WWE Question

mistaken

Punks SES is a ongoing storyline right now. His storyline with rey is why punk is now in a mask...he got his head shaved. For weeks he would shave the head of "followers" to dedicate themselfs to the straight edge life style. And it was reys mask vs punks hair. Punk has alot of heat right now.

I know there are many more storylines but that is the one i really enjoy following.

A by the way SES is straight edge socioty.

Not to be a jerk or anything but why couldn't this go in the WWE discussion?

because I can never find anything once I post in that massive confusion of a thread.

The "official" threads, have bassically kept me out of the dog pound for months now. :eek:

In no particular order:

The next PPV is Fatal 4 Way, where all title matches will be just that (may just be World title matches). The WWE (Raw) belt will be defended by John Cena against Sheamus, Edge and Randy Orton. The World (SD) belt will be defended by Jack Swagger against Undertaker, Big Show and CM Punk (I think it's Punk. He beat Kane last week iirc)

Show and Swagger have been going at it since Show was drafted to SD. Swagger lost by DQ at Over the Limit. Cena beat Batista at that show, but was attacked by Sheamus afterwards. Meanwhile, Edge fought Orton to a double countout after Orton got legit injured (maybe, could be a fake injury, but Orton is kinda maade of glass).

The tag titles are with the Hart Dynasty after they turned face and allied with Bret Hart (new Raw GM) at WM26. They've been beaten down by the new Samoan team (Ouso brothers or similar, managed by Jimmy Snuka's daughter) and will likely fight at F4W.

Ted DiBiase has brought Virgil back to the WWE. Really. This is the best thing ever, and has led to some wonderful stuff with R-Truth after Truth turned down the chance to be the new Virgil. Truth is the new US champion after Bret Hart beat Miz for the belt, and vacated it (almost as odd as it sounds). DiBiase has also brought back the Million Dollar Belt.

Kofi Kingston is the new IC champion after beating Drew Macintyre at Over The Limit. Drew is running a 'chosen one' gimmick where he uses his sway with Mr McMahon to overturn Teddy Long's decisions or force him to follow his wishes. Most recently, he avoided being fired for beating Matt Hardy senseless, and then had Hardy suspended when he retaliated.

Michelle McCool and Layla are the co-Women's champions, after beating Beth Phoenix in a handicap match. Beth is injured, Mickie James and Maria have been released, and there's not much in the way of opposition for Team LayCool besides Tiffany and Kelly Kelly. They also have Vickie Guerrero (SD exec consultant or something - basically co-GM) on their side, and she favours them when making decisions.

Eve Torres is the current Divas champion, having beaten Maryse. No-one cares, as none of the face Divas have had any character development since around the time Trish Stratus retired.

Dolph Ziggler is beating up Hornswoggle as part of a feud with Christian after C&H offended Vickie. Chavo is, once again, loing to Hornswoggle - but you may have missed their endless 'feud' last year, where Raw guest GMs would come up with gimmick matches for Chavo to lose to the leprechaun.

Zack Ryder is trying to impress on Raw. He seemed to have found an ally in Alicia Fox, but she turned on him this week (after two weeks) to earn a bounty put on his head by guest GM Ashton Kutcher. Remember kids, you can't trust women...

Evan Bourne seems to possibly be going places. He teamed with Cena in the main event of Raw to beat Edge and Sheamus, and picked up the pin (although Cena treated him a bit like a mascot either side of the match).

With Undertaker falling apart more with every passing day, Cena in desperate need of time out of the spotlight, Edge and Orton injury prone, HHH on extended leave to film a movie and Shawn Michaels retired, WWE seem to be trying to build some new stars. Miz and Swagger have impressed (although Swagger's World title win came from nowhere after winning MITB at Wrestlemnania with zero build-up).

Kofi was hugely over six months ago during a great feud with Orton, but got hammered in the deciding matches and lost a lot of momentum. He still gets big responses from the crowd, and seems likely to feature more in the coming months.

Christian is always there or thereabouts (as is Matt Hardy, but I've begun to develop a possibly irrational dislike of Hardy) but seems destined never to break the glass ceiling. Shame, as Edge and Christian had a tremendous match on Raw a few weeks ago, and a real feud between the two with a proper build, and maybe even a title on the line... would be amazing.

Incidentally, WWE are building to a MITB PPV. It seems ideal for workers like Punk, Christian, Kofi, Bourne and John Morrison to feature prominently.

The official threads don't move that fast. They (usually) go at around a page, maybe a page and a half, a day. If you make even the barest effort to keep up, it's not hard. It really isn't. I only check them once a day, in the morning, and remain a reasonably regular contributor.

The official threads don't move that fast. They (usually) go at around a page, maybe a page and a half, a day. If you make even the barest effort to keep up, it's not hard. It really isn't. I only check them once a day, in the morning, and remain a reasonably regular contributor.

how about if you don't chech in for 2 weeks, and you want to make a comment on one topic. well that topic has been dead for say 3 weeks. when they were threads, you popped back 3 weeks and made your comment. then every one else who did not catch that topic quick caught up on the 8 comments in the thread and discussion continued. Not how a giant never ending thread works. I don't want to have to 'keep up'.

I have not complained about it, I simply stay out of the Dog Pound, as that is how things are being done up here now. :p

I don't miss many days as such. But I can certainly sympathetize. I'm not really a big fan of the official threads either. Sometimes you get a good debate going you don't necessarily want to see mixed in with tangentially related stuff. Or there may be three spearate discussions going at once and it can be tricky separating them because of all being the same thread. I go along with them to get along. But I can't say I wouldn't prefer them to die off and have all the "clutter" back instead.

Archived