Graphical Help needed for wrestling Poster!

Tyler Gadzinski

Alrighty, now with the title out of the way, I get to lay into some of the harder details about the posters and what we would generally like them to look like..

We(FWA, the wrestling company I wrestle for at the moment) need a wrestling poster for one of our yearly event's in Wisconsin.. SAWDUST DAYS!

Now the person in charge of the whole sha-bang wants specific posters made out.. here is what he wants..

i want a OLD Style Vintage Black and white circus type poster for Sawdust days, look up some only AWA flyers.

I want Pro-Wrestling Diagonal accrossed the main part!

and a large blank rectangle at the bottom for an arrow to be drawn in indicating a direction to follow to get to the tent. so we can hang them up around the grounds.

in the top left i would like the logo, and under the Pro-Wrestling i would like the dates, June 30th till July 4th. "Shows Noon till dusk ON THE HOUR"

at the bottom under the rectangle i would like the website bold.

i would like the rest to be in some kind of a stencil looking font.

i want this to be a really VINTAGE looking propaganda poster since it is a fair kinda. more circus or side showesk.

some kind of tag line to the effect of "Greatest show on earth" or "come and see" or "gather round for a show like none other" or "HERE ALL WEEK LONG" some kinda barker slogan.

We also thought up the idea of putting certain wrestlers on each poster.. yes I said EACH poster.. we will be needing 5 different posters! ALL FOR SAWDUST DAYS!

Anyways, ideas we had for wrestlers on posters are as follows(I will provide you pictures of everyone once we get new(non-cut) pictures taken on the 6th of June. I say non-cut because the guy who runs FWA has pictures... but there all cut to hell since he decided to just use the wand tool. Ok, now for the line-up...

1. Tim Mecca goes on one.. he is the FWA Undisputed Champion.. picture is here

2. LA Hollywood also goes on one, why? Because he is from Oshkosh, WI(where we're holding the event) picture will be up after the 6th.

3. A Tim Mecca vs. Kasey Cameron, Tim's picture is above.. I can get others on the 6th if you specify how you would like him to pose.. Kasey will have to wait until the 6th to get a picture again I can get a specific pose from him or just whatever if you don't really care.

4. A picture of the Tag Team "Loosen Up" which consists of Bizzo Blaze & Robert Isaac Patterson.. again pictures will be up on the 6th or shortly after..

5. Possibly a picture of old wrestlers.. like how the old wrestling fliers looked. If you're able to find a picture, awesome, if not, I will try my best to find one.

All posters should follow these guidelines and include the FWA logo which is below..

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n250/Tylergadzinski/site_logo.gif

If you are able to meet this request there might be something in it for you. Sawdust Days is one of our biggest draws every year, even though the tent we wrestle in can only hold a max of about 30 people, they are hourly shows and we get probably around 100 or so a day total.

Thank you for anyone that can help. Oh and for specific poses please send me a PM about it and I will try my best..

If you would like to search for your own pictures all listed above have Facebooks or Myspaces.. PM me if you would like the addresses for them, I don't want to put them on a public forum for anyone to go and harass.

You seem like a cool guy but this comes across as a huge undertaking and I keep hearing stuff like "all posters must meet this guidlines" on top of the highly detailed idea by the owner it comes across as more of a job than as a request.

I hope you find somebody to do them but that is a lot of work for someone to do five posters like you want for free. Again best of luck but maybe for future reference you guys could be a little....less demanding sounding?

Maybe its me or what not so all the respect in the world just comes across as demanding to me.

You seem like a cool guy but this comes across as a huge undertaking and I keep hearing stuff like "all posters must meet this guidlines" on top of the highly detailed idea by the owner it comes across as more of a job than as a request.

I hope you find somebody to do them but that is a lot of work for someone to do five posters like you want for free. Again best of luck but maybe for future reference you guys could be a little....less demanding sounding?

Maybe its me or what not so all the respect in the world just comes across as demanding to me.

100% Agreed.

Honestly if it was up to me, I would've just said make it look like an old style wrestling poster. Somewhat circusy but not entirely.

You know what... If you would like to make an old style poster, it doesn't have to meet any of those guidelines please do. I will show them to the boss and he might like it.. if he doesn't I will try to whip up something, but I'm not the best at graphic stuff so I thought I would ask some of the amazing talent that the Grey Dog family has.

I originally came up with the idea to have it like the SummerSlam Poster with the peoples faces in stars but he didn't like it.

He can be an ass sometimes I will admit. So again, if anyone wants to make a poster however there little heart desires but just make it look like an old style wrestling poster please help us.

Also, if anyone would like to attempt the first request/job I will contact you via PM about compensation in some form.

Archived