Was just wondering how many of you pre-book a full month or so of shows before putting the first one together. I just pre-booked December in my ROF game with massive success... the Advance Booking mechanic seems to have positively influenced my match scores, my non-TV or PPV attendance, etc... I've done something like this:

TV 1

Gordon Leve > Thomas Lithos

Barry Griffin > Wade Orson

Daniel Black Francis > Adam Matravers

Merle O'Curle > Beast Bantom

TV 2

Blah blah blah...

EVENT

BW Eddie vs Barry Griffin*

New Shooters* (Don Henderson, Walter Morgan) vs The Project (Gordon Leve, JD Morgan) vs Deathlock Inc. (Josh Jones, Thomas Lithos)

Merle O'Curle* vs Adam Matravers vs Daniel Black Francis

This way I can put storylines together, etc. Before I was just booking on the fly, looking to get the best scores possible and looking to improve workers as much as possible. It's starting to look like hitting Cult in the UK will be possible after all... hahaha.

So, do you lot do something like this? I've booked on the fly since EW9000, to be perfectly honest... -blush-

Guest KingOfKings
I always used to book on the fly, but iv'e recently discovered the same thing you have. Advanced booking works wonders.

I only advance my main and semi main (if at all) for TV

I advance book 90% of the card for PPV but I just write up my plans somewhere else because if I used advance book for EVERYTHING, im sure all of them wouldnt be great

Yeah, I only put my opening match, semi-main and main in Advance Booking. I've been trying to plan most every match before Show 1, though. I've found that it helps give you focus so you can build the heat for matches that are to happen on your big events. I got New Shooters / Project / Deathlock up to 75 heat before it happened, and it ended up being a 92. Not bad for a regional promotion with 70 pop at home. :p

I have every main and (I hope) semi main as well as most title matches advanced booked for every PPV the first year. The problem I have is getting from here to there many times. There are so many ways I could go about maximizing heat for all of those matches, I often trip myself up by not pacing myself. Like, the matches in April's PPV don't need to hit 100 heat in February but having them up there makes me try to work to, in Picard's words, make it so.

I'll advance book pretty much all my TV matches. If not, then it's only 1 or 2 filler or push-rise matches that won't get the treatment. PPV, all matches are booked 2-3 weeks in advance, and if I have a long constructed angle in mind I will advance book that match months in advance, but generally that's not a huge amount of matches.

I have every main and (I hope) semi main as well as most title matches advanced booked for every PPV the first year. The problem I have is getting from here to there many times. There are so many ways I could go about maximizing heat for all of those matches, I often trip myself up by not pacing myself. Like, the matches in April's PPV don't need to hit 100 heat in February but having them up there makes me try to work to, in Picard's words, make it so.

I wonder if I should take this approach? I only advance book matches when they're "announced" to the fans. If I advance book a match that hasn't been revealed, story-line wise, I feel like I'm giving away the surprises.

Am I viewing advanced booking improperly? I always viewed it as, "these are the matches that are already on the card, that the announcers are putting over and workers are promoting". So I don't book the Title match until the #1 contenders match, etc.

I wonder if I should take this approach? I only advance book matches when they're "announced" to the fans. If I advance book a match that hasn't been revealed, story-line wise, I feel like I'm giving away the surprises.

Am I viewing advanced booking improperly? I always viewed it as, "these are the matches that are already on the card, that the announcers are putting over and workers are promoting". So I don't book the Title match until the #1 contenders match, etc.

Honestly, it's a convenience thing for me and habit. In past TEWs, it was unwieldy to book matches on the fly or at the show and using advance booking to just plop the competitors in was the "best" (read: least annoying) way to do things. So I got into the habit of advance booking everything and then booking the show from there.

Nowadays, due to the number of games I tend to have going at one time (14 'base' games right now, with several copied saves of each base), I use advance booking to remind me of what I was doing on that particular save. Using the Storylines area with advance booking is enough to jog my memory as to what I had planned for that particular game.

For the diary game, it's similar except it helps keep me from going all Vince Russo. If I know that X is supposed to happen at November's PPV, I know that I have to build to that point to make it 'pop' (since November's PPV is our 'Wrestlemania'). I also have the main storyline written out (in short story form) so I have ideas on how to get from here to there, but they're not etched in stone so there's lots of wiggle room.

You're not viewing advance booking improperly, I probably am. I use the advance bookings, as I said, for convenience, easier accounting, and also as benchmarks. So if five matches are advance booked for the next PPV, I spend much of my time booking towards maximizing the heat of those five matches. When I start up a save, I can look at the advance bookings and see 'these are the matches I'm pushing' then I look at storylines to see WHY I'm pushing those matches (or why they're advance booked to begin with. I tend to put out some off the wall matchups at times, after all).

I Advance Book after booking my show, right before starting the show. I use Notepad to plan my stories and match-ups months in advance, including the legth of each match, so that I know I have things timed out properly with regards to fitting in the appropriate angle time, and stamina levels. After booking the show in-game, I fiddle around with all the "To Be Announced" combinations, to maximize the Heat for each match-up, and delete the repeats that grade lower. It takes all of 2 minutes, I get good Heat for my matches, and I never have to worry that an injury or incident is going to force me to hit the dreaded Edit button.

I have always done it this way, and likely always will.

My results are FAR better when I plan ahead by a month or two. Right now I'm playing on a crappy old laptop and I do all my planning in a notebook (an actual one, not the application), as I hate switching from TEW to Noteboook and back (even the internal TEW notebook). However, I'm lazy and always get fed up with flipping pages and actually writing so it always degrades to on the fly booking.

My ultimate goal is to get a desktop with two monitors so I can have TEW on one and Notebook or Word open in the other so I can do everything with minimal switching!!!

Archived