Super Conference Mod

I want to make a mod for the upcoming super conferences. I have made a rough sketch on the structure. Now I am ready to do some work with the DB.

Are there any threads or tips anyone could give. I am going to use Access 2000, will it cause me any hang ups.

I gave it one shot the other night but couldn't get it to work.

Any help?

I BELIEVE that the limit on conference size is 14 teams (2 divisions of 7)... I don't know that you will be able to create the impending "Pac-16," but I have not tested this for sure...

Creating bowl tie-ins is not difficult, you just have to be careful to not assign any conference/place twice

I believe you can only assign playoffs to conferences in that the conference champion goes to the 16-team bracket. If you do not have 16 conferences then the "GDCS" (BCS) rankings fill them in from there. There is no option that I know of to have any # of teams other than 16 in the tournament.

It is still not a sure thing that the PAC-10 will expand to a total of 16 teams. I'd wait and see how things shake out.

In the mean time, I have been working on my own update of the FCS mod to reflect the new schools, schools who have dropped football and conference changes at that level, to reflect the 2010 season.

However, the game cannot reflect the 20 team tournament that will be used in Division 1 this season, so I am undecided if I want to grant the Big South and the Northeast Conference the auto-bids they will receive IRL for this mod.

I also want to add the Gridiron Classic if I can get that game to work as a single bowl game.

Archived