Multiplayer (non-diary) Game

I've been thinking about posting about starting a multiplayer game for quite some time but keep forgetting... well, I've just been more interested in my game that's almost in 2021. Things are starting to get a little dull after 10+ years but I'll never fully abandon it.

I would prefer it to be two or three people to keep it simple. I'd really love to do a CVerse game but a real world mod wouldn't be bad. It would needs to be a "good" mod though.

With that being said I'd love to do USPW vs SWF vs TCW. I think a fantasy draft would be awesome. We take all the workers from all three rosters and we figure out a time when all of us can do the draft. I really think this would be the coolest way to do it.

All three promotions should be on the same level (Cult) but have one area where they are way more popular than anywhere else - New England (SWF), South West (TCW), and South East (USPW). All three promotions would have the same popularity throughout the rest of the country. Everyone would start with an A-show (on the same night) and the same PPV providers. I guess it would be a race to National. The playing field would be completely even (promotion prestige the same and momentum set to random).

Sending the save game between email could be the easiest but I have a lot of web space and could give out usernames and passwords to log on via FTP. All of that could be discussed in the future though.

Anyone interested?

I'm down for a C Verse game if you are. I love doing multis haven't seen a lot of them for 10 yet. What about a 97 C verse game?

I consider this a brilliant idea because I've been wanting to start a CV97 game and the scenario I posted would be perfect using that data.

What abooooooout..... 77?

CV77 would be cool. If we kept the three promotions at Cult we wouldn't need to do a fantasy draft and could keep the rosters completely blank. It would be a race to steal from all the Small and Regional promotions. :p

Just as a tip, may I suggest that each promotion be allowed a certain number of workers to be assigned exclusive contracts, while the rest are PPA. This opens up the game, by allowing different people to use the same worker in different ways, while still allowing each promotion to build its own identity, around their own unique top stars.

Just as a tip, may I suggest that each promotion be allowed a certain number of workers to be assigned exclusive contracts, while the rest are PPA. This opens up the game, by allowing different people to use the same worker in different ways, while still allowing each promotion to build its own identity, around their own unique top stars.

Definitely. I'm not sure how many people would be under written deals, but each promotion would need a few popular workers - like how USPW starts with Enygma and Bruce.

77 would be ok and I'd be willing to give it a go. Although if we do aren't there only two American cult promotions or just one? So wouldn't we be doing regionals unless one guy was SWF, one guy was CWF etc.

Anyway whatever you guys come up with I'm down for. 97, 77, default, cult, regional, national, whatever put that on the chedda....and now my rhyming is done for the night sleep tight.....I'm really done now I swear.

I'm open to anything. I think CV97 or default would be the best for two or three people. Running the regional promotions in CV77 would be really fun, but it'd also mostly be simulation and take forever just to get to a show. At least using CV97 or default we could have a TV show war on the same night and PPVs.

I'm open to anything. I think CV97 or default would be the best for two or three people. Running the regional promotions in CV77 would be really fun, but it'd also mostly be simulation and take forever just to get to a show. At least using CV97 or default we could have a TV show war on the same night and PPVs.

Actually, if I ever did a multiplayer game with 77 it would either be one of three things:

1. Any number of players using the Regional sized American territory companies (CPW, APWF, AAFW, TWL, CWB)

2. The three big Japanese companies

3. AICW and CICW

That said... I may be up for this crazy draft idea in 97. Never played a multiplayer game before, been meaning to try it out.

Actually, if I ever did a multiplayer game with 77 it would either be one of three things:

1. Any number of players using the Regional sized American territory companies (CPW, APWF, AAFW, TWL, CWB)

2. The three big Japanese companies

3. AICW and CICW

That said... I may be up for this crazy draft idea in 97. Never played a multiplayer game before, been meaning to try it out.

The last time I did multiplayer was in '05 and it was with two other people. Both of them had played EWR, but TEW sort of confused them so it only went on for a month. It was really fun while it lasted though. The biggest thing is just to just get your turn done, zip it and send it on its way. The problem is when it may be someones turn to do something small and everyone else is waiting for them to email it. Multiplayer games can be compared to diary games in that they have a lot of wait time. Which is why I wouldn't even want to attempt a diary out of this because it would literally take forever.

I'm down for the draft in CV97. We just need to figure out which person is going to set the data up after and get the game started. If Stennick and you both want to do that then I guess we have our three! :D

(Not trying to exclude anybody interested but three was the original plan and they replied first... )

Oh...I see how it is :(

I know I was 4th man in, just felt the need to post like a child.

I have nothing against having four people. I'd welcome the idea as long as everyone can make sure to get their turn down when they have the save game. Three people was my original idea because it would be easier to keep track of and go smoother / faster.

I think what I'll do (if you guys agree on CV97 with a draft) is setup one big list with all three rosters. I'll break it down into main eventers, upper-midcard, midcard, announcers, referees, etc. We could probably use random.org to determine the order for the draft so that it would be fair. Pretty pumped for this. :cool:

Since the threads been started I guess I'll just add on. I'd be happy to play a C-Verse of any era game with some one. I prefer just one person cause even non-dairy games get lost once you start going past one on one.

I'd be willing to play with you. As I'm just starting to interest in my last game.

So, 97... which companies do we have to choose from then?

Stennick and I have agreed on doing the East Coast Wars - DAVE, PPPW, and RPW without a draft. I've sent you a few PMs with details. We really just need to figure out limitations on our user characters and what promotion we each want. Those three promotions are the most equal to start with and we would only need to edit a few things.

Archived