Has anyone done Vince Russo Booking

lol, I sort of use Russo booking. I usually have lots of angles in a row and I use a good number of gimmick matches with not much build up. Thats pretty much it though, I don't do face/heel turns constantly because there's an in game penalty for it and its also pretty stupid

Guest KingOfKings
Does giving Goldust a year long title reign, while making him the most popular worker in the world and ending the Undertakers Wrestlemania streak count as Russo booking?

I always thought TEW was a form of escapism, a way of getting away from the everyday horrors of the real world, like war and famine and pain and suffering and Russo-type booking.

Gotta admit though, it is interesting to see what might happen if I were to give it a go. Might have to start up a new game, crack open TNA's Big Book Of 'Don't Let This Happen To You!!!!' and let this happen to me for a while.

Maybe later...

:p

Does giving Goldust a year long title reign, while making him the most popular worker in the world and ending the Undertakers Wrestlemania streak count as Russo booking?

That's good booking but breaking The Undertakers streak with John Cena is Russo booking

If you mean helping change the face of the wrestling world with my booking, then yes. I have done Russo booking. Attitude era wouldn't have happened without Russo. A lot of the best angles from that time period were HIS writing.

Russo hate has gotten so old.

I did some Russo "backstage tactics" using the Montreal Aftermath and WCW. I pretty much pissed off the entire roster in some way, shape, or form by releasing a ton of workers and taking away backstage perks. I took a chaotic situation and made it even worse. :D

If you mean helping change the face of the wrestling world with my booking, then yes. I have done Russo booking. Attitude era wouldn't have happened without Russo. A lot of the best angles from that time period were HIS writing.

You mean it wouldn't of happened without ECW lol.

All joking aside, Russo does have good ideas, but when he was with WWF Vince McMahon moulded Russos ideas into good TV. Without Vince to shape his ideas we ended up with WCW and TNA's idiotic booking.

Quoted for truth.

You mean it wouldn't of happened without ECW lol.

All joking aside, Russo does have good ideas, but when he was with WWF Vince McMahon moulded Russos ideas into good TV. Without Vince to shape his ideas we ended up with WCW and TNA's idiotic booking.

What did ECW have to do with the Attitude Era? :confused: The second part of this is correct. Russo+McMahon = brilliance. Russo+Bischoff = well, it destroyed one company and is destroying another with the help of Hulk Hogan.

I love the man, I don't see how anyone can hate him. Russo once said a quote I will NEVER EVER forget....

"You want Lucha Libras...GO TO JAPAN!"

Russo <3

LOL! I also liked what he had to say about the WWE title...

"IT'S JUST A PROP!"

I know everybody knows wrestling is fake, but it seems like they forget that when it comes to the title belts.

Wow, can I borrow your butterfly effect machine :p Big call, imo an incorrect one, as someone mentioned earlier ECW had been booking an attitude style product for years, just not for the mainstream.

The biggest contibutor to ushering in the attitude era was not a person (IMO) it was the trends happening outside of wrestling. The early 90's saw alot of changes to what was considered mainstream, the top of the music charts went from being dominated by hairspray rock bands and Michael Jackson to a grunge band from Seattle. The most critically acclaimed director in Hollywood was changing from blockbuster big dollar movie makers to indy guys like Quentin Tarantino. Jerry Springer started to become a phenomenon along with alot of other "trash TV" shows, and the list goes on and on. Audiences from all forms of entertainment were looking for more, somewhat edgier material. It was just a case of when it and by who it would be delivered, Vince McMahon has always spotted trends very well and changed the WWE product accordingly.

No Russo, still an attitude era just without some of the angles and storylines we remember.

Wow, can I borrow your butterfly effect machine :p Big call, imo an incorrect one, as someone mentioned earlier ECW had been booking an attitude style product for years, just not for the mainstream.

The biggest contibutor to ushering in the attitude era was not a person (IMO) it was the trends happening outside of wrestling. The early 90's saw alot of changes to what was considered mainstream, the top of the music charts went from being dominated by hairspray rock bands and Michael Jackson to a grunge band from Seattle. The most critically acclaimed director in Hollywood was changing from blockbuster big dollar movie makers to indy guys like Quentin Tarantino. Jerry Springer started to become a phenomenon along with alot of other "trash TV" shows, and the list goes on and on. Audiences from all forms of entertainment were looking for more, somewhat edgier material. It was just a case of when it and by who it would be delivered, Vince McMahon has always spotted trends very well and changed the WWE product accordingly.

No Russo, still an attitude era just without some of the angles and storylines we remember.

I find that statement wrong. Pirate Paul was getting over, Vince finds out about Pirates of the Caribbean and says it'll never be popular and stops the gimmick.

Kevin Thorn finally starts getting over and then they take away Ariel and the vampire gimmick when vampires were blowing up in popularity and making more money then almost any other thing on the planet.

Vampires and pirates aren't comparable to huge mainstream trends in entertainment like the ones I listed, they're fads. Not only that but you're talking about two individual gimmicks, not a product changing.

The reality tv phenomenon (Tough Enough, Diva Search etc.) is a more recent example.

A while back I had an ROH game where I Russo-booked it. Put the strap on Kevin Nash in a 20-man battle royal on the first card, along with a bunch of angles.

I've always wanted to book a Steve Blackman-Amhed Johnson god push for an eventual title clash at WM 14... One day I'll take a 1997 mod and do that.

Uhhh, whut? So if I take Wuthering Heights or Gone With The Wind and put it in Brooklyn, almost verbatim, it's all my idea? Heyman...errr, Brontë/Mitchell wouldn't have any right to feel slighted?

I find that statement wrong. Pirate Paul was getting over, Vince finds out about Pirates of the Caribbean and says it'll never be popular and stops the gimmick.

Kevin Thorn finally starts getting over and then they take away Ariel and the vampire gimmick when vampires were blowing up in popularity and making more money then almost any other thing on the planet.

Exaggeration is bad. By this process of thinking, Vince should've dressed up a worker as a teenage wizard too since I'm pretty dern sure Harry Potter makes Twilight seem like a vagrant in a popularity comparison (and fits their demo a lot better). You seem to be under the mistaken impression that 'vampires' are some kind of phenomenon. Newp. Besides one series of movies (that, really, haven't made as much money as you seem to believe), none of the other 'bandwagon' series (True Blood, The Vampire Diaries, etc) have proven especially popular.

What Genadi says is true. You're trying to equate 'flash in the pan' to 'enduring cultural shift'. There is a marked difference betweeen a fad and a trend. Russo operates best when he has a filter, which he hasn't had since he left WWF. You're also giving him credit for what he did, what, almost 20 years ago? Gee, how many other people do you cut tons of slack just because they did something good almost two decades ago (but nothing of merit SINCE)? Think of Paul Heyman. He's lauded for what he did in ECW but the next time they gave him a booking/writing job (Smackdown), he did it AGAIN, in a different way, and produced several bonafide superstars. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but he didn't have any kind of autonomy with WWECW, so you can't blame that travesty on him. He still produced Punk though.

If you want Russo "hate" to end, tell him to do something revolutionary or create some stars. Heck, forget revolutionary. Tell him to do something cohesive for more than a couple months at a stretch!

Wow, I saw this kinda going in the "Yeah, the outlandishly ridiculous crash TV booking I did was booking wrestler X to do 1,2,3 to wrestler Y", rather than a pro-Russo/anti-Russo debate... :D I kinda felt thats' what half the Dog Pound is for, Russo bashing v Russo love in... I think the idea behind using Russo was an analogy was founded on the general reaction to crash booking.

To answer the question, not particularly Russo... but I have found myself booking guys in TEW that I wouldn't necessarily rate, and whom the stats don't necessarily drive me to push, just for the hell of a different story. Once I realise the errors of my way, I promptly depush them and get back to some kind of normality :D

I have tried to book Russo-style stuff (which I tended to see as controversial, swerve-tastic, and with general disregard to the fans), but I found that it never really came naturally. Now I tend towards an Old-School style, combined with a little Bischoff-style 'shock tactics' stuff.

Probably, yes. But I, for one, would totally mark out if it happened!

From what I understand Heyman had some control over WWECW - he was basically trying to do his best with what he was given (Kurt Angle, Big Show, CM Punk, etc), but Vince kept taking things away. Cancelling plans when they were in mid-swing. December to Dismember was the final straw - Heyman's intended booking of the EC was FAR different to what ended up happening - IIRC he was going to have Big Show tap to the Anaconda Vice as the first elimination, feeding off the success he'd had at Survivor Series and establishing him as a star much earlier than he would.

Archived