigger fan. He shouts too much...I don't know. It's not for me. He's better than that clown Adam Richman from Man vs. Food.

I think Guy is an acquired taste. I like how natural he seems onscreen without forcing anything and how he seems to say pretty much what most people would say in many situations ("Oops, some fell in my mouth").

Like Jaysin, my food network guy is Alton Brown. The Bill Nye of this generation. I've cooked less than 1% of the stuff I've watched on cooking shows so I don't get much out of it that way, but if I can learn why things are cooked a certain way or how they react to each other or how two ingredients first meet and became a classic pairing, I can use that info.

And even though I don't watch much anymore, I love Iron Chef. First discovering that show with the dubbed voices and subtitles on the screen made it seem like some sort of gladiator competition. The American one is worse, because it took away some of the mystery, but still a good show.

I love Alton and you're right, he's very much like a Bill Nye type. I think Iron Chef America chose to go the direction that fits its audience better. The focus is more on the personalities of the chefs and how they handle the competition (Michael Simon is a good example) rather than strictly on the X's and O's of the food. Western audiences love them some personalities, after all.

Hell yes! Sometimes, if I have the stuff available, I'll actually start making the stuff I see on Triple D. I have like 40 episodes on my DVR so I often go back and check the recipe/mechanics regularly.

Holy balls, it seems those reality shows have really taken a dive over time... competition shows to dream-land shows, such as A Shot at Love With Average Bisexuals and A Date With Whoever's Hot at the Moment.

Yeah, it's the easy way out. And you know studios/networks, the easy way out is always preferable.

Oh one show I'd recommend is 'Baggage' on Game Show Network, hosted by the man himself, Jerry Springer. Whenever I watch it, I'm always like "Damn, how many years would it have taken for them to reveal THAT little nugget?".

I have to say I really love Ashes to Ashes on BBC America (Series 2 just finished showing over here). I wish I would have caught the U.K. version of Life on Mars, sadly I only saw the final episode with Sam Tyler in it.

Being Human is another BBC show which I enjoy as well and I can't wait for season two, which is due to air over here in two weeks.