I was wondering if anybody used an Interim system and if so when?

I ask this because I'm playing as UFC using Tap or Snap and Lesnar has just defeated Frank Mir to retain the title. Although this is great news he's now out for 8 months and I'm not sure wether to introduce an Interim title.

What are your thoughts and/or do you use them in your game?

I suggest you strip him from the title and have your two best fighters fight for it.

When Brock returns he can then face the current champion for the title.

That messes up the title history though.

I use interim titles whenever my guys are off for more than 6 months.

I really dislike having interim champions. Unless the guy/girl fails a drug test or leaves the company I will not strip them of the title, nor will I instate an interim champion in the meantime. As far as I am concerned it muddies the prestige of the title. As long as the guy/girl is out for an injury then I just wait until they are ready to defend the title again. It's not their fault that they have to wait 5/6 months before they can defend the title and as they have not lost the championship I see no good reason to take it from them.

I would just wait until they return unless there are out for a year. The only reason the UFC did an interim title was because they did not know when Lesnar was coming back and then right after they announced it was going to be for the interim title, they found out Brock was getting better. They likely would not have had an interim title if they knew ahead of time how quickly Brock was going to recover.

Archived