Attendance well below what's expected?

Guest codey

As MAW, I run 3 shows a month. The first two are small, and the third are the already established shows, which I have set at medium, and they have above average importance. The first two shows always get the expected audience, give or take 100-50 people. Now, the first show, when ran in the mid atlantic, has an expected output of 3000 people, but will never draw more than 1500 for me. When I run the show in the great lakes or south east, it still only draws half the amount that's expected. The only other American company that puts on a show during that day is NYCW, and they never run shows in any of the areas I do, and it's very rare that they have an event on the same day.

I come to you all, with your infinite knowledge of TEW, and ask for your help, because for the life of me I can't figure out why I can't draw on this day!

EDIT: I've just moved all the events to a different week. If it works, I'd still like to keep this topic open, just because it's been annoying me so much that I must know what the problem is.

Guest codey
But the thing is, I only get horrible results on this night, and have for two years now. If I run in he mid atlantic with one of my other shows, I draw the expected amount of people.

Guest codey
Changing the date's helped! Though, to be honest, I still want to know why the other day just wasn't drawing.

Guest codey
were you using advanced booking?

I advance book my big event matches, and those usually always have high heat.

also check the economy? is it rising or falling? affluence check also, if that is low in that area, you won't get as many people willing to pay.. those expected are just for venue selection help, I have had thousands more or less than the expected before. If affluence is low and they recommend a big venue, book a medium venue...etc

Guest codey
Advanced booking has no impact on attendance. That's used for TV & PPV.

When you rearranged the schedule, did you move the third event later, or earlier? You may have just been running your shows too close together, which triggered the negative for overkill.

I moved it from the fourth Friday of the month to the third. My small events took place on the first and second Fridays, so I moved everything closer together.

I'm having the same problem. I run two monthly shows (medium size) with PSW and with expected attendance of 1250ish I always sell out the first one but the second only gets 850 or so. I never thought to change the date, but I'll do that next month.

The weird thing is it didn't happen in January, but it's happened the last four months...the economy and industry are getting better. They're on the same days (1st and 3rd Friday). The only thing that changed is I raised the ticket prices after the first show in January (the standard +4, forgot to before the show).

Running multiple shows in the same region in the same month have always caused the later shows to possibly see a drop in attendance.

I'm still a bit miffed how few show up to my second show in PR (I hold two there, one in Tri-State) when using FCW.

But yeah, seeing a drop in attendance when running multiple shows in the same region during a month has always caused the later shows to possibly see drops in attendance. I think afluencey (I butchered the spelling, didn't I?) might be a factor in it, as the drop off in PR seems greater than that in, say, Central Europe.

Archived