My developmental territory is closing

I invested in a development territory and after only a few months, it went bankrupt and closed down. Does this happen to most of the smaller developments you open yourself? If I open another one will it just go bankrupt again?

I think if you provide the entire roster they wont have too much to pay for except for the owner/booker and arena

I usually send announcers and refs down there for that purpose because they start with 0 money

This. I have six development promotions. They pay for nothing (NOTHING) besides the owner's written and arena fees (and three of 'em don't even pay much of that since they have exclusive venues to start). If you don't send them anyone, they'll go out and sign whoever fits. That usually winds up with the promotion going belly up because they have no cash.

The (unspoken) expectation is that you'll have enough people on written deals to staff the development promotion before you open it. The only reason (I think) that you can open them at Cult is because you can conceivably sign written deals at Cult but it's not a 'I made Cult, lemme open a dev promotion' type of deal.

What I suggest is that you sign the people you want to develop BEFORE opening the promotion. That includes non-wrestlers too (since they can often be more expensive than the in-ring talent).

In 2008, I saved a promotion from going under and decided to use it as my development territory. The same thing happened. It went back into bankruptcy within a couple months. So, it isn't just with your investment promotions that you can waste some time and money.

Wow, so I have to sign a whole bunch of talent and THEN send them down to make it actually work? Screw creating my own development territory, I think I might just use a smaller promotion from now on, at least that'll be more stable

Wow, so I have to sign a whole bunch of talent and THEN send them down to make it actually work? Screw creating my own development territory, I think I might just use a smaller promotion from now on, at least that'll be more stable

Well, you are creating a promotion, so its kind of logical that you would be responsible for providing much of the talent.

Wouldn't you want to? The point of a development territory is to develop your future workers. What's the point of owning one if you can't control whose being developed? It can work without you signing and sending anyone down. The promotion will just continue to run exactly how it would normally (depending on product) without your input. Which (in my opinion) defeats the whole purpose of development promotions.

Archived