Favorite storyline you've ran?

Guest codey

This was the first storyline I ran that I thought would be well received in a diary.

In my MAW game, I brought in Spencer Spade as Father Spencer, a crazy preacher character. He lost quite a bit at first, but then he recruited Ernest Youngman and Gargantuan(who had been teaming up for a while) to his cause renaming them Brother Youngman and The Beast. At this point he started having a bit of a turn around and started winning more, when he recruited The Bully Street Brawlers(Eddie Cornell and The Architect) and renamed them The Acolytes(I had forgot about the real life tag team at that point...).

With his church behind him, he entered the RCI and won with a little interference. As RCI winner, he earned the traditional title shot, and immediately set his sights on Freddy Huggins, saying that Huggins' partying and philandering ways were no way to represent a company. Huggins won the first match between them despite heavy interference, and Spencer demanded a rematch. Huggins agreed to the match, so long as it was in a steel cage. Spencer pulled out the win this time, and after the match, The Church handcuffed Huggins to the cage and beat him to a pulp to explain his departure from the company(Huggins had just signed with SWF).

Following this, Spencer began to a reign of terror for several months as he and The Church preyed on anyone they deemed to be "heretics." El Mitico Jr. was one such individual, viewed as a threat and rising star, targeted for posing as an idol to young men and hiding his true identity. The Beast was the first dispatched to handle Mitico, but he failed. Next up he entered in a long program with Ernest Youngman, who also failed to put him away. As The Acolytes had problems of their own with the tag division, Spencer thought it time to take matters into his own.

He lost the first match to Mitico, but due to a controversial DQ, the decision was reversed and Spencer won. Mitico went to Rip, who granted him a rematch in a street fight, which he won despite interference. Following this, Spencer went on a losing streak, and began blaming The Church for this. He was entered into a tournament to become the #1 contender, which he lost in the first round to American Patriot. Ernest Youngman, unknown to Spencer, had also been entered in the tournament, and went on to win. Spencer stopped appearing in matches, and began to show resentment toward Youngman in backstage segments.

Youngman and The Beast took several tag victories over Mitico and his ally, Joss Thompson, in the lead up to the championship bout, which fueled Spencer's jealousy. Youngman lost a close match, and Mitico granted him a rematch immediately after, sending Spencer into a rage. Spencer entered the ring to attack Youngman, but was sent reeling by Mitico. Spencer announced that Youngman had been excommunicated from the church, and would be punished as all heretics are, before storming off.

Spencer then went to Rip and asked to be inserted into the title match, which Rip okayed seeing the rivalry the three men shared. The Church would conduct several assaults on both Youngman and Mitico in the weeks leading up to the match, which Mitico won.

The storyline turned Youngman into one of my biggest stars, and started a rivalry between him and Spencer that I've been running off and on for years now.

Wow, that turned out to be quite a bit longer than I expected.

I think it went something like this in my SWF..

After reaching upper midcard status (somewhere between UP and ME in the game) Robbie Retro desperately needed to prove himself. So he layed a challenge for the respected veteran, Christian Faith. Faith accepts the challenge, saying that if Retro wins him, he has earned his respect. Steve Frehley - Faith's best friend and fellow face (on-screen) - is set to be the special referee. Faith asks him politely to referee the match cleanly. So the match is set, and after a gruelling battle Christian Faith's hand in raised after the match. Retro is not happy. He spits on Faith's face after the match when he tries to shake hands, and starts to rant about Faith (and Frehley), telling his victory was a fluke, and he wants a rematch with the same setting; after all, he thought Frehley did a decent job as the referee. Faith comes in and tells that just to shut Retro's mouth up, he's taking the challenge. And when they collide again, Faith is almost picking up the victory again, but Retro kicks out after getting slow counted (not a huge slow count) by Frehley. Frehley apologizes (during the match) and says he'll make his counts more consistent. Faith continues to beat Retro up, but suddenly gets attacked by the special referee himself. In a shocking moment, both Retro & Frehley beat the old man up, then Retro hits his finisher and Frehley counts the pin; Retro wins. In the next Supreme TV, Frehley tells his reasons, saying that Faith had cheated Retro, and that he is too old to compete in the SWF - the main level. He explains their plan that they had with Retro, but Faith interupts him. Coming up heavily bandaged and with crutches, Faith tells he despises Frehley for what he did, Faith had respect for him, but its all gone now. He challenges Frehley for a match Christmas Clash, which he accepts - at first. Faith says lets make it a steel cage, so that Frehleys acolytes don't interupt, but then gets attacked behind by Retro. Frehley runs the ramp up, but in the same moment the veteran had gained an upperhand; he ended up beating 'em both and standing tall.

After this, I accidentally deleted my save. I am not EXACTLY sure what was going to happen after this, but there was definitely going to be an epic few matches, with the Christmas Clash cage going to Frehley with Retro's assistance. Then maybe Frehley would have won one and ended the series or Faith and Frehley would have won it 2 - 1. After this feud, Frehley was set to win the SWF World title. So yes, I can't understand how people find Frehley boring. To me, he is like John Cena.

In my XWA diary I had a nearly year long storyline that I regretfully never finished.

Jeremy Stone was my first champion and a couple months later Dan Stone Jr. joined my fed. Jeremy eventually dropped the title to Angel of Death (BLZ Bubb). During that feud Angel had destroyed Stone protege Yoshii Shiomi. Following that angle and the title loss, Jeremy began acting increasingly flaky. I'm doing this off the top of my head without going back and reading but I had a War Games match between the factions and Dan Stone Jr. picked up the win, there was also a contenders match that Enygma ended up winning that also showed Jeremy becoming more and more frustrated and obsessed with getting his title back.

This lead to my December event where I had a Royal Rumble match to determine who would face Angel of Death for the title at my "Wrestlemania." Jeremy Stone was one of the first men in, Dan was a later draw. Jeremy made it all the way to the end before getting eliminated then watched as his brother won the match. The following month they teamed up to defeat Angel's henchmen Darkness Warrior and Purple Haze.

This was all to lead to my biggest annual event "Xtravaganza" where Dan would defeat Angel of Death for the title and Jeremy would end Angry Gilmore's year long run as United States champ. The brothers would then team up the following month at my Henson style Tag Tournament, that the previous year had determined my first champions. They would of course win it would would lead to the celebration...

The plan was for the brothers to be presented with the trophy and their respective belts. During the celebration Dan would hand Jeremy the World title to hold while he raised the trophy in celebration. Jeremy would stare at the belt then when Dan traded back he would take the trophy, celebrate a little, then when Dan's head was turned, break it over his head. This was to lead to a huge feud between the brothers.

I think it went something like this in my SWF..

After reaching upper midcard status (somewhere between UP and ME in the game) Robbie Retro desperately needed to prove himself. So he layed a challenge for the respected veteran, Christian Faith. Faith accepts the challenge, saying that if Retro wins him, he has earned his respect. Steve Frehley - Faith's best friend and fellow face (on-screen) - is set to be the special referee. Faith asks him politely to referee the match cleanly. So the match is set, and after a gruelling battle Christian Faith's hand in raised after the match. Retro is not happy. He spits on Faith's face after the match when he tries to shake hands, and starts to rant about Faith (and Frehley), telling his victory was a fluke, and he wants a rematch with the same setting; after all, he thought Frehley did a decent job as the referee. Faith comes in and tells that just to shut Retro's mouth up, he's taking the challenge. And when they collide again, Faith is almost picking up the victory again, but Retro kicks out after getting slow counted (not a huge slow count) by Frehley. Frehley apologizes (during the match) and says he'll make his counts more consistent. Faith continues to beat Retro up, but suddenly gets attacked by the special referee himself. In a shocking moment, both Retro & Frehley beat the old man up, then Retro hits his finisher and Frehley counts the pin; Retro wins. In the next Supreme TV, Frehley tells his reasons, saying that Faith had cheated Retro, and that he is too old to compete in the SWF - the main level. He explains their plan that they had with Retro, but Faith interupts him. Coming up heavily bandaged and with crutches, Faith tells he despises Frehley for what he did, Faith had respect for him, but its all gone now. He challenges Frehley for a match Christmas Clash, which he accepts - at first. Faith says lets make it a steel cage, so that Frehleys acolytes don't interupt, but then gets attacked behind by Retro. Frehley runs the ramp up, but in the same moment the veteran had gained an upperhand; he ended up beating 'em both and standing tall.

After this, I accidentally deleted my save. I am not EXACTLY sure what was going to happen after this, but there was definitely going to be an epic few matches, with the Christmas Clash cage going to Frehley with Retro's assistance. Then maybe Frehley would have won one and ended the series or Faith and Frehley would have won it 2 - 1. After this feud, Frehley was set to win the SWF World title. So yes, I can't understand how people find Frehley boring. To me, he is like John Cena.

Classic ending :p

Archived