How do you look at them? In TEW, the moves only comes with a name. For example; One of T-Rex's moves is The Extinction, but what is it? Do you use the WreSpi demos to get a better understanding of the move or just decide yourself what it is??

I use wres spirit generally, seems the easiest method of it all to know what things are :)

I assign them myself, especially since the C-Verse women tend to have really lame finishers. It's also one major reason why in my diary I link to videos of the finishers I assigned. Can't have people thinking Golden Delicious is finishing matches with a pumphandle slam, after all.

Generally I will use the ones from WreSpi, unless the name evokes a certain finisher for me, or there is a specific finisher I want them to use. Sometimes I will modify how the finisher is used as I usually try and write the finish of my match in regards to position or how it was applied, and I try to keep it as realistic as possible (i.e. they aren't reversing a backbreaker into a flying elbow, but they could reverse it into some type of Diamond Cutter-Rko by slipping the breaker)

The great thing about TEW in general and cornellverse in particular is the ability to adapt and outright change things to suit yourself.

I assume this is for diary purposes. I try to stick to WreSpi as much as possible, although I take certain liberties. Every booker had suggested someone change their move at some point, to help their particular push or just to fit with the current roster. The more established the guy, the less liberties I take. I'm not going to change Christian Faith's move from the WreSpi version because I'm assuming it's been established for over a decade. Jacob Jett's on the other hand I'll change in a heartbeat, because he's a nobody.

In response to Remi's video suggestion, that's nice, especially for the more complicated foreign moves. I like to simply describe the move. "Christian Faith locks in the Test of Faith (Main Event Sleeper)" or "Edd Stone knocks him out with the Edd-Reneline Shot (Super Kick)". If I can't describe it, it's usually not worth it. I'm a SE guy. I don't do complicated stuff anyway.

In response to Remi's video suggestion, that's nice, especially for the more complicated foreign moves. I like to simply describe the move. "Christian Faith locks in the Test of Faith (Main Event Sleeper)" or "Edd Stone knocks him out with the Edd-Reneline Shot (Super Kick)". If I can't describe it, it's usually not worth it. I'm a SE guy. I don't do complicated stuff anyway.

Mine are often complicated because I patently refuse to use the WWE names for certain moves that come to my mind from indy workers. Like when I redid Jana Marie Bowen's Bowen Technique, the move that came to mind was 'Overdrive', not 'Playmaker' (what MVP calls it). Certain moves can't really be renamed though (see: Olivia Diamond using the Diamond Cutter or Golden Delicious's Melbourne Surprise being the RKO) but when I can, I try to avoid overly simplistic finishers, which seem to be a WWE staple.

Plus, I can often describe a move by its technical name but many people may not be able to visualize a 'jumping cutter' so using 'RKO' instantly brings the exact move to mind. 'Tiger Feint Kick' means nothing to most readers but '619' makes the move instantly recognizable. So whenever possible, I provide a link to the move to make it 'pop' to memory. Heck, I even changed Viv Jacobs' Vivisection because I couldn't fit a link to the move I initially had in mind and when I did change it, I couldn't very well describe it as a Vertical Suplex Powerslam when 'Jackhammer' does the job in one word. :)

Heck, wait til I debut one of my newest workers. There's no way I can describe her finisher and do it the same justice as a simple link would (it's CRA-ZY).

Archived