What do you think would cause this...

I am playing a game with NOTBPW and currently have Owen Love as my NOTBPW Champion. His contract recently came up for renewal and I renewed it but as a condition for the renewal he wanted a midcard title run. My question is why would he want a midcard title run when he is a main eventver in my game and already has the NOTBPW Championship belt.

Well, because a main event title meets that requirement, you should think of it as him wanting AT LEAST a midcard title run, AFTER his current reign ends.

Basically, once you end his current run, he doesn't want you to just drop him. He wants insurance that he'll stay relevant, and not be a one hit wonder.

I have had this happen to me before. The real problem is that the current belt that the wrestler holds does not fullfill the obligation for the other belt that he requests in his new contract.

Therefore, he must win a different title before his contract is up or he will say that you did not live up to your obligations and will not renegotiate with you later even if he held a major championship the entire time!

I have had this happen to me before. The real problem is that the current belt that the wrestler holds does not fullfill the obligation for the other belt that he requests in his new contract.

Therefore, he must win a different title before his contract is up or he will say that you did not live up to your obligations and will not renegotiate with you later even if he held a major championship the entire time!

this is what kills some of my title runs in the east coast wars

*Shawn Gonzalez wins World Title*

*companies offer him*

*I say, ok you can have midcard title (tag w/ Wolverine)*

*Moar offers before I have a show*

*He refuses to negotiate*

so I just move show up and have him win in the pre show

I mean if you vacate the title it still is a long title run for that guy. Technically he never lost it! Although I understand what you are saying.

Might be a fun storyline to run with though. Guy wins his title match at PPV. Next night authority strips it. Only for him to win the belt back the following week on television or at the PPV.

After this happens about 2 times in a year it becomes a wrestler VS the world kind of thing. He gets paranoid and doesn't trust anyone.

Archived