Exploring Other Options??

Guest KingOfKings

Guest KingOfKings

Okay, the number 2 heel in my company, Amber Allens contract has come up for renewal and I tried to request negotiations with her but apparently she has decided to to explore other options.

Does this mean she just won't flat out re-sign with me? Or do I have to wait until her contract is up? Losing her would be a huge blow, any tips on how to keep her?

I had somethin similar with Echo last night. I am playing as ZEN and have got them to regional. He was my top heel and had also been working for RAW (at Cult) but decided to re-sign a PPA with RAW but to explore other options with me. I think it was my fault because I had him at around B-/C+ popularity and he had also requested some breaks as he was getting fatigued working for both promotions. Would he have been unwilling to sign because of the popularity thing or because he was getting overworked or is it both these reasons? His Morale was good so I don't think that impacted it. And as a follow up after six months will he be willing to re-sign or will he still think he is too big for me? Thanks

Guest KingOfKings

I think I caught a huge break, I waited about a week before her contract ran out and requested negotiations, which she accepted this time.

Guess she figured she wasn't going to be a main eventer anywhere else

Regional max for human controlled promotions is C- generally. So say bye bye.

Any idea on what that threshold is for Cult? I'm playing as 21CW, so I have to build my top guys as much as possible, because I need to crank out REALLY good shows to hit National. I don't want my top stars leaving, and then sitting there unemployed forever.

Guest KingOfKings
Did she lose a or some matches before the renegotiation? If not then yeah you got lucky.

No I didn't even hold an event, I was shocked. I figured I would give it another go and she negotiated. Not like she was gonna get much anywhere else anyway/

I've always looked at that as kind of a "Hey I've had fun working here, but I just feel like doing something else right now" Having offers from other companies in their queue can also cause this. But yeah if you wait a bit and offer again they'll sometimes accept.

Regional max for human controlled promotions is C- generally. So say bye bye.

Sorry I should have said momentum not popularity. But does the same apply? If so I better start reigning some of my top guys back in.

For Cult, if they have a FAMILY relationship with the Owner, B+ and lower, they will resign (CGC's DeColt Brothers). However, any higher than that, and they will leave (NOTPBW's, Jeremy Stone, and Dan Stone Jr.).

I don't know what the limit for Regional is, mainly because other promotions tend to steal them before they reach that point.

I've always looked at that as kind of a "Hey I've had fun working here, but I just feel like doing something else right now" Having offers from other companies in their queue can also cause this. But yeah if you wait a bit and offer again they'll sometimes accept.

It works in another way as well. I tried negotiating with Sean McFly to steal him away from NOTBPW and he refused. So I tried negotiations again and this time he accepted, but wouldn't accept any type of contract. I basically took it as him saying, "I have family and friends here in Canada. I appreciate the thought, but no thanks."

I've noticed that immediately requesting negotiations after a worker has turned them down on the basis of exploring other options can see them change their mind literally overnight and agree to re-sign. Happened a couple of times for me with Jack DeColt in CZCW.

Okay, the number 2 heel in my company, Amber Allens contract has come up for renewal and I tried to request negotiations with her but apparently she has decided to to explore other options.

Does this mean she just won't flat out re-sign with me? Or do I have to wait until her contract is up? Losing her would be a huge blow, any tips on how to keep her?

I had this happen in my game, but after only being able to resign a PPA contract with FCW, my worker agreed to resign to me before the contract expired

It works in another way as well. I tried negotiating with Sean McFly to steal him away from NOTBPW and he refused. So I tried negotiations again and this time he accepted, but wouldn't accept any type of contract. I basically took it as him saying, "I have family and friends here in Canada. I appreciate the thought, but no thanks."

Sometimes, it oculd be they just want to see their contract play out. You can sign them AFTER their contract has expired.

Archived