From The Ground Up Stars

Interesting question of mine as I start up an SWF game, which wrestlers have you signed instantly in hopes of making them big stars, or which wrestlers have you already made big stars.

So far My plans ahead are to turn...

Nathan Black - After getting ahold on J Silvers new render for him, I'm really planning on pushing him now. Give him the John Cena treatment.

Matthew Gauge & Greg Gauge - Brought them in because of their amazing skills, so, now intending on boosting them up the ranks ala Hardy Boyz, and having them feud eventually.

Billy Robinson - Turning him into a William Regal-esque kind of wrestler, but hopefully he won't flip flop around the midcard.

People I put in QAW for the purpose of turning into ground up 'International Superstars':

Megumi Nakajima - she (along with Huntress Makiko) is going to allow me to grow 5SSW, without even playing them. :p

Olivia Diamond & Christina Charisma - my reclamation projects who are going to be absolutely HUGE by the time I'm done with them.

Kinuye Mushashibo - Planning to make her into sort of like a Japanese Rey Mysterio, without the mask.

Heck, now that I think about it, all of my workers fit the bill, given their gender. :p

Guest KingOfKings
Thea Davis - This girl just has the "look". She went on a huge run in my CWWF fed and eventually ended J-Ro's year long title reign. I got her popularity in Canada up to a D+ from an F- in just under 9 months.

Interesting question of mine as I start up an SWF game, which wrestlers have you signed instantly in hopes of making them big stars, or which wrestlers have you already made big stars.

So far My plans ahead are to turn...

Nathan Black - After getting ahold on J Silvers new render for him, I'm really planning on pushing him now. Give him the John Cena treatment.

Matthew Gauge & Greg Gauge - Brought them in because of their amazing skills, so, now intending on boosting them up the ranks ala Hardy Boyz, and having them feud eventually.

Billy Robinson - Turning him into a William Regal-esque kind of wrestler, but hopefully he won't flip flop around the midcard.

The other three aren't shockers in the least, especially the Gauge brothers. Honestly, you have to work to prevent them from getting over.

But I've always had a soft spot for "The Black Dog". Partially because of the awesome nickname, and partially because I'm permanently amused by Lightweights who aren't generic high fliers. I applaud, and support, all efforts to turn him into a megastar.

Trent Peak in the '77 CVerse Game. Running Boston and I've always had a soft spot for the Peak Brothers since '05 and in '77 I saw Trent Peak. Not a great brawler but great psychology [b+]. Currently in October '77. He's improved to a D- Technical [From E or whatever]. Anyways, I gave him the TV title [once we got a TV show that is] and he's gone from mostly E- - E+ across the states to As in New England and the Tri-State, Cs in the Great Lakes, Midwest and Mid Atlantic [where we got our second deal in the second TV season]. I really haven't used him in the main event [it's hard considering my main event is stacked] and considering he's the oldest and weakest [skill wise] of my main event heels [Corporal Doom and Marcus McKing being the other two] I really don't know what to do with him other than JTTS.

On another note though, he is the only Main Event Heel on a written contract [as I got CWB up to Cult] so if SWF [at National now] comes knocking for Marcus McKing or to sign Doom to a written, it may be Peak's time to peak.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Briskout" data-cite="Briskout" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28165" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Trent Peak in the '77 CVerse Game. Running Boston and I've always had a soft spot for the Peak Brothers since '05 and in '77 I saw Trent Peak. Not a great brawler but great psychology [b+]. Currently in October '77. He's improved to a D- Technical [From E or whatever]. Anyways, I gave him the TV title [once we got a TV show that is] and he's gone from mostly E- - E+ across the states to As in New England and the Tri-State, Cs in the Great Lakes, Midwest and Mid Atlantic [where we got our second deal in the second TV season]. I really haven't used him in the main event [it's hard considering my main event is stacked] and considering he's the oldest and weakest [skill wise] of my main event heels [Corporal Doom and Marcus McKing being the other two] I really don't know what to do with him other than JTTS.<p> </p><p> On another note though, he is the only Main Event Heel on a written contract [as I got CWB up to Cult] so if SWF [at National now] comes knocking for Marcus McKing or to sign Doom to a written, it may be Peak's time to peak.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Interesting you mention Trent Peak, as I'm about to start pushing him heavy in APWF! Partially because he demanded a title run in order to sign his new contract, and I like the guy enough that I'd prefer to keep him around. Annoyingly, he didn't want to sign a particularly long contract either, meaning I've got just over 8 months to get a strap on him (likely the Tri-State title).</p><p> </p><p> Otherwise with APWF, I haven't had too many "from the ground up" guys yet. I mean, of course I'm building up Sam Strong, but that's a given. I would, however, love to give Magnum Johnson the push he deserves, and I'd also love to see if I can get little Terry Carmen over.</p>

In my current ACPW game Taylor Kidd started pretty low in my game I think he starts as a lower mid card status(I believe although I could be wrong) and I built him up to the main event and will probably have him beat Dagger who is my current champion.

<p>Let's see... the only real STAR in ROF (Sept 2013) that I've built up is Beast Bantom, using the Brute mechanic to great effect. Not a big deal.</p><p> </p><p>

I've been able to bump Josh Jones up to Upper Midcard, using a few wins over Bantom and some excellent three-way matches with Merle O'Curle and (insert main eventer here). Again, not a big deal as he's incredibly talented and fits ROF perfectly.</p><p> </p><p>

My biggest story of success, then, I'd say, is Gordon Leve. Brought him up from rookie-dom to upper midcard at one point. I decided to keep him around Midcard so that he can build his stats up more... he's pretty solid at this point, honestly, as most of his stats have jumped up by 4-8 in the past 12 months, but his psychology could be much better. His psych has gone up by 9 points in the past 12 months, so there is hope yet. I have a feeling that he's a definite star in the making, and may even be able to replace O'Curle at some point if he keeps this rate of improvement up. My current plan is teaming him with JD Morgan to feed more psych to him, and having him face teams with higher technical skills than his (ex: Don Henderson and Walter Morgan).</p><p> </p><p>

I've also brought The Foreign Legion up to Midcard level with a number of B- matches, some of them against JD Morgan/Gordon Leve. Their performance skills are still kind of crap, but they're good as long as they have someone to carry them a bit.</p>

<p>Playing a created fed in the North West area (not a great spot for those taking notes, you're quickly into regional battles with AAA and CZCW) with a product equally based on pop and performance. I'm still low regional, one guy left the promotion unhappy of his utilisation, so I hit the auto-push button as it usually prevents my wrestler to be unhappy from their push. Much to my surprise, Chris Flynn is now auto-pushed to the main event level which is strange since in the little ranking system I use to justify matches, he's ranked in the bottom half. </p><p> </p><p>

After some investigation, Flynn went 23% pop in Jan 2012 to 42% pop in Dec 2012 by winning 3 of his 19 matches! With an average rating of 49% (D+) I was expecting some progression, but not enough to justify a main event push. He's now one of my top 5 popular worker ! I guess jobbing to my stars (hi Jared Johnson!) did wonders for his career. Now, if he could only have better performance skills...</p>

In my game i opened up a promotion w/ Nemesis as the owner. Having never signed Ash Campbell before so I thought this would be the perfect time stared Jan '10 in Sept '10 he a main event in a cult promotion. Not great I know considering he is unbeaten in the company which currently stands at 17 and soon to be 18 when i run my show

Sammy The Shark. I think this guy is one of the most under rated workers in the C-Verse. He's young, has a great gimmick, good mic skills and is easily developed. In my long running SWF game, he's a main eventer. While I will probably never put the World Title on him, he's always on the hunt and serves as a great gate keeper.

I always mega-push Taylor Kidd. In my current USPW game, I originally brought him in to go into my new developmental territory, but decided to instead have him taken under the wing of Sam Strong. So now he gains popularity being around whenever Strong does an angle as my commish and is also getting decent in the ring, working dark matches as the masked American Kidd.

Update on Nathan Black

Teamed him up with Marc DuBois to get him started and over as a tag team competitor, and then eventually to turn him and have him feud with DuBois. Turns out they have excellent chemistry as Partners, so that's good to know.

Playing as WCW in the Montreal Aftermath mod...

I'm using M-Pro as my developmental promotion, with Rotunda, Steamboat, and Flair (currently selling an injury angle) as trainers.

The roster:

Edge

Christian

Rhino

Billy Kidman

Charlie Haas

Nick Dinsmore

Gregory Helms

Umaga

These guys are going to hit the ground running when I finally bring them in.

On my main roster, I've pushed the tag team of Ultimo Dragon and Tajiri to the top of the card.

in my TCW game i've gotten a ton of guys over during the coarse of two years, but my quickest to rise to main eventers were KC Glenn and El Hero De Mexico.

they both debuted around the same time....neither did time in developmental like most everyone i sign does. Glenn came in as KC Murder and began tagging with Jack Avatar as the Southern Battle Saints. Hero debuted as Mexican Bullet and started teaming with Hurricane Sandoval Jr. (Hurricane Junior in my game) as the Aztec Assault Rifles.....

they both got jobbed out at first, but got dominant squash victories over low rated guys or wrestlers leaving, or in tag matches.

next thing i know each one of them are at B pop in USA and are main eventers in TCW. it took maybe 4 months for each of them to reach that level.....meanwhile i can't get Hell Monkey to stay at B-, he keeps dropping to C+, even after 2 years of whooping that booty.....sigh

I have a new project and his name is Leon Maine. 19 years old, fabulous entertainment skills to start, and an OK set of core skills that need to be worked on. I was frustrated for a while because Jay wouldn't let me sign people with less than 53 toughness and selling. There were so many people I wanted to sign over the years and weren't able to or else I'd risk upsetting the biggest prick in the game. :eek:

I won't lie. I hired him because of his last name. :o Not to mention he looks bad ass with that hair.

My biggest ground up star: Xavi Ferrera; he's been with us since he debuted (2014; six years) and he's held the WCW World Tag Titles 5x with two different partners. He's had main event title feuds with Spencer Spade and Jay Chord, but he's never won a singles title. He's that babyface that the crowd loves to see no matter win or lose.

My biggest ground up failure: Killer Shark; even though he entered the game world with TCW I consider his start with us. He stayed with them for 3 1/2 years after graduating from their dojo. In that time he went 1-1-55 (W-D-L). The definition of a jobber. He won in a six-man tag and drew with Elliot Thomas in two different years. His contract came up in in January of 2017 and I grabbed him.

Over the course 2 1/2 years with us he went 72-1-52 and held our Traditional title for half a year. He was #55 in the top 100 in 2018. He got insanely over due to his menace and a nice brute gimmick. His matches never went above a 70 when he wasn't working with someone who could carry him. His best matches were six or eight man tag matches to hide all of his weaknesses. I spent a lot of time and money on him and just his menace wasn't worth it.

The people I have made the biggest successes out of so far are

Lenny Brown and Ernest Youngman in my '07 Diary

Both were lower carders when I hired them in a regional fed, and by the time I ended the diary 3-4 years later, both were main event level of a cult fed, putting A -A* matches and promos and with popularity around A also.

Trent Shaffer in my '08 CGC Diary

Went from midcard champion with D popularity to A* Main Event popularity inside of 18 months due to the programs I worked with him. He became so popular in my diary that TCW also signed him ( on a ppa as we had a working agreement) and he became their World Champion less than 2 years in game, winning the belt from Tommy Cornell when TCW was #1 in the game world.

Of course all three of those guys have a lot of potential to begin with, and if used with any decent planning almost always become big stars in time.

I always wanted to see how far I could take BinDust ( Dusty Bin) in a game, but just haven't had a game in which I have decided to hire him go very far, usually because of other projects going, so the dream of making everyone remember the name of ........BINDUST!!! will have to wait.

Not sure if I should put this here as this overness gain was accidental. Playing the '77 mod, signed the Party Animals [Dirk Bonell and Chase Allen]. Bonell shot up to the main event with a single tag team title run with Allen and I haven't really pushed either one differently. Not sure what I'm going to do with them now as they are my only face team. [sent one to development, and couldn't hire back the other. Currently experimenting with faces] In fact they both have the same gimmicks [Fun Babyfaces] but Bonell's overness went from Es in February to C/B in April. Chase Allen is developing slowly as he's only D/D- across America now. Strange stuff, but actually welcome to my future plans.

Archived