RIP Trent Acid (1981-2010)

falling_star

We've lost another one. . .

According to Pwinsider.com, Michael "Trent Acid" Verdi was found dead this morning. He was 29. The early belief is that his death was drug-related, but nothing has been confirmed at this time. At one time, Acid was considered a can't miss prospect from the Philadelphia independent scene, and mainly worked out of Combat Zone Wrestling, but also spent time in ROH. Acid had personal issues and had previously been arrested and jailed on drug charges.

Rest In Peace

Jesus, always liked Trent, but he's been off the radar for a while, now this ...RIP to the man, hope he's found some peace.

In honesty though, I'm not sure whether it's wrestling or wrestlers that need to get it together. Maybe both.

Jesus, always liked Trent, but he's been off the radar for a while, now this ...RIP to the man, hope he's found some peace.

In honesty though, I'm not sure whether it's wrestling or wrestlers that need to get it together. Maybe both.

It's wrestlers.

It's always sad to see a wrestler die due to drugs. Sometimes I wonder if the garbage / "ultraviolence" wrestling needs to be regulated. I've read stories of wrestlers using drugs specifically because of the insane spots. Sabu is a prime example of someone who used a crap ton of drugs while entertaining all of us because most of his spots were high risk. I honestly think there are those who are drug addicts that can't get off the drugs and those who may be sucked into it all because of the pain their bodies go through.

Yes, it's always that one persons decision whether or not they're going to use, but if in your mind you have "nothing else going" and "wrestling is all you have and are good at", aren't you going to do everything and anything you possibly can to make sure you're getting a paycheck to feed your families? Wrestling is the biggest cutthroat business and if you won't do something, somebody else will. I'm not trying to justify the use of drugs in pro wrestling, but I can clearly see why it happens.

It's always sad to see a wrestler die due to drugs. Sometimes I wonder if the garbage / "ultraviolence" wrestling needs to be regulated. I've read stories of wrestlers using drugs specifically because of the insane spots. Sabu is a prime example of someone who used a crap ton of drugs while entertaining all of us because most of his spots were high risk. I honestly think there are those who are drug addicts that can't get off the drugs and those who may be sucked into it all because of the pain their bodies go through.

Yes, it's always that one persons decision whether or not they're going to use, but if in your mind you have "nothing else going" and "wrestling is all you have and are good at", aren't you going to do everything and anything you possibly can to make sure you're getting a paycheck to feed your families? Wrestling is the biggest cutthroat business and if you won't do something, somebody else will. I'm not trying to justify the use of drugs in pro wrestling, but I can clearly see why it happens.

I've always said it should be regulated. I tend to not watch garbage "wrestling" because it doesn't interest me, but for various reasons I've caught clips here and there, and there's no reason for it being legal to throw somebody 40 feet off a scaffold with the idea of him falling through 12 tables...

But this isn't the time or place for that. Like somebody else said, I only knew of Trent Acid because of EWR...but I enjoyed pushing him on there. It's sad to see another young person (wrestler or not) die.

RIP Trent Acid

What a shame... Trent Acid was LOADED with potential. In all honesty, he could've been a huge, huge name, though I supposse he drug problems prevented him from ever realizing it.

Terrible loss. Man was a great talent and will be missed. RIP Trent.

Not sad... not tragic...

In fact thats whats most sad and tragic about it. Not that a young person has died because drugs, but because a young person has essentially comited suicide.

To my knowledge, Acid was in jail... or going to jail, for multiple drug charges.

I dunno, drugs just really tear me up. They are 100% dumb to do. There is no arguement against that really. So when someone throws their life away by taking drugs (and being "cool" I guess) I have no sympathy for it anymore. Its become way to common in Wrestling or Hollywood or what-have-you (Lohan, looking at you, you're killing yourself) and sadly its becoming all to common outside those areas now too.

Not sad... not tragic...

In fact thats whats most sad and tragic about it. Not that a young person has died because drugs, but because a young person has essentially comited suicide.

To my knowledge, Acid was in jail... or going to jail, for multiple drug charges.

I dunno, drugs just really tear me up. They are 100% dumb to do. There is no arguement against that really. So when someone throws their life away by taking drugs (and being "cool" I guess) I have no sympathy for it anymore. Its become way to common in Wrestling or Hollywood or what-have-you (Lohan, looking at you, you're killing yourself) and sadly its becoming all to common outside those areas now too.

mmmm some people were friends with this man. I am not going to say he did not have his addictions. Believe me......people said the exact same thing to him a few times. Hell i was in the room when it was said to him. But i don't know if i would go as far as saying he commited suicide.

mmmm some people were friends with this man. I am not going to say he did not have his addictions. Believe me......people said the exact same thing to him a few times. Hell i was in the room when it was said to him. But i don't know if i would go as far as saying he commited suicide.

Well just by taking the drugs he was taking the risk of committing suicide. It may not have been his intentions but if his death is drug related then what else can it be considered. He willingly took something that he probably knew could kill him and sadly it did.

Its a shame that he passed away so young. I saw him wrestle in a few videos with ROH and CZW, especially with his fued with Homicide. I had him in my TEW game as well. Well like everyone else has been saying on here, I hope he can find peace in his passing that he couldnt find in life.

Rest in peace

Well just by taking the drugs he was taking the risk of committing suicide. It may not have been his intentions but if his death is drug related then what else can it be considered. He willingly took something that he probably knew could kill him and sadly it did.

Sadly this is what happened

Not sad... not tragic...

Waste of potential is always tragic, no matter the reason. And while you're not wrong about drugs being bad to use and abuse, drug addiction is a real thing that alters people at a neurological level. A lot of people have lost loved-ones to addiction, so it's pretty callous to equate a drug-related death to suicide in a situation like this.

Archived