Okay, so I've got a two-hour television show airing live on Tuesday nights while a one-hour show is taped the same night to be aired on Friday. The game automatically forces me to book the Friday show before the Tuesday show, so I can't realistically book the way it's seen on television. If I'm running a storyline, I have to run the first plot point on Friday's show with the second plot point running on Tuesday's show.

Nope B shows come first. Anyway you are depriving yourself of income so move it imho.

That isn't always the case. I've booked many a B-show second in the night. I don't know why it happens, but I'm inclined to agree with 1234. Shouldn't be hard to test though.

Several game editions ago (possibly 07), Adam posted information on the order shows are scheduled. If I recall correctly, it has to do with the order they appear in the database, with the show created earlier always being scheduled first. Other than cancelling one show, and creating a new one (of the same name, if you'd like), there's no way to change the order.

Now, the other possibility (because my memory is foggy) was that it has to do with the order that the shows are placed on that day. So, whichever show you set to hold on that day of the week first, is the one that is booked first. If that's the case, then rescheduling your Friday show to a different day, advancing a day, and then putting it back, would switch their order to the correct way. Give that a try, and let us know if it helped.

Although, as has been stated, you're robbing yourself of revenue, by holding them together. By the time you have multiple TV shows, you should have written contracts with your performers, so the cost increase of running a second venue is far outweighed by the ticket revenue you'll receive (unless you run somewhere silly).

My Friday show is a B show with no "stars" on it. I can't imagine it would make much money on its own. I'm basically using it to try and build up people, not showcase stars.

Doesn't really matter. It will draw less but it will still draw and as long as you are using written contracts better to get some income out of it imho.

My Friday show is a B show with no "stars" on it. I can't imagine it would make much money on its own. I'm basically using it to try and build up people, not showcase stars.

I may be out to lunch here, but I think attendance is largely based on your popularity in the area you're running, not what's on the show. Even if you advance book a crappy show, it doesn't affect attendance, just TV ratings.

You'll draw the same attendance by running a B show with all jobbers or with all ME's.

Smarter people can flame away if I'm blatantly wrong here.

Smarter people can flame away if I'm blatantly wrong here.

You are a blight on humanity. :p

B-shows will draw significantly less than A-shows, but as was stated by the illustrious Hyde Hill, as long as you're using Written (or even cheap PPA) talent, then you'll still turn a profit.

If you aren't able to rearrange your shows on one day, then moving the Friday show to a later day would be your best bet.

The amount of money you're losing is extremely small (nobody goes to B Shows), so it's nothing to worry about unless you're REALLY strapped for cash...which you shouldn't be if you have written contracts, anyway.

I've been doing some testing and I can't figure out how to switch them, if it's possible. I'm pretty sure I did it on 08(not intentionally), but no idea how.

Archived