Bodybuilding

StudioStu

After checking out the documentary "Pumping Iron", I thought I'd look through all of the Mr. Olympia winners. Pretty interesting to see how the bodies changed throughout the years. In my opinion, the classic bodybuilders had much better bodies than the current ones. I'm really not a fan of the Ronnie Coleman or Jay Cutler look. I would say the best Mr. Olympia winner's body would have to be a toss up between Arnold Schwarzenegger and Frank Zane. Who would you say has been the best so far?

After some judicious Googling, I'm a bigger fan of the smaller-looking guys. A guy like Frank Zane looks a lot tougher (and less ridiculous) than a Jay Cutler [funny thing -- I googled "Mr Olympia" and tried to find the first guy who qualified as over-bulky that I could find a name for, and it was one of the examples you gave!] because it looks like he might actually be able to MOVE those muscles.

EDIT: That said, I'm a lot more impressed with power lifters as a whole than bodybuilders. Pyrros Dimas cleaning 3 times his weight is way cooler than a glorified model doing an "Apollo" pose, regardless of how hard that model works to get it just right.

Archived