Need help modifying CV'97. Getting Rid Of HGC.

I have decided to edit the CV 97 database so that HGC were never formed. I want to do this because then i have aa reason to give a new promotion that i am going to run a lot of money, J.K Stallings as the owner, and so i dont just completely repeat a game i am currently playing with the mod.

Looking through the bio's some people are easy to change to be where they would be if HGC never formed, like Mr Lucha who would just be working for MPWF, The Demons of Rage in GCG. But i am unsure what to do with the rest of the roster, obviously BLZ Bubb would be less over but who would he be working for, etc.

I have sorted out what to do with some of the roster but these people i need help with :

Charlie Thatcher

Coach Pangrazzio

Dustry Streets (Probably SWF)

Giant Redwood

Jason Azaria

Java

The Blazin Flames

Karen Killer

Kyle Rhodes

Liberty

Monty Walker

Paul Steadyfast

Romeo Heartthrob

Sam Sparrow

Tribal Warrior

What would you guys do with these guys, all ive been able to come up with is leave them unemployed and see what the game does with them.

Also what size should i set GCG to, as they are getting some good talent back, The Demons of Rage & Rip Chord. And it seems they were downsized due to losing talent.

Charlie Thatcher

Coach Pangrazzio

Dustry Streets (Probably SWF i agree)

Giant Redwood(ends up trolling around NYCW)

Jason Azaria

Java(japan)

The Blazin Flames

Karen Killer

Kyle Rhodes

Liberty(SWF)

Monty Walker

Paul Steadyfast

Romeo Heartthrob

Sam Sparrow

Tribal Warrior(japan)

Charlie Thatcher

Coach Pangrazzio

Dustry Streets (Probably SWF i agree)

Giant Redwood(ends up trolling around NYCW)

Jason Azaria

Java(japan)

The Blazin Flames

Karen Killer

Kyle Rhodes

Liberty(SWF)

Monty Walker

Paul Steadyfast

Romeo Heartthrob

Sam Sparrow

Tribal Warrior(japan)

Cheers, i realised after i posted that Java and Warrior already had deals with BHOTWG, Dusty Streets i put in SWF. Will probably do what you said with Redwood and Liberty.

I'd go with something like...

Charlie Thatcher - Unemployed

Coach Pangrazzio - Perhaps CGC

Dusty Streets - I'd go with unemployed, he's a big name but he's had time with SWF and it's too late for him to do much more

Giant Redwood - Lurking in a forest somewhere :p

Jason Azaria - One of the East Coast promotions

Java - Touring Japan

The Blazin Flames - Unemployed, their choice

Karen Killer - Seems like CGC would be a good choice

Kyle Rhodes - Somewhere on the East Coast... perhaps PPPW

Liberty - Outside chance he'd be with AMW since much of his early career was in Texas

Monty Walker - CZCW would be a perfect fit for him

Paul Steadyfast - Would fit well with NYCW

Romeo Heartthrob - CGC or unemployed

Sam Sparrow - perhaps CZCW but who knows

Tribal Warrior - Touring Japan

I'd go with something like...

Charlie Thatcher - Unemployed

Coach Pangrazzio - Perhaps CGC

Dusty Streets - I'd go with unemployed, he's a big name but he's had time with SWF and it's too late for him to do much more

Giant Redwood - Lurking in a forest somewhere :p

Jason Azaria - One of the East Coast promotions

Java - Touring Japan

The Blazin Flames - Unemployed, their choice

Karen Killer - Seems like CGC would be a good choice

Kyle Rhodes - Somewhere on the East Coast... perhaps PPPW

Liberty - Outside chance he'd be with AMW since much of his early career was in Texas

Monty Walker - CZCW would be a perfect fit for him

Paul Steadyfast - Would fit well with NYCW

Romeo Heartthrob - CGC or unemployed

Sam Sparrow - perhaps CZCW but who knows

Tribal Warrior - Touring Japan

Cheers Derek, will go about making all those changes tonight. Will probably put Redwood in SWF just for a laugh.

If you really want to have some fun, have Rip Chord go 'on hiatus' have him tucked away in a Mexican Rehab Facility, 3 months into the game have him return, having conquered his battles with the bottle and see where he ends up.

Agreed, unless they didn't jump on him straight off.

Japan has a nice ring to it though.

I'm pretty sure they would, though. He's talented and over, so unless there is some notable reason for Supreme not to grab him (negative relationship, etc), then predatory hiring means they would. It would be like if RDJ was a free agent at the start of a 2010 game - SWF would snap him up in a hurry.

I'm pretty sure they would, though. He's talented and over, so unless there is some notable reason for Supreme not to grab him (negative relationship, etc), then predatory hiring means they would. It would be like if RDJ was a free agent at the start of a 2010 game - SWF would snap him up in a hurry.

It's rare but I have seen SWF lose a few bidding wars.

I put Rip Chord in GCG on a p.p.a and within two weeks he was headed to SWF. They also signed Dread, who was also in GCG. I think i may have to make GCG cult and give Chord and Dread written deals.

I put Rip Chord in GCG on a p.p.a and within two weeks he was headed to SWF. They also signed Dread, who was also in GCG. I think i may have to make GCG cult and give Chord and Dread written deals.

I would have Dread and Rip set on a touring contracts... that'll guarantee them with GCG for a couple of months and might even mean that they'll stay in Japan for a while when BHOTWG and PGHW get on with starting their own tours. GCG might even re-sign them.

But yeah, I'd also bump GCG up a fair bit in popularity and momentum. If they don't lose those big names then they've only suffered the losses to PGHW... so GCG should probably be low level cult just now. Might be tough for them to keep afloat but it's worth it for them I think. :)

Archived