'ViperVerse' Fantasy mod in the making!!!!!!!!

I am creating a fully original mod based on totally original characters / federations etc. I would like peoples inputs for ideas to add into it. Anything will be welcomed but i would love to hear some worker name suggestions and federation suggestions if possible?

Well this should be good I love try fantasy mods. Too bad this is the only 3rd one announced. Well I guess I'll say good luck on this I hope you can get this in as a beta soon.

PS: Do you need someone to do testing? I can help you with that and if you know of a free render maker then tell me what it is and I can help with renders as well, I don't think there is one though.

Good luck! Do you have pictures for workers and logos for promotions?

As for a suggestion... make sure you work on 1 whole promotion at a time. Its roster, and titles. EVERYTHING before moving onto another promotion.

I would save title histories for last though.

Not to be an *******, but if you can't come up with unique promotions / workers, then making an universe is not for you. And btw, good luck, I am slooooowly making mine ;)

I can think of it all just thought it would be good to get some peoples input on the mod. Kind of a mod 'For the people, by the people!'

And i dont have worker pictures yet, was thinkin just generic wrestler pics unless anyone has any better ideas? How does Adam Ryland do the Default ones in the game?

I can think of it all just thought it would be good to get some peoples input on the mod. Kind of a mod 'For the people, by the people!'

This has been done a few times before. The GDS-verse. I think Kobe's got one on the go. That's not to say there isn't room for another, but you really need a solid backbone of ideas of your own to get you started. Community input is the gravy, but you've got to provide the meat and potatoes yourself.

And i dont have worker pictures yet, was thinkin just generic wrestler pics unless anyone has any better ideas? How does Adam Ryland do the Default ones in the game?

As funkyzafara says, they're made by various members of the community, mostly using Poser or Daz3D. From what I gather, they're posted on the board in various threads (Render Thread, C-Verse Re-Render Thread) and Adam cherry-picks whatever he likes from whichever artists he has permission from. Worker pics are tricky business, as there aren't that many folks making them, and each picture takes a lot of time and effort.

This has been done a few times before. The GDS-verse. I think Kobe's got one on the go. That's not to say there isn't room for another, but you really need a solid backbone of ideas of your own to get you started. Community input is the gravy, but you've got to provide the meat and potatoes yourself.

I like to think if you find someone good enough they can supply a second helping.

-joke part} I'm a big eater. LOL

so do you guys know any free render programs?

Self already mentioned Poser and DAZ3D, the ones most members of this forum use. However, I think you should start with the original pic pack of Cverse rather than creating your own renders; 1. it takes time to learn rendering, 2. it takes time away from creating an universe when you render and 3. it costs money, LOTS of it if you want your guys to look unique.

I have a quiet moment so I thought I'd just add this:

1) Don't use the CV pack. Because when you release a lot of people will be resistant to seeing their fav rendered as other characters

2) If you can, look at different pic generating programs. HeroMachine (thatd be my choice) or maybe even a CAW deal on SD vs RAW.

3) Finally...getting contributions is a great idea. But like Self said, come up with a basic backstory or overall concept for your "universe". It will help the contributors. (Yknow...change it up like America is where masked wrestling got big or have tag team wrestling as the big prestige part of the card or have Japan the home of the majpor global wrestling companies).

Hope it helps. And good luck with this.

1) Don't use the CV pack. Because when you release a lot of people will be resistant to seeing their fav rendered as other characters

Wow.. I must say that must be very stupid to think like that.. They have the creativity and imagination to imagine that those wrestlers are wrestling for real, but they can only imagine their picture in one universe? If something, I'd suggest to use the pictures in different roles; like use the top guys renders as lower guys renders etc.

But I must say, it is always refreshing to see a different picture pack as well :)

I've helped with several mod releases and it's true.

Are you really surprised? Have you not noticed the folks who complain that two renders are 'the same' (Jeff Nove/Jeremy Stone) or when an alt of one character is used by Adam to create another character entirely?

The visual component is a big deal. IMO if you want to do a totally original universe do a different pic pack. Even random pics of unknown comic book characters would work.

Wow.. I must say that must be very stupid to think like that..

Actually, it's a standard part of human mental processing. Visual stimuli turn up a cross-reference automatically, subconsciously; it's discarding that stimulus that is a conscious act.

Which is why, for example, you'll still run across the occasional comment on Barney in How I Met Your Mother that refers to the actor as Doogie Howser. Yes, you can absolutely use the Sean McFly picture for another guy. At the same time, your brain is still cross-referencing all the associations you have with McFly in the background. If the image is given to someone who sucks, this can actively lead to cognitive dissonance.

Which is not about IQ of the individual but about the brain's wiring.

2) If you can, look at different pic generating programs. HeroMachine (thatd be my choice) or maybe even a CAW deal on SD vs RAW.

I like the Hero machine idea but it looks TOO cartoony. any other similar programs? I just want something where i can pick different elements and piece them together.

Archived