Unhappy wrestlers

Playing with the DOTT mod, most of my wrestlers are unhappy with the amount of shows they've been on. I assume I'm not using them enough? I have two TV shows and a non-televised show each week and I'm using most of these wrestlers in angles which means they're doing something, if not wrestling matches once a week.

Should I add another non-televised event per week to keep them happy?

I can't do house shows (as they are in the game) since I am still 'cult' status. Guess another non-televised event per week is in order.

EDIT: Is it possible to get them to be non-angry by getting them more matches? How long does that take?

More matches will help. Roughly speaking, your workers will expect to be on the following number of shows:

Main Event - 1 in 2

Upper Midcard - 1 in 3

Midcard - 1 in 4

Lower Midcard - 1 in 5

Opener - 1 in 6

Enhancement - 1 in 7

Those are approximations, but you get the idea.

Try a brand split, with the non-televised show restricted to undercard guys. That only affects your popularity in the area it's held, so consider taking it outside of your TV coverage (to Canada, for example, if you're based in America). Your main event guys won't expect to work the show, but you can add them to spike ratings in the main event.

Alternatively, run a straight brand split with the non-televised show being brand-free. An even split will force you to use your unhappy workers as you won't have the same number of main eventers for each show.

Or be ruthless: Can the guys who you're not using. I presume you're not using them for a reason, after all...

<p>I've thought about a brand split but I'd like to at least try to keep it under one umbrella for now, if for no other reason than for historical sake.</p><p> </p><p>

So you're saying that the more shows I put on to get more guys matches, the more often I need to use the main event guys (of which I have 11)?</p>

<p>Yes. They're not upset that they aren't being used enough per week; they're upset because of the number of shows they aren't being used on. More shows means that they're either being used more, or being upset that they're being left off even more shows.</p><p> </p><p>

As well, people don't care whether they're wrestling matches, or just appearing in angles. They just want you to put them in front of the crowd (or camera), so that they can keep their name out there, and earn a paycheque. So, even when Dusty Rhodes isn't dropping bionic elbows on people, have him cut a promo, if you weel. Just make sure that they are in an "On Screen" role, or it won't meet the requirement to keep them happy.</p><p> </p><p>

As well, if you're really running into problems, don't be afraid to use a pre-show battle royal, so that all your unused guys get a crack in the ring. Not only does this keep people happy, but you'll also see a decent amount of skill improvement, in a lot of guys.</p>

Any drawback to making my "house" shows 1 1/2 hours as opposed to just 1 hour to get more matches in? And will they become more happy if I start working them a lot more? I have a lot of unhappy top guys and it's unlikely they'll resign with me as things are.

I run pretty much every non-PPV show like this:

Chuck the Main eventers in singles/tag matches with guys that have the relevent skills to look good/good chem. Everyone I havent used in any matches goes in a battle royal at the start of the show, on the show if I have time, otherwise pre-show. None of my guys ever complain about being left off a show

If you dont have enough guys left over spare just chuck a few main eventers in there, they wont bitch about double-duty and the results of the battle royal may surprise you.

Archived