Newbie questions about TEW and Wrespi

Guest [Icy]

Hi, the release of wrespi demo has caught my atention as i see it like an ITP but for wrestling. I have been reading most of the threads about Wrespi and i think it can be funny (need to play the demo first of course). This Wrespi read also made me read about last year TEW and i find it also interesting. I'm also a text sims addict and own most of them for both sports i knew before like soccer (i'm Spanish, here soccer is "The sport") and for new ones i had to learn to play and now i enjoy watching like hockey, baseball, etc. About TEW and Wrespi, how fun do you guys think they can be for a guy that doesn't know a lot about wrestling? i watched it in Spain like 10 years ago, with Hulk Hogan career end, Ultimate Warrior being the champion etc. It was fun to watch, but at same time i felt it like a circus spectacle as the fights and outcome were planned beforeand not really fought. Since then, i haven't ever watched wrestling as it doesn't have a lot of coverage now in Spain after that boom years. From TEW i like the fact that it looks a bussines manager game apart from being about wrestling. From Wrespi i like that it's like a sport ROL game where you can develop your player etc. How "humans" can you feel the other wrestlers in both games? how deep is TEW as bussines sim? What can i do with both TEW and Wrespi integration? like creating a world in TEw and then play as the wrestler side in that world exported to Wrespi. I have played old boxing sims like world boxing sim or something like that where i managed a stable of figthers to fight for the title, is TEW like that or more focused on your own fed bussines? Please coment both games fro me and the strong/weak points of both games, i'm tempted to buy both today (wrespi tomorrow) after i play the demos. Thanks in advance.

Hi Icy (es bueno verte por aqui tío :p ) I´ve been playing TEW since it was released (I´ve played EWR before). Adam´s games are very deep and accurated. He left little to the random factor, so you have to understand well the games to play properly. I´ve enjoyed TEW a lot, even is a hard game. (I will begun another TEW dinasty with the original data) I surely will enjoy WreSpi. But you have to understand a little the wrestling industry. For me there are very good sims. Some questions, not for you Icy, but for Adam :D 1- Will the atributes of WreSpi be the standard for futures releases? For example if there is TEW 2005 will have the attributes of WreSPi or TEW? 2-Will be an updated of Cornellverse for TEW? With the industry as is in WreSpi For Icy (lo malo es que no están los comentarios de Héctor del Mar, con los Sacamantecas, las sentadillas, )

I suggest finding and downloading a copy of EWR (Extreme Warfare Revenge), it'll allow you to get used to the general way a wrestling sim like these play out (and it's a dang fine game in and of itself ;)) and because it's a smaller download than either TEW or Wrespi, so you won't have to worry about waiting through a massive download of something you might not end up liking. Using the default data in TEW/Wrespi, you'll not have to worry about not having current knowledge of wrestling, as it's a world that Adam created and you can learn all you need to know from reading the bios of the various wrestlers and promotions, and you can learn how to "work" a match in Wrespi from playing and trying things out (heck, in Rookie to Legend mode, it's practically expected that you do that, your character is a "rookie" after all). If you have an interest in wrestling, you could find all sorts of interesting things out about the current way things are in wrestling through these two games (you should note however, that in Wrespi, the matches are more like shoot fighting than an actual professional wrestling match where the outcome is already planned). As for wrestling in general, check out Ring of Honor if you feel your current options are too circus-like. :)

[QUOTE='[Icy]'](i'm Spanish, here soccer is "The sport")[/QUOTE] Really? I thought your sport was Diving? (Ok, so that was off-topic, but meh :p) If you haven't watched wrestling since 1994, you're probably going to find it a lot different! The independant promotions have move A LOT more towards the 'realistic sport' side of Wrestling (I HIGHLY suggest you find some Ring of Honor DVD's). The WWF are now called the WWE (after a dispute with the wildlife fund WWF), and they've become even more Sports Entertainment (which is the term we use to describe the more "circus show" feel, with storylines and cartoonish characters). But yeah, you'll probably find it a lot different. If you want to get up to speed with the current state of wrestling, there are three DVD's that I HIGHLY suggest you get: 1, Hard Knocks - The Chris Benoit Story 2, Cheating Death, Stealing Life - The Eddie Guerrero Story 3, Anything from Ring of Honor or IWA: Mid South. That'll bring you pretty much up to date with what's happened in American wrestling since you watched it. There is, however, also a strong wrestling industry in Japan. If you want realism, it's all in Japan. Most of the best workers go to Japan (as you'll see in the Benoit and Guerrero DVD's), and that's still where most of the best wrestling is considered to be. There's also the Mexican lucha libre, which is different again (there's one Lucha match on the Guerrero DVD if you're interested, featuring my favourite worker of all time, Love Machine, who sadly died in 1994 :() By the way, Hogan's career definately didn't end in 1994! He left for WWF's rival company, WCW in 1994, but his career didn't end. He went on to joing the New World Order (basically a group of badass bad guys that tried to take over World Championship Wrestling). Then he returned to the WWF in 2002, stayed there until 2003, then left again. He's still around now, but I'm not sure what he's doing (he worked a few Japan shows, and was rumoured to be working for TNA). So yeah, for the most part, wrestling now is totally different to wrestling back then. It's much more baseds on realistic wrestling (of course, there are still some wrestlers who are crap, so still don't make it look very real, but that's just because they suck!) TEW is like a soccer management sim, but for wrestling. You book cards (which means you decide who fights who in a show), turn wrestlers heel (bad guy) and babyface (good guy), put them into feuds (rivalries), etc. Just like Vince does (badly ¬_¬). It's an evolution of Extreme Warfare Revenge, which was a simple, less deep freeware game by the same creator. WreSpi is a game in which you control a single wrestler and take him through his career, aiming to get to the top of the wrestling world, and stay there. We've only played a one month demo, but so far it's great! (That's only a matter of opinion though, obviously). In short, both games are definately worth the money. Welcome back to the greatest industry around!

Archived