The "jump to cult" topic

Guest codey
Seeing as I'm just about to jump to cult in my game, and I can't find the old topic detailing how to prepare and survive the jump, I figured I would start a new topic for all inexperienced and wide-eyed players such as myself.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Make sure you have a go to region [iE - Home Region] you can always make money on no matter what. If you ain't making money NON STOP in that region, then forget about expanding and focus on that region until you can make money in your sleep in that region. And I mean make money without extra cost cutting measures. I learned this the hard way with CWB in the 77 mod.

Even with that you're going to lose money in misc costs pretty badly so have a few mil in the bank before you make the jump. some people can do it with one million I prefer two or three which is about where I'm at now and gonna make the jump to cult with CZCW.

Im at cult and am confused on how i should be running shows, i got a tv deal which serves three areas because it is all i can get, but should i just run shows in those 3 areas for now (i only have good pop in one of the regions.) should i be touring all of the US or what.

I cant seem to get a ppv deal and as i said ive got the best tv deal i can.

Having extremely good sponsorship is a huge bonus (basically the most family friendly product possible) if you don't mind 'selling out' as it were.

Only run shows in your hometown if you have a TV show. You'll maximise ticket sales that way and thus money. Its a long road to national from cult so just focus on making money before you worry about expanding further.

Also keep an eye on wages. If you have 4 people who can put on a C+ match, they can carry the company. Fill the rest of your roster on as little money as possible.

Im at cult and am confused on how i should be running shows, i got a tv deal which serves three areas because it is all i can get, but should i just run shows in those 3 areas for now (i only have good pop in one of the regions.) should i be touring all of the US or what.

ONLY run in your home (most popular) region because the TV show will still gain popularity

After 5 years of toiling from a start-up, I just jumped to cult size. My problem is that my match quality seems to be getting worse grades now.

How do I raise the level of my match quality? I have pretty much top-grade workers only as I have cut anyone who even resembles deadweight or needs to be carried.

Any suggestions?

Guest codey
ONLY run in your home (most popular) region because the TV show will still gain popularity

So no shows in the great lakes or south east then? I was under the impression that I had to visit them no matter what every two months or so to keep their pop from dropping.

So no shows in the great lakes or south east then? I was under the impression that I had to visit them no matter what every two months or so to keep their pop from dropping.

That used to be the case, but is no longer true. A television broadcast into that region counts as a visit, for those purposes.

Guest codey
That used to be the case, but is no longer true. A television broadcast into that region counts as a visit, for those purposes.

That's great!

going along with Greg, find tv coverage in your lower popular areas, book your shows in your promotions area and all get a boost in popularity... make sure your shows in your area are good and the rating is higher than the popularity level and you should boost the other areas faster

I just want to touch on this a bit further. As has been stated, running in your home region is key, because you'll flounder financially otherwise. As well, if you always run at home, then you can use dark time to give some untalented Brutes some dominating squashes, giving them all-important Popularity, without having to even have them on the main show.

Something that is often overlooked is that Worker Popularity changes are based on the differences in Pop in the region where the show is held, but apply evenly to ALL regions where the show is broadcast. So, if you build up a worker's Pop in only your home region (through dark matches), then have them lay down for someone on TV, the worker that goes over will increase EVERYWHERE that saw your show. Of course, that also means that your losing worker loses Pop in areas where they didn't have much to begin with, but that trade-off is almost always worth it.

Finally, and to actually get around to responding to your concerns, although your show will only be gaining Popularity in 3 regions, and you'll eventually want to build towards national coverage, focussing on what you already have is definitely the way to go. Networks and PPV Carriers look at your average Popularity, throughout their broadcast range. So, if you raise your current three areas enough, they won't care that nobody has heard of you on the other coast. You'll have enough viewers in your primary area that it makes no difference. As well, focussing on your current areas helps build towards the all-important spillovers. Let those do the work of breaking into new areas. Your balance sheet will thank you.

Yep that is the main thing. Have one home region at preferably C+ pop, not importance but pop.

Even with that you're going to lose money in misc costs pretty badly so have a few mil in the bank before you make the jump. some people can do it with one million I prefer two or three which is about where I'm at now and gonna make the jump to cult with CZCW.

Eh, usually C+ pop is enough to put your finances into the green at Cult. I know it was enough with EWA back in 2008. Heck, I only had about half a million when I hit Cult, but I didn't need anymore. I'd say the need for big money is MOSTLY needed if you're trying to jump up earlier than that C+. For example, with RAW you practically HAVE to jump to Cult earlier, because you start off slowly bleeding money at Regional. Best strategy seems to be just muscle through the hard times and let that 5 million carry you back to financial goodness. About a year and a half in, I'm down to just under 4 million and probably only a month away from making money.

Some of this COULD come down to your home region, of course, as I figure a crappy one might make it harder to get those big attendance numbers for PPVs that are pretty helpful in terms of cash. Guess I'll find out one day in my FCW game whenever I push them to Cult.

Guest codey
Would anyone suggest a PPV deal right after hitting cult, and, if so, what size? I've never actually played with a promotion higher than regional.

Archived