Seriously, out of five or so games I've played now I have never once seen Julio "The Spanish GSP" Regueiro lose. Even when I brought him over to Alpha for a super fight he embarrassed da Guia in 1 round with a sub. The longest I've ever played a game was 5-6 years so I've never had him go over the hill but still, the guy is a beast and has never lost in any of my games.

Anyone see him lose before? Preferably in his prime?

I had a 37 year old (who is just approaching the end of his prime, good genes) Gabriel Gallego knock him out to end his dreams of a second title reign.

He'd held the title to 2004 but then I screwed up in negotiations and he went to ALPHA-1 and won their title. Two years later I got him back but instead of taking the title from Gallego he got kneed to death in the fourth. It ruled.

I have seen him lose to guys he should beat. For the most part he is dominant but for my money Li-Kong Ho is more of a beast than Julio and Fezzik.

Ho just never seems to be a monster in my games. He tools most of his opponents, only to lose to the top guys. In my current game for example, he's 27-3. He's lost to Valentino by 1st and 5th round submissions, dropped a unanimous decision to Bohlin and scraped an absolute robbery of a split decision win over Ziskie. I've had nim KO'd by Ash and submitted by Ziskie in other games too.

As for Julio...

In my current game (2007) he went 28-0-1. He then lost to da Guia (TKO, 1st round), beat Robert Monson (submission, 1st round), lost to Ikku Funaki (TKO, 3rd round) and beat Eli Harris (TKO, 3rd round).

It's the first time I can ever recall him losing in a game.

Julio is good for me but not great.

Of course he starts the game as champion, due to there being no challengers i held a tournament, him, Darin Blood, Charles Humphreys and Charles Stiles. Regueiro won, so then i sent Buddy Garner down to face him, Garner won and went on a run of dominance. Julio bounced back with wins over Doug Hansen & Carlos Da Guia, both first round submissions. He then got his rematch for the title and was made to tap out by Garner. I gave him a fight with Joe Hinchcliff to get him back on track but then he lost a #1 contenders fight to Kafa Bunya, he has bounced back with two more wins but at 36 i cant see him unseating Bunya as champion.

Something funny is that in my game no-one is undefeated anymore who has had more than 10 fights...everyone has been beaten at some point in their career.

Something funny is that in my game no-one is undefeated anymore who has had more than 10 fights...everyone has been beaten at some point in their career.

That happened to me, so I just started a new game. It was boring.

Archived