What is your hiring preference?

Do you hire the same guys everytime? Do you sign the highly mic'd, lowly skilled? Only the highly skilled?

Me?

I'm a star-Fuc*er. I usually play as USPW and I attempt to sign every guy from SWF and TCW weather they were any good or not. I currently have Ford Gumble, Rayne Man, and The Guru on my roster. Negotiations didn't work out with Painful Procedure though. Also I try to sign anyone who is on a written contract with another company this has gotten me Ozzie Goldan and Phil Vibert.

I also tend to stay away from guys that the boards just say you can't live with out. It kind of makes me dislike them to see everyone say you need them so much. (Steve Flash, The samoans)

1) Skill

2) Something I can mold into what I want (usually a max of 5 on the roster)

3) Members of established tag teams

I don't care where they've worked previously or what they've done in the past. In fact, that's more likely to work AGAINST a worker than for them. I do have favorites but they're usually favorites because they meet one or more of the above criteria.

Guest KingOfKings

If i'm playing a male fed, I usually like to hire young guys I can mold into stars to fade out the older wrestlers.

If it's a female fed, i'm a huge fan of the bigger stronger women, but, then comes along a woman like Thea Davis or JoAnne Rodriguez and everything changes.

I'm a star-Fuc*er. I usually play as USPW and I attempt to sign every guy from SWF and TCW weather they were any good or not. I currently have Ford Gumble, Rayne Man, and The Guru on my roster. Negotiations didn't work out with Painful Procedure though. Also I try to sign anyone who is on a written contract with another company this has gotten me Ozzie Goldan and Phil Vibert.

Haha, I'm the same way with USPW. The three Painful Procedure guys are always my first signings. I figure TCW had copyrighted all their names and whatnot, so I named them Mountain of Violence. Ronnie C. Mountain, Randall Bandit, and Billy Jack. I usually end up making Jacob Jett their lead singer with Katie Cameron as their manager.

I was kind of disappointed when I first looked at 10, a lot of my regular USPW signinings from 08 were unavailable. Dirty White Boys, Stevie Grayson, Vin Tanner, Warren Technique all in CGC(the DWBs being the only ones that aren't mostly jobbers, of course)...Madman Boone is in a coma. But now Eugene Williams is out there, which is awesome...he and Wilson Carlisle are such an improvement over Jamie and Sanchez.

I go for psychology and selling as my two primaries. However if a worker has something else going, you know, high star quality, good entertainment skills, and seems to have time on their side to improve, or I have a roster balanced enough to compensate their weaknesses, I'll still look at hiring them.

If I'm working a large large promotion with scope for development territories, I'll scout young talent and get them in where possible. It'll be a future oriented approach.

I do have a collection of favourites, but I love how the game basically demarcates your ability to bring them all in due to personality clashes with the style of the promotion. I love the fact that if I run SWF, as much as I'd want to, there's a lot of great Mexican/Japanese talent that I feel I could book to rip it up that I simply can't get into the promotion. Champagne Lover is a prime example of that. Love to have them, love even more the dynamic that I can't.

I generally run Sports Entertainment promotions, because that's what I know and love (I've been purely a WWF/E man for 20 years), but no matter where I am, and at what level, Basics is always something I look for. If someone doesn't have it, then they have to practically be Jesus/Mohammed/Moses/Cthulu/Shiva/Isus/Genghis/Montezuma in order for me to give them a spot on my roster. Anything else, I'll take the time to teach it to them, but I'm running a wrestling promotion, not a wrestling school.

Oh, and Menace is awesome. Gigantic scary people are universally amazing.

For me, the simple question is 'have they got something I can work with'? Talent is important, but as long as they're average or have the potential to improve, it's not essential. Star Quality and Charisma are attractive characteristics, though not essential, and solid fundamentals are also nice (and probably the one thing I don't budge on- the only person I've ever hired with less than a D in a performance stat was Emma B*tch, who had charisma, talent AND star quality to compensate).

The major thing for me, though is size. I don't like Big Heavyweights or larger, and whilst there are exceptions (Ox Mastadon survived in my FCW game for a while due to backstage positivity, and Leper Messiah's a favourite of mine because he's just so entertaining) nine out of ten Big Heavyweight and up workers in TEW hold no appeal to me.

Archived