For the Renderer's (Or Anyone That Can Shed Light On This)

DeadCeleb

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DeadCeleb" data-cite="DeadCeleb" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28336" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span>http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f78/Twisted_Sentiments/error.jpg</span></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm no computer expert (and I definitely no PC expert) but is the space in the filename giving it problems? It's reading "C:/Users/Shane" and then assuming it's done... and freaking out because that on it's own makes no sense. Try saving the installer in a User with no spaces in the name.</p><p> </p><p> Please remember I'm a Mac user, and am most likely talking out of my arse.</p>

No, you're not, lol. the guys over on Daz's forum said the same thing, and I tried changing my user account name, and it never worked. I might try creating a new account on my laptop and trying it that way to see if your idea works Self.

Sorry for the double post, but I have a new problem.

Whenever I try to load either the V4 or M4 base, I get a selection error, saying:

"This action requires an item within the scene to be selected."

You are most likely trying to put a pose in the scene rather than an actual figure.

Go to content>Figures>Figures> and then double click Michael 4 or Victoria 4

That should do the trick. I did the same thing when I started

Usually you get that message for poses or textures, not models. Check you're double-clicking the correct item. Should be the one in 'Characters' as opposed to 'Poses' or any of the other ones.

There's a few Rendering threads down in the TEW & WMMA mod sections. Ask your questions there, so the happy & helpful render "pro's" can see your questions quicker :D

P.S. I can't believe I actually helped fix a PC problem. Given the amount of Windows PC's I've violently murdered with my various activities, it's nice to get something in the win-column ;)

EDIT: London beat me. He types fast :(

Thank you both, Self & London, I just wasn't looking in the right places, lol.

Damn, I'm such a noob.

EDIT: Now, I think that I have to go reinstall everything. Daz can't find the runtimes for M4

Did you allow Daz to do the installation or did you attempt to do it yourself?

You can tell Daz where to look for the correct Runtime (hint; preferences). I think I explained just how to do that in one of the below threads. Take a look at Trell's Render Tutorial thread. It's awesome help for beginners, and I occasionally cameo, guest-lecturer-style, ready to drop some tweed-infused knowledge on y'all.

Archived