If you're "extremely happy", why leave!?

In my TNA RW Mod game, I'm having problems with Mick Foley. He's currently "extremely happy" when I go to the "talk to worker" page, but for some reason his contract is expiring and he refuses to negotiate. Every time I try and set something up, I see a news story on the TEW.com page saying Foley rejected my offer and he wants to leave the company once his contract expires...why? If you're extremely happy why would you randomly leave? I want Foley to stay :(

Any reason why this is happening?

Yep and the mod maker probably mistook popularity for overness as often happens and put him higher then B-.

It's a little unfair to blame this on the mod - it's in game, so Foley's overness could have changed greatly from the original database.

Probably going too deep into detail here but what is his personality? Mercenary types are more likely to want a change of scenery. I notice the OP didn't mention the reason WHY Foley is leaving (it always gives you a reason, unless it's a 'change of scenery' proposition). If TNA is 'not big enough', there's your answer. He's too popular for your size promotion. Being 'extremely happy' isn't going to keep a worker with A popularity in a Cult promotion (it would be horrifically exploitable if it did, after all).

^ I'm at national status so that can't be the problem, I'm guessing he has that personality trait that makes him want a change in scenery :(

Yeah, that has to do with how long he's been with the company (which is why the 'years with' part of the contract editor isn't just fluff). And National doesn't mean you're immune to the 'not big enough' phenomenon, just less likely to get it. An A* popularity person could still leave you (because people at that level of popularity tend to be in Global promotions, by and large). I have one real world game where Sara del Rey turned down negotiations because she was A* pop across most of the bigger wrestling areas (US, Canada, Mexico, Japan) and we were "only" National. Of course, after dropping the title to Melissa, she was more than willing to talk (since her overness took a steep dive).

That's what I suggest. Give him a few segments that leech his popularity (don't job him out, just put him in a few angles with non-over people and/or have him lose a match to someone with similar popularity. Even better if you have someone at that level with an opposing gimmick type (i.e. Legit/Realistic/Brute takes HUGE penalties when losing to Comedy or Gimmicky types) which should only take one loss to remedy).

Archived