Helio (Muay Thai) chooses to shoot in on Huat (Chan Kim Huat (Submission freestyle))

Huat not only stuffs the takedown, he pushes Helio down and takes his back!

Huat tries to flatten Helio out for a rear naked choke.

Helio gets flattened out with a rear naked choke, he has to tap.

This was at 4:07 in the first round after Helio had already stuffed a takedown.

WHY does fighters I try to push do these blatantly retarded things?

It's like he put money against himself.

The fix was in.

Seriously though, I generally chalk incredibly retarded moves up to his Master of Strategy blue belt. He's done similar **** in my game as well. It's pretty annoying because he occupies that bad niche where he isn't reliable enough to be a champion but he's fully capable of tooling your stars and occasionally taking the belt.

From what I imagine of the original plan, I can imagine Huat catching the stuff, then dropping and rolling his opponent to his back and getting the rear naked.

Still no ****ing clue how he did it though, unless he's Ali on the ground.

Take the case of that guy, Andy Wang. BJJ black belt with horrible standup, STILL thought he was good enough to try and outstrike far better boxers than him with 1/10th the ground skills. His limited success in the UFC reflects that fact.

Some people just to dumb things in fights.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Predicted" data-cite="Predicted" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28056" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well, it is clearly something silly in the code here, when fighters decide to do such blatently retarded moves.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Why is it something silly in the code? Frank Mir tried to stand and bang with Brock AND Carwin and when everyone and their mother knew his best chance was on the ground. Mir is just so determined to prove he's not a one dimensional fighter her does stupid **** and loses. Maybe Helio has the same mindset as Mir.</p>

Why is it something silly in the code? Frank Mir tried to stand and bang with Brock AND Carwin and when everyone and their mother knew his best chance was on the ground. Mir is just so determined to prove he's not a one dimensional fighter her does stupid **** and loses. Maybe Helio has the same mindset as Mir.

Yeah, in real life, guys don't always plan according to their strengths; nor do they always take their weaknesses into account. A certain amount of ego is involved. Some guys have a hard time (fully) motivating themselves unless they are pushing their weaknesses to the max. Unfortunately, they may be more motivated, but easier to beat as a result. And some guys are terrible at planning, while even master strategists make mistakes. This X-Factor is one of the things that makes the game fun (for me).

Archived