Custom logo's

I use GIMP, its free, and pretty awesome. You can do some really cool stuff with it. There are TONS of tutorials online to teach you how do do different things. From the very basic to the very complex. Also, there is a script for it called FX Foundry, dont leave home without it! And for a random bit of trivia, (IIRC) Kam started making his logos with GIMP before he "found" Photoshop.

I use GIMP, its free, and pretty awesome. You can do some really cool stuff with it. There are TONS of tutorials online to teach you how do do different things. From the very basic to the very complex. Also, there is a script for it called FX Foundry, dont leave home without it! And for a random bit of trivia, (IIRC) Kam started making his logos with GIMP before he "found" Photoshop.

I still use GIMP to draw everything actually. Photoshop only comes into it when I want to change the size of the final image or bend text.

Inkscape or Adobe Illustrator, depending on whether or not the Adobe license is registering itself properly that day. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person around that uses vector graphics though.

That said, I make belts, not logos. I've tried logos, and I have even had some mildly satisfactory results, but I'm just no good at coming up with a coherent, elegant design.

Archived