DOTM: May Nomination Thread

RULES

1. You have 3 votes to either nominate or 2nd, 1 for each category

(The TigerKinney Rule)

You may substitute your Real World and Cornellverse nomination or 2nd between the two. The Rookie Vote must go to a Rookie Diary Category or be left unused

2. you may not nominate or 2nd yourself

3. All nominations need to be seconded to make the voting round

4. All nominations must include a reason

5. Real World & Cornellverse: must have at least
    shows, with at least 2 of those shows this month.

6. Rookie DOTM:any diary started since the first of the prior month -October 1st- the only post requirement for rookie is one show in the current month. (none diary threads are no longer eligible)

7. You CAN nominate the the winners from last month's Rookie Category to the full awards regardless of start date (angeldelayette's "NWA 1989: Tradition to Innovation" )

8. You can NOT nominate DSE81's "The New NWA"

9. You can NOT nominate Infinitywp's "Welcome. You Know the Drill"

10. a vote for yourself is an automatic disqualification.

2nd* - means that the diary has been seconded so that you do not waste your vote, or fail to 2nd a diary you want to see put up for diary of the month

Real World DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* [thread=105618]angeldelayette's "NWA 1989: Tradition to Innovation"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=39102]The Final Countdown's "Ring Of Honor-We Don't Imitate...We Innovate (2002)"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=46137]Old School's "WWWF: Re-writing History: No Hulk/No Vince (D.O.T.T)"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=58732]jw_forever's "WWE 2006: New Year, New Stars, New Beginnings"[/thread]

Cornellverse DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* [thread=80587]Yuu Onuki's Memoirs of a Booker[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=82514]Bigpapa42's "Total Championship Wrestling: Tuesday Night Wars"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=105836]James Casey's "SWF: Who Is Richard Eisen?"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=76110]TakerNGN74's "Canadian Golden Combat: Reforming its legacy"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=72945]Angeldelayette "]USPW: A Slow Ride To The Top"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=47928]Phantom Stranger's "TCW: A Quiet Retirement"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=93410]jhd1's "USPW: The Battle for Primetime"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=117042]Marcel Fromage's "CZCW Get Into the Zone"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=75205]Dragonmack's "NYCW: The David Mack Chronicles- NYCW The Homecoming"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=91072]Tigerkinney's "BHOTWG-Stepping into the Inferno"[/thread]

Rookie DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* [thread=131262]Eisen-verse's"The Infamous, Rebellious, Suicidal… 4C; The Evolution of GREED"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=132515]Charasmatic Enigma's BAW "One man's dream"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=133053]BHK1978's "RIPW: The Ballad of Henry Lee"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=133953]JudgeJuryExectutioner's WWF 1989 - The Golden Age of Sports Entertainment[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=136472]mad5226's The Dog Pound (The Other Mistake on the Lake) [/thread]
  • [thread=133774]Hive's "The birth of Nitro"[/thread]
  • [thread=132418]Bull's "USPW: A New Era"[/thread]
  • [thread=129049]ColtCabana's "TNA: Totally Nonsensical Action"[/thread]
  • [thread=134184]Ritchardo's "AWA 1989: From The Ashes"[/thread]

And Start thinking about Hall of Fame, as July and Hall of Fame nominations are fast approaching.

Nominations will be open until May 31st (12 pm Eastern)

Sorry for any incovience, but I will only update once a day. :o

Real World DOTM nominee:

The birth of Nitro - Hive

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133774

I didn't read a lot this month and the one that caugh my attention is this one. It is an easy read, it stays close to reality and I can easily keep updated on it with quick and to the point matches. I'll continue to read it. It also gives me some ideas for a game I play seldomly using the 1997 mod by Genadi.

USPW: A Slow Ride To The Top - Angeldelayette

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72945

I started reading it about a week ago, but I didn't get to the end yet. The story involving the user character and Alicia Strong is really cool and shows are well written. Matches are quite too long for my personal taste though and can't read too many shows in one sitting. It deserves another extra point for his dedication playing with USPW (his first diaries weren't as successful in-game hehehe), but a good read nonetheless. :)

Rookie DOTM nominee's:

USPW: A New Era - Bull

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132418

It was really good while it lasted and I can't wait for Bull to start another diary. Characters and storylines were cool and matches were clean, easy to read and delivered the action well.

I nominate Phantom Stranger's "TCW: A Quiet Retirement", in C-verse category, for consistency quality in shows, Bigpapa42's Total Championship Wrestling: Tuesday Night Wars", also in the C-Verse category, for somehow managing to book Rocky Golden well, and Eisen-verse's"The Infamous, Rebellious, Suicidal… 4C; The Evolution of GREED", for the Rookie category, for going back to his roots.

I nominate Yuu Onuki's Memoirs of a Booker for Cornellverse DOTM

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80587

The lines are leading me on a constant quest for joshimpeccability.

Although I WOULD second you, I used up all my votes already. Sorry. :( Where's Remianen when you need him? ;)

Oh yeah, now we are at it... we need some sort of vote-ranking system, like IRV or Condorcet.

For C-Verse I would like to nominate TakerNGN74's: Canadian Golden Combat: Reforming its legacy

This is a real enjoyable diary to read.

For Rookie I will go with Charasmatic Enigma's BAW: One man's dream

This is a good easy to read sort of 0/0/0 diary (sort of because CE did start the diary with money).

As for Real World, I will come back on here and nominate it later.

USPW: A Slow Ride To The Top - Angeldelayette

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72945

I started reading it about a week ago, but I didn't get to the end yet. The story involving the user character and Alicia Strong is really cool and shows are well written. Matches are quite too long for my personal taste though and can't read too many shows in one sitting. It deserves another extra point for his dedication playing with USPW (his first diaries weren't as successful in-game hehehe), but a good read nonetheless. :)

Thanks for the nomination! Glad you're enjoying the read so far. I can also agree with my past luck in USPW diaries. lol. It hasn't been so great but it can be worse as well, right? At least I'm really having fun with this one and glad that others are as well. As for the matches, that is something I will definitely take into consideration within the future.

I Second Bigpapa and Yuu and Eisenverse. And want to throw James Casey SWF's as a diary for others to ponder

I nominate Phantom Stranger's "TCW: A Quiet Retirement", in C-verse category, for consistency quality in shows, Bigpapa42's Total Championship Wrestling: Tuesday Night Wars", also in the C-Verse category, for somehow managing to book Rocky Golden well, and Eisen-verse's"The Infamous, Rebellious, Suicidal… 4C; The Evolution of GREED", for the Rookie category, for going back to his roots.

Thank you, kindly! :D It's much appreciated AMP & Hyde! You two have been great sources of support/feedback ever since I started writing these things.

Onto my noms:

Cornellverse DOTM: jhd1's - "USPW: The Battle for Primetime".

Why: First and foremost, I love that AL was pulled over for drinking and driving. Sure, it's not a funny scenario in real-life; however, I can picture the hillbilly driving down the road on a tractor while swigging back on moonshine. haha. Other than that glaring awesomeness, He's done an amazing job with creating his vision of USPW.

Rookie DOTM: BHK1978's - "RIPW: The Ballad of Henry Lee".

Why: BHK has a great mind for wrestling. I've been lucky enough to see this almost on a daily basis as he's been an avid responder in my PSW, and now 4C, projects. With that said, I'm loving the fact that Henry is getting the focus here. Plus, RIPW is one of those companies that haven't had much focus from a diary perspective... so... he's charting on new ground. Great work thus far.

I'll second BHK's RIPW dynasty if I can because I didn't put my vote in for Rookie so there now I just did.

Thank you Taker your check is in the mail...:D

Okay for my real world I would like to nominate: WWWF: Re-writing History: No Hulk/No Vince (D.O.T.T) by Oldschool

There are a ton of great Real World diaries on here and I had a tough time picking just one. However, Oldschool has returned and I just had to nominate him for his great diary.

Okay for my real world I would like to nominate: WWWF: Re-writing History: No Hulk/No Vince (D.O.T.T) by Oldschool

There are a ton of great Real World diaries on here and I had a tough time picking just one. However, Oldschool has returned and I just had to nominate him for his great diary.

I would like to second Oldschool's WWWF dynasty, as well as nominate:

Real World:

angeldelayette's NWA 1989: Tradition to Innovation

Rookie:

JudgeJuryExectutioner's WWF 1989 - The Golden Age of Sports Entertainment

Rookie:

JudgeJuryExectutioner's WWF 1989 - The Golden Age of Sports Entertainment

I will second that. I would also like to nominate The Final Countdowns "Ring Of Honor-We Don't Imitate...We Innovate (2002)". I have struggled to keep up with as many diaries as I would like the past couple of months, but FC's is always consistently good, and the shows I have read this month have been pretty enjoyable.

Firstly Id' like to thank BHK1978 for the nomination :)

I would also like to nominate The Final Countdowns "Ring Of Honor-We Don't Imitate...We Innovate (2002)".

I second this, a really good diary.

I'd also like to second mad5226's The Dog Pound (The Other Mistake on the Lake), since I'm participating in it xD

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136472

For rookie I nominate mad5226's The Dog Pound (The Other Mistake on the Lake) just for the moxie of involving so many other players in the running of the dynasty.

Thanks man it's a pretty huge project, but a lot of fun.

Archived