Help me decide whether to brand split!

Ok i'm playing as SWF and i'm approaching Supreme Challenge.

I've come accross the problem that i seem to have too many viable contenders for my World Title. The title is currently on Remo and has been since Febuary and i was determined to have him keep it until Supreme Challenge where he'll face Jack Bruce (still not sure who'll win yet).

The first problem is i have is:

Remo

Jack Bruce

Rich Money

Sean McFly

Eric Eisen

Christian Faith

Angry Gilmore

Marat Khoklov

Steve Frehley

i consider these all worth of holding my title and i sometimes find it hard to juggle feuds and keep all my main guys on TV.

The second problem i have is that i have a really good crop of upper midcarders who kinda need to be pushed, but due to the amount of Main eventers find it hard to get close to the title. I have:

Joey Minnesota

Squeeky McClean

Troy Tornado

Jack Giedroyc

Sammy Bach

Brandon James (who has taken the hit in terms of pop)

Primus Allen (My current North American champ)

Quake (My User)

Dan Stone Jr

I now have two "A" TV shows and one "B" and i'm thinking of brand splitting just to get more exposure to my upper midcarders and midcarders!

What do you guys think? Good Idea, Bad Idea. Has anyone else done it? What then happens to my "B" Show? or does that just become a 3rd Brand for openers and lower mids?

As you can see i'm really not sure about doing it. I know i'd obviously have to have another World title. But would you guys make the PPV's brand specific? or just the shows?

Views and opinions are welcome.

I've been running my Global promotion with a three-way brand split and it's worked great - two major and one minor. I have everyone whose Midcard and higher on the two A-shows (major brands) and Lower Midcard and below are on my B-show (minor brand). Each brand has a Main Event title, a Midcard title (Cruiserweight and Women's), a Floating title (US and Traditional) that could be considered for Upper-Midcard, and one set of Tag titles that are also Floating.

I just struck a deal with GNN Total Sports to start a new TV show and it's going to be 2hrs of both major brands. I used to have two B-shows that ran two different nights, but I really wanted to get another major show and I couldn't if I had four shows already. A few months ago in my game I tried doing a new 3hr double brand show on ACE but the ratings were lower than my two primary shows and I dropped it. My product only has Mainstream set to medium and having it on a Mainstream network wasn't smart.

All three of these major shows on Monday, Thursday, and Sunday broadcast throughout the US, Canada, and Mexico. I just love that I have three nights a week (four if its a PPV week, I do two a month) showing wrestling to all of North America on Medium to Very Big networks. One of my goals is to one day get a show on CBA (Huge network throughout US and Canada).

Two PPVs a month and three different brand house shows are a big way to increase revenue. :)

I've been running my Global promotion with a three-way brand split and it's worked great - two major and one minor. I have everyone whose Midcard and higher on the two A-shows (major brands) and Lower Midcard and below are on my B-show (minor brand). Each brand has a Main Event title, a Midcard title (Cruiserweight and Women's), a Floating title (US and Traditional) that could be considered for Upper-Midcard, and one set of Tag titles that are also Floating.

I just struck a deal with GNN Total Sports to start a new TV show and it's going to be 2hrs of both major brands. I used to have two B-shows that ran two different nights, but I really wanted to get another major show and I couldn't if I had four shows already. A few months ago in my game I tried doing a new 3hr double brand show on ACE but the ratings were lower than my two primary shows and I dropped it. My product only has Mainstream set to medium and having it on a Mainstream network wasn't smart.

All three of these major shows on Monday, Thursday, and Sunday broadcast throughout the US, Canada, and Mexico. I just love that I have three nights a week (four if its a PPV week, I do two a month) showing wrestling to all of North America on Medium to Very Big networks. One of my goals is to one day get a show on CBA (Huge network throughout US and Canada).

Two PPVs a month and three different brand house shows are a big way to increase revenue. :)

So you are running 24 PPV's a year? WOW. I think i'm gonna do it.

Have Two World Titles, The North American & SuperNova Title (i created that one) and have Tag team on one brand.

Cheers for the help though!

So you are running 24 PPV's a year? WOW. I think i'm gonna do it.

Have Two World Titles, The North American & SuperNova Title (i created that one) and have Tag team on one brand.

Cheers for the help though!

Yep! 24 awesome PPVs a year. :p One of them in January (Rip Chord Invitational) and December (Night Of The Champions) are dual-brand PPVs. Here's a screenshot of my PPV buys thus far as of Sept 2020...

http://lrodzen.me/images/2020ppvbuys.JPG

I'm pulling in around $3.9 million a month in PPV buys by doing it this way. :cool:

I'm a fan of the RAW/Smackdown split, so I'm all for brand splits, in general. I have a question about this, though:

The second problem i have is that i have a really good crop of upper midcarders who kinda need to be pushed, but due to the amount of Main eventers find it hard to get close to the title.

Why?

Why do they "need to be pushed"?

If you've already got a loaded main event, and aren't looking to faze anyone out of those top spots, then why would you be looking to elevate someone? What's wrong with having a talented uppermidcard, midcard, and all the way to the bottom.

Look at the WWF, through the Hogan era. They had main event calibur people up and down the card. That's a good thing.

I'm a fan of the RAW/Smackdown split, so I'm all for brand splits, in general. I have a question about this, though:

Why?

Why do they "need to be pushed"?

If you've already got a loaded main event, and aren't looking to faze anyone out of those top spots, then why would you be looking to elevate someone? What's wrong with having a talented uppermidcard, midcard, and all the way to the bottom.

Look at the WWF, through the Hogan era. They had main event calibur people up and down the card. That's a good thing.

I think what i mean is that i have 4 titles at present 1 main event and 2 midcard titles and 1 floating.

If i want to have longer title reigns, then it always leaves about 15 guys without a feud for a belt for a long time as Main Eventers and Upper Mids probally wouldn't profit from my midcard titles.... so it kinda feels like im just passing people around until i have something to do with them.

I'm going for the split

Okay. I understand that having lots of people in the upper reaches of the card, with a lack of titles, can definitely be troublesome. There's a tendency to have people floating around aimlessly, when that's the case (although, that's not necessarily always a bad thing). I'm definitely on board with the brand split, as it's a great way to open things up for people, and give more people direction, and purpose.

I was simply caught on your statement that you needed to elevate a bunch of guys. I've always thought that promotions are a lot simpler (and easier to understand) when there are only a few top guys, with others descending in tiers. With that kind of organization, you end up having a very rivetting midcard, while giving people something to strive for. Then, when someone actually does break through, and become a top guy, it means something to the fans, and is a legitimate big deal.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned that way.

Good luck with the brand split. That's an amazing roster to be doing it with.

Archived