Rob Van Dam in a mod...

Okay, we all know RVD doesn't have much Microphone skill or Acting skill, but what about his Charisma? I put it low with the other Entertainment skills in my game, but I'm wondering if I should have made his Chrisma higher. Right now, in 2002, I have him with 38 Microphone, 51 Charisma, and 41 Acting. Should I increase his Charisma since he's always been so loved by crowds? If so, where would you put his Charisma as of 2002?

his mic work in ecw was very very good......his work with fonzy and his "shoots" were classic. I think right now his problem is more to do with the writers and not his mic skills. rvd in 2002 was not allowed to be good....even he said it. rvd in 1998 or 97? i would put him in the 60 or maybe 70's to be honest.

Personal Opinion? Microphone 60. Charisma 70. Acting 50. That's pretty good for a lower level promotion or if a guy is super-over, but not awe-inspiring. Which is how I'd rate RVD. He did do some tidy promos in ECW, but I can't say I was ever blown away. Comfortable, but not electrifying.

Personal Opinion? Microphone 60. Charisma 70. Acting 50. That's pretty good for a lower level promotion or if a guy is super-over, but not awe-inspiring. Which is how I'd rate RVD. He did do some tidy promos in ECW, but I can't say I was ever blown away. Comfortable, but not electrifying.

But this ignores the effect of charisma in the ring. A 70 garners a minuscule bonus whereas RVD has always been a very charismatic performer in the ring. I'd give him high 70s, low 80s (no higher than 83) if only to account for that.

Lindsey, 51 is criminally low for someone of RVD's stature. 51 is Mike Knox territory. It's one thing to dislike a worker (not saying you do, mind) but give credit where it's due. Van Dam is easily mid 70s based solely on crowd reaction.

Okay, we all know RVD doesn't have much Microphone skill...

He can and has cut a decent sometimes great promo.

From my 2002 mod....

Mic Skills: 68

Charisma: 68

Acting: 46

I was a lil harsh charisma as Remi pointed out should be at least a B- (72).

Archived