How are you running your dynasties & some info on mine

I haven't really put any house rules in yet, i'm still learning the game (so i also went easy route on couch ratings)... I'm at work just going from memory..

But, I have 2 dynasties that are pretty different.

1) I started a new coach with 100 in all 4 and this is my coaching career dynasty

2) Started a new coach with 100 in all 4 but will not change teams unless fired.

Before starting both dynasties, I simmed from 1961 to 2010. Both dynasties had Florida Atlantic give me an offer, so thats who i took over. Slightly higher in both leagues. In league 2 FAU gives me a chance to maybe go to SEC or ACC one day and I leave right near them.

1) league one my couch is now a 14 year veteran.

It is 2024.

7 Seasons @ Florida Atlantic (5 Sun Belt Tourney Titles, 6 NCAA Appearances , Best finish was a loss in the Sweet 16)

2 Seasons @ Virginia - I wanted into the ACC but Virginia proved too dominated for me going against Duke, Maryland, etc. I was 15-16 and 16-15 in 2 seasons. 1 1st round NCAA appearance.

3 Seasons @ Missouri - Somehow Missouri liked what they saw in my 16-15 Cavaliers and hired me away. Huge boost in prestige, i think they were 84 prestige when i got this offer.

2 Seasons @ Maryland - Well my goal was to eventually make a splash in the ACC, and now i have the chance. Off some NICE recruiting classes and 2 final 4 appearances @ Missouri, 99 prestige Maryland offered me a contract and i took it. As long as I don't get fired, i imagine I will be coaching Maryland for a while... at least 10 seasons. made the elite 8 in year 1, and with my AD demanding a title I have started 10-0 in pre-ACC season and ranked #2 in the country.

League 2:

Nothing really exceptional in this. Basically i am trying to build Florida Atlantic (FAU) into a dynasty. After 5 seasons I've won 4 Sun Belt titles, 4 ncaa appearances, 1 nit appearance, and have not made it to the sweet 16 yet.

I am about 50 years (+ or -) into my dynasty. I started off with a rookie coach at a low prestige school and worked my way up. Decided to retire him 40-some odd years in and created a new coach based on one of my last graduating players that didn't get drafted. He started as a rookie coach also and worked his way up.

say you start with a head coach and only start with 100 points to distribute.. do you "level up" while playing and get more points to add?

yes you do. ive not gone far enough with my coach in this game, but i know from the previous FBCB that when you "level up" you get more points to allocate into offense, defence, scouting and recruiting.

i started my dynasty and created my coach age appropriate in 1985, the year 64 teams entered the tournament. i made my coach 10 years old with 100 points spread out. so when i took over a team (Monmouth) in 2010 my coach was aged 35 with still his original 100 points allocated. i fast simmed the 25 years in one night but once i take over a team i coach out each game and spend time recruiting. as of now im 2-3 with Monmouth.

i would post a dynasty here or over at the FBCB forums, but i dont really see that much action at either place for the game and that is disheartening because the engine of this game is stupid good. i really enjoy reading the stories people come up with and i wish this game would get more publicity because it deserves it.

good luck with your games!

Yes. I'm not exactly sure when you get more points, but it appears to be about every 5 years (when you're actually coaching, not when you are unemployed and fast simming). I simmed ahead 10 years and didn't get any points. I've been actively coaching now for 11 and twice I've received 20 bonus points to allocate.

Yes. I'm not exactly sure when you get more points, but it appears to be about every 5 years (when you're actually coaching, not when you are unemployed and fast simming). I simmed ahead 10 years and didn't get any points. I've been actively coaching now for 11 and twice I've received 20 bonus points to allocate.

Thanks for the info. Trying to decide what I am going to start with in my next dynasty.

I started my coaching career at level 7 with 240 points to spend.

For my first job I went to Niagara (59 prestige). Things did not go very well at all. I struggled with recruiting and was never able to field a really great team. Season 8 was supposed to be when I turned things around, unfortunately a couple weeks into the season I lost my superstar senior PG to a season-ending injury. It ruined that season, but the good news was because it was still early so I was able to redshirt him and bring him back the following year.

At this point my hot seat was very hot because I had been failing to win the conference. With my star pg back I had my best season yet, going 27-10 and winning the 3BI. I thought this would be enough to save my job since we failed to win the conference championship again, but it was not. I was fired at the end of the season. :(

My career at Niagara:

161-130

2 20 win seasons

0 conference championships

0 FBCA appearances

0 FBIT appearances

1 3BI appearance

3 4IT appearances

2017 3BI champions

2011 GDS Classic champions

1 1st round draft pick

Heartbroken, I began my search for a new job. Luck was on my side as I was offered a job at Utah (prestige 71), a perennial FBCA team. Their previous coach took a better job at Ohio State, and my final season where I won the 3BI must have been enough to convince Utah I could take over their team. I accepted, and now I begin a new chapter in my career.

By the way, the only time I leveled up was after season 9 when I won the 3BI.

You level up based on reaching certain achievement goals and I believe it's tied to your current level.

For example, if you're level 0 and make the NCAA Tournament or win Conference Coach of the Year, you go up a level, etc.

Archived