So I have started my own promotion in the Tri-State area and quickly rose up through the rankings until reaching regional size and a #7 overall rank. After that I have seemingly stalled.

My matches ranged from F ratings to D+ (or so) ratings early on. I have since dumped most of the wrestlers with lower stats (and salaries) and I am concentratingon a smaller roster of the highest overall stat ranked guys that will come in (regardless of salaries) to try to get the best possible quality in the matches, yet I can still not achieve higher than a C+. My storylines are from D to B and my angles go over pretty well (from C to A(!)).

So, what do you people do in similar situations to get things moving along? Are there certain Road Agent notes that you can add to certain types of matches with certain types of wrestlers that will boost my match ratings?

I have been using alot of Open Match, Call in Ring (when they are good enough) All Out Match, Slow Build (when applicable), Work the Crowd (early card matches). Throw in a little interference and a specific finish quite often. Yet none of this pushes my ratings above a C/C+ for the match.

This also goes for popularity in an area. It seems to take along time to get big enough to get a TV show and I am crawling towards that goal. Anyway to speed up region pop?....or a quicker way to get a TV show?

Last question: I really like the game alot but picking angles and matches and stipulations constantly is a little tedious sometimes. Is there someway that I am missing to simulate the actual card selection and just concentrate on the GM and timeline aspects of the game?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I usually concentrate on building up one non-wrestler's overness to as high as I can (assuming I don't play with my usual user character who makes things tons easier), and then use that person to boost my shows as much as possible. With one really over person on the roster, it makes it easy to get people over via angles.

I don't use road agent notes too much because most of the time, they're really not necessary. I rely on my road agent to work things out with the workers, unless I'm dealing with some very unskilled workers (and I don't tend to do that very often). 'Slow Build' for my main events is about as far as I go most of the time.

I think you might have to rein in your expectations. C+ rated shows are GOOD (very good, actually) at Regional, especially LOW Regional. C+ popularity in your home area is usually where you should be before jumping to Cult (unless you want to bleed money or you're into editor use) and C+ shows will get you to that point. You'll find that as you progress, you'll be able to pull off the occasional B- show and further along, that won't be so 'occasional'.

Last question: I really like the game alot but picking angles and matches and stipulations constantly is a little tedious sometimes. Is there someway that I am missing to simulate the actual card selection and just concentrate on the GM and timeline aspects of the game?

Well, that hearkens to the thing that must not be named. :p

At its heart, TEW is a booking simulator. Take out the booking aspect and it becomes more of a 'Pro Wrestling Tycoon', which isn't the same thing.

I usually concentrate on building up one non-wrestler's overness to as high as I can (assuming I don't play with my usual user character who makes things tons easier), and then use that person to boost my shows as much as possible. With one really over person on the roster, it makes it easy to get people over via angles.

I don't use road agent notes too much because most of the time, they're really not necessary. I rely on my road agent to work things out with the workers, unless I'm dealing with some very unskilled workers (and I don't tend to do that very often). 'Slow Build' for my main events is about as far as I go most of the time.

I think you might have to rein in your expectations. C+ rated shows are GOOD (very good, actually) at Regional, especially LOW Regional. C+ popularity in your home area is usually where you should be before jumping to Cult (unless you want to bleed money or you're into editor use) and C+ shows will get you to that point. You'll find that as you progress, you'll be able to pull off the occasional B- show and further along, that won't be so 'occasional'.

Well, that hearkens to the thing that must not be named. :p

At its heart, TEW is a booking simulator. Take out the booking aspect and it becomes more of a 'Pro Wrestling Tycoon', which isn't the same thing.

Thanks for the advice Remianen!

Just to clarify: I can usually pull 1 C/C+ match per card with my top dogs (that is using Jack Avatar in the main event) but sometimes not even that.

As far as "the thing that must not be named" (LOL!), I do enjoy booking matches but it does become a little tedious some of the time. If I can toss out the Road Agent notes 90% of the time as you suggest it could speed it up a little but having a feature so you could bypass the booking SOME of the time would be nice to speed things along! I am not suggesting that it be something that I would want to use ALL of the time. My wife is already yelling at me for spending too much time on this game and I have only had it a couple of weeks!

Archived