Its Official. D/C Online Nov Release date.

mike b

Interesting... maybe I'll try to jump into the beta and screw around with it, though I doubt I'll be buying this one on account of, well... just ain't hyped about it. That, and I'm still far more looking forward to the release of SWTOR. That game looks more and more incredible everytime they release new info about it, and, well... I have faith in Bioware.

I really hope this game can give me a real superhero feeling. something I never got from Champions Online. I'm pretty sure I'm going to give it a try whatever it's at launch or a couple months later after the game goes a couple cycles of polishing.

I really hope this game can give me a real superhero feeling. something I never got from Champions Online. I'm pretty sure I'm going to give it a try whatever it's at launch or a couple months later after the game goes a couple cycles of polishing.

Did you ever try (now I could be a little of on the name) world of superheroes/world of villains

http://www.leagueofheroes.com/login.php

not the same game but another option

and I was right I said the name wrong

http://www.cityofheroes.com/en.html

it was really city of heroes and villians

1st one is a new one I found, second one is the one I knew about.

Aye, I used to play CoH... for a few years, actually. One of the outright funnest MMOs, (heck, games) that I've ever played in its heyday. Second heck, it's where the name Comradebot comes from! Twas the second character I ever made, a hulking Soviet cyborg (a gigantic robot body with the brain of a Soviet general residing within). Truly the greatest hero the world has ever seen.

So much fun I had in it... so much fun... the only thing it really lacked was quality PvP and epic group content. Thankfully, regularly switching between it and WoW allowed me to satisfy those tastes (particularly because, in PvE terms, WoW pales in comparison to CoH. But boy was the PvP and dungeon content amazing).

Okay, done walking down Nostalgia Lane.

lol i have played both. Loved COH i was Armored Magic. Sort of a cross between Iron Man and Doctor Strange.

Though i am waiting with anticipation for D/C online since i am a big mark for their comics(DC)

I have never found a super hero mmo that i have enjoyed. I have never felt that "superbeing" fell that i would look for in an mmo game like that. I played both champions online and CoH/CoV. They are not bad games....just not what i have looked for.

I have never found a super hero mmo that i have enjoyed. I have never felt that "superbeing" fell that i would look for in an mmo game like that. I played both champions online and CoH/CoV. They are not bad games....just not what i have looked for.

I think this game might give you that feel.

Specially going toe to toe against Doomsday or Superman

That is what i am looking for.....a super human taking on super villians and hordes of thugs at a time. I guess i have such a grand idea of what a super hero is.....unstopble and you can have that in a game.

So much fun I had in it... so much fun... the only thing it really lacked was quality PvP and epic group content. Thankfully, regularly switching between it and WoW allowed me to satisfy those tastes (particularly because, in PvE terms, WoW pales in comparison to CoH. But boy was the PvP and dungeon content amazing).

I tried the trial of CoH, and was a semi-hardcore (I spent as much time as most hardcore players, but about half of that time was spent chatting. The other half was spent doing heroics and raids.) WoW player for like... 6 years.

CoH has, to my mind, a FUNDAMENTALLY different idea of what a dungeon is, and their idea was IMO better.

Every time they send you into some random building with your police scanner? Dungeon. The nice thing being, if you had a friend, you could do it with 2 people, or 1 person, or any number. Up to 10, I think.

EDIT: In summary, WoW had much better dungeons, if you're looking at their raids or some of their more challenging heroics (other than Oculus, which was hard because everyone hated it).

CoH had better "regular" dungeons. Instead of doing RFC a bajillion times as a lowbie, you never did quite the same instance twice. Though they did tend to be pretty similar, all told.

Just what we need, another open-ended super hero game... The first four months of this game will probably be "Disconnect Online". City of Heroes and Villains had -the- worst replayabilty of any MMO I've ever played. And I've played a lot of them, stemming back to 97 with Ultima Online.

I haven't even looked at this game, but I've seen a lot of super hero games come and go for MMOs over the years(free and pay), and none of them have been worth playing. For the record, City of Heroes probably would have been better if the big comic companies hadn't smashed their project with the copyright infringement hammer.

So needless to say, I'm not really that excited for this. It's not going to put a dent in the WOW numbers... It might steal a few of the mindless people still playing Age of Conan or Warhammer though.

It never existed.

So um, okay? :confused:

Marvel Online was the most talked about MMO for a long time(It was supposed to kill World of Warcraft just like Age of Conan, Warhammer, InsertMMOHere)... The guy was right... It did fail horribly, so yes... the idea did exist, but it never got off the ground.

CoH won all their copy right inspired BS. The game never changed in response to Marvels suit.

Im not sure if anyone really cares if it "puts a dent in WoWs numbers."

But, if we are talking purely theoretical, then if anyone will soon...it'll be Bioware.

Cause Bioware is awesome and they have the keys to a beloved franchise.

Marvel Online was the most talked about MMO for a long time(It was supposed to kill World of Warcraft just like Age of Conan, Warhammer, InsertMMOHere)... The guy was right... It did fail horribly, so yes... the idea did exist, but it never got off the ground.

So he's worried DC Online will fail because Marvel Online didnt ever release?

When the thread is about DCs release date?

Thats like saying you are concerned Suh will suck in the pros because the Easter Bunny cant hold the point of attack. :rolleyes:

CoH won all their copy right inspired BS. The game never changed in response to Marvels suit.

Im not sure if anyone really cares if it "puts a dent in WoWs numbers."

But, if we are talking purely theoretical, then if anyone will soon...it'll be Bioware.

Cause Bioware is awesome and they have the keys to a beloved franchise.

Nothing will ever put a dent in World of Warcraft's numbers. And Bioware isn't going to put their money in an MMO anytime soon, not when they're still cashing in on console gaming.

And yes, people should care if an online game can put a dent in some of WOW's playerbase... Because the only way an MMO game is going to survive long-term with continued amazing gameplay is if they have more than 50,000-100,000 playing. The average playerbase for a popular MMO that ISN'T WOW are lucky to see a retained 100,000 playerbase. And even if that seems like a lot of money, it's not, especially to a BIG game company.

Thats like saying you are concerned Suh will suck in the pros because the Easter Bunny cant hold the point of attack.

You're the one that called him out and said that the game never existed, when it did. So don't try and redirect the topic and make it about something it isn't. My reply was only to point out that you were wrong in saying the game never existed. I'm sure Marvel still has all of the artwork they did for the game, and are probably waiting to see what goes on with DC.

Also, once again you're wrong. City of Heroes -did not- win all of their court battles with the comic companies. They won the right to continue producing the game, but had to remove all likenesses to Marvel superheroes from their game.

Thats like saying you are concerned Suh will suck in the pros because the Easter Bunny cant hold the point of attack. :rolleyes:

No Suh will be hampered by knee troubles like in college :p

No, what scares me about the game is the fact that the first trailer can out 2 years ago. We are just now getting a release date.

Also they have spent so much time making sure the game looks great, that I am afraid the gameplay will suck.

I just pointed out Marvel not releasing because we have all had release dates before that never came true.

Hopefully this does well and Marvel taps into it.

You're the one that called him out and said that the game never existed, when it did. So don't try and redirect the topic and make it about something it isn't. My reply was only to point out that you were wrong in saying the game never existed. I'm sure Marvel still has all of the artwork they did for the game, and are probably waiting to see what goes on with DC.

Also, once again you're wrong. City of Heroes -did not- win all of their court battles with the comic companies. They won the right to continue producing the game, but had to remove all likenesses to Marvel superheroes from their game.

There werent any likenesses to Marvel superheroes, except what players generated. And those were already policed. Nothing changed to make the game worse in any way.

And Bioware/EA has sunk money to SW:TOR. Even their silly trailer last year was a major expenditure. Tack on "largest voice acting project in the history of man"...yeah, they are throwing money at it.

No Suh will be hampered by knee troubles like in college :p

No, what scares me about the game is the fact that the first trailer can out 2 years ago. We are just now getting a release date.

Also they have spent so much time making sure the game looks great, that I am afraid the gameplay will suck.

I just pointed out Marvel not releasing because we have all had release dates before that never came true.

Hopefully this does well and Marvel taps into it.

Agreed, I hope the game does well. I'm a big comic fan, and would love to play a created hero in a world full of real super heroes. But if the gameplay sucks, or the graphics are too much for standard systems to handle, it's going to be a superfail game. Walmart will be selling it for $10 just to get it off the shelves to make way for some stupid Popcap Games release.

Archived