Noob Q, when can you sign exclusive?

As the title reads, I feel like an idiot asking such an easy question but couldn't find it searching and there's no guides posted like in TEW forums so as it says when will fighters sign an exclusive deal with you? Is it National? (which is my guess) but I'm also bored at work so can't open the help file before its suggested! :p

As the title reads, I feel like an idiot asking such an easy question but couldn't find it searching and there's no guides posted like in TEW forums so as it says when will fighters sign an exclusive deal with you? Is it National? (which is my guess) but I'm also bored at work so can't open the help file before its suggested! :p

You can sign fighters to exclusive contracts regardless of your company's size (at least as far as I am aware). What you have to pay attention to is that they are not already on associate contracts with another company. If that is the case, you can only sign them to associate contracts unless the fighter in question is in the last month of his contract.

In WMMA 1, you had to be a specific size before you could sign people exclusively. This was removed in WMMA2 since it usually caused the larger orgs to simply snatch away your successful fighters once their contract was up for grabs. I like the new system better.

<p>As has been said, the general rule is that you can sign a fighter to any type of contract no matter your size (so long as that fighter isn't under a standard contract with another organization), but that doesn't necessarily mean that every fighter will be willing to sign an exclusive contract with every promotion. Sometimes better known or better respected fighters will refuse to sign an exclusive contract with a smaller company, but will be willing to sign a non-exclusive deal--but they'll just tell you that in negotiations.</p><p> </p><p>

Getting talented fighters on long term exclusive contracts can often be a tremendous boon for a small company, as you can easily build fighters into big stars and then get several big fights out of them without having to pay them like stars.</p>

Archived