Getting managers over

Using the DOTT mod, I have Jimmy Hart and Bobby Heenan as managers. They aren't popular in the northeast (I'm WWF) and as a result they routinely underperform in segments when they are obviously talented on the mic. Is there a good way to get them over so they help things rather than hurt?

Just like anyone else, you just have to use them. Something that I've often done is to use one person as a backstage interviewer for a few months, and have my main eventers cut their promos with them. Sure, they bring down the ratings a bit, at the beginning, but not near enough to be a problem (like, you'll get B/B+ instead of A/A*). The constant exposure in good angles bumps up their Popularity to decent levels pretty quickly.

Once you have someone high enough that they're good to go on their own, sub in the next guy you want to build, and repeat the process.

Something that's important to keep in mind is that in TEW05, the length of angles don't really mean anything. So, if you use 15 1-minute angles, instead of 3 5-minute angles, you'll get 5-times the benefits.

This method has always popped readily into my head, because I'm a huge 'Mean' Gene Okerlund fan. I've had several games where my backstage interviewer has hit A* Popularity. Talk about helping bring the heat for my undercard feuds.

I'll keep using them but I keep getting the "<manager> looked dreadful in this segment" despite the fact their mic and charisma skills are high. Heenan gets a good reception when I go into the southeast but he and the others get nothing in my home territory.

The "looked dreadful" or "underperformed" appears no matter how talented someone is, if they're in there with someone with a lot more Popularity. That's unavoidable. That comment isn't bringing down your ratings, though, it's merely letting you know that it's that person's lack of name value that's dragging in down.

Something I forgot to mention is that if you have someone that can afford to drop some Popularity, then having the manager beat them in a match will get the manager over quicker. Why not have Heenan make someone else wear the weasel suit for a change.

Archived