Twitter?

juggaloninjalee

Do you guys do the Twitter thing? Also do you guys read any celebrities Twitters or do you know someone who has a funny/interesting Twitter?

I don't have one and haven't even read one before but I must admit I am curious about it.

I made a Twitter account because I just wanted to see what the hype was about. It's honestly not worth it in my opinion. I mean seriously who cares if someones scratching there head? :D

I do... I follow a lot of local sports writers which is cool to see their comments during games and matches and whatnot, things they probably couldn't put in their columns. Also get updates about bands I like. I don't tend to follow the "ate flapjacks for breakfast" types or random celebs.

I remember in high school this one girl used to have a livejournal or some online diary that she put the link up in her AIM profile. Everyone used to read it cuz she would be really depressed and go on rants against "boys" one day. Then next day meet a new great guy and be "in love" only to have it turn to an angry rant within a few days. Im sure there is some of that on Twitter too?

I follow several of the CHIKARA and RoH wrestlers, also Stephen Fry and Stuart Ashens and guys of that ilk ('that ilk' being comedians who like technology). And girls of that ilk, sorry Felicia Day. ¬_¬

Wrestling-wise, I'd reccomend Claudio (ccastagnoli), Colt Cabana (DrColtCabana) and Bryce Remsburg (DaBryceIsRight).

Chuck Taylor and Vin Gerard are worth checking out if "last night I got THIS drunk" tweets are up your street (Chuck especially) or if you like token Orange Cassidy abuse. ¬_¬

But yeah, other than a few close friends I don't tend to follow any "normal" people who tweet about what they're doing every second of the day (Vin and Chucky T aside). It has to be informative, funny or in some other way interesting or you don't get followed. :p

I got a twitter. I got it because my girlfriend got one, and so I could send her agressive, rude messages.

To date, I've sent... I think 5 tweets. 4 teasing her, and 1 complaining about Harrison getting shafted in the Nedroid crossover art for Dinosaur Comics.

I have one, but I've never tweeted. Like Purple Cowboy said it's good for following writers and websites and following local events you're interested in. It's such a promotional thing for everyone you can basically set up your own aggregation site. I guess if you are sitting around thinking of new ways to hashtag Bieber it's kinda pointless but there is a lot of good content on Twitter.

As for following suggestions, I like DJ Gallo and he has a couple handles. thatdjgallo, DJGalloESPN, and sportspickle.

@ LongReads is good, they just post long columns on different subjects that are good for the bathroom.

Conan does a tweet a day @ ConanOBrien

If you are into TV analysis, Alan Sepinwall is my favorite @sepinwall. Just search for people you read and websites you go to and you'll be surprised how many of them already are doing things.

I follow several of the CHIKARA and RoH wrestlers, also Stephen Fry and Stuart Ashens and guys of that ilk ('that ilk' being comedians who like technology). And girls of that ilk, sorry Felicia Day. ¬_¬

Wrestling-wise, I'd reccomend Claudio (ccastagnoli), Colt Cabana (DrColtCabana) and Bryce Remsburg (DaBryceIsRight).

Chuck Taylor and Vin Gerard are worth checking out if "last night I got THIS drunk" tweets are up your street (Chuck especially) or if you like token Orange Cassidy abuse. ¬_¬

But yeah, other than a few close friends I don't tend to follow any "normal" people who tweet about what they're doing every second of the day (Vin and Chucky T aside). It has to be informative, funny or in some other way interesting or you don't get followed. :p

Stephen Fry woot woot

Hellshock does not tweet.

And if Hellshock did tweet he would tweet about things like:

Hellshock is taking a dump.

Hellshock just wiped his ass.

Hellshock just flushed.

Hellshock is watching it swirl down the drain.

Just to show people they don't really want to know what someone is doing every minute.

Hellshock does not tweet.

And if Hellshock did tweet he would tweet about things like:

Hellshock is taking a dump.

Hellshock just wiped his ass.

Hellshock just flushed.

Hellshock is watching it swirl down the drain.

Just to show people they don't really want to know what someone is doing every minute.

MichiganHero is puking up because of Hellshock's tweets.

Twitter, Facebook, and Myspace are all horrible wastes of time. I am of the opinion the less that people know about you the better off you are.

Facebook and Myspace are good for keeping up with family that live far away and it saves on long distance. :p

I had a mic (it crapped out) where I could talk to my brother in Pennsylvania over the net. Saved a lot on phone charges.

This set-up is also good for all my wrestling contacts. Could you imagine my bill for talking to Ryan Hawk in Australia for an hour or so?

Twitter? I don't want no one following me in my private life like that. I spend too much time on here and a few other select sites to tweet what I'm doing.

I have a Twitter.

Generally, I just use it to post cool TV show quotes or quirky random thoughts I have, such as one of my personal favorites:

Early morning. Cool. Comfortable. Simple joy. There's nothing in the world like watching the sun come up. I think it's time for bed.

:o

The thing about Twitter, though, is that you don't have to ever post a thing or submit personal info (aside from an email address I guess to register). You can just use it like an aggregator like randomfreeze said and follow things that interest you. It's pretty easy to avoid following people posting moronic stuff - you just don't do it (or you unfollow if you accidentally followed someone who seemed cool, but isn't).

When my TEW diary was in full swing, I contemplated setting up a gimmick Twitter account for Edd Stone, so that my many fans could keep up to date with the shenanigans of the 24 hour party animal. "Dude, I just saw the black chick from Vampire Diaries!!!" or "Lost in Mexico. Can anyone come pick me up?" or "At Duane's birthday party. Hope he likes the stripper I got him"

Didn't go through with it because it seemed like more effort than it was worth... and I didn't have the best material.

Archived