I had this crazy idea for a diary...

...but I'm not sure if I'm stupid in thinking it might be interesting.

The basic idea I had was to create a wrestling show for a small to cult fed that takes place entirely within a fictional world. The wrestling would take place around a fight club like setting, I'd use wrestlers like they were actors, the angles would be scenes between the matches, and it'd be done in a gritty, reality show/filmed for youtube or something style. For example a beat down wouldn't find someone minding their own business while a camera is filming them for no reason, the guys performing the beat down would hold the camera while they come in and attack someone.

Or say like a reality show, they have those cut a way interviews, someone could attack during one of those. Have a reason for the camera to be there.

Just kind of woke up with the concept in my head and I don't even know if someone else has done it yet. Apologies if they have. Anyone like the idea?

This sounds like such an awesome idea that I want to steal it lol. If you don't get this off the ground, I may want to give it a shot with 2008 (as I haven't bought 2010 yet).

LOL Well, I'll know within a week if I can do it or not. I'll post saying whether I'm up for it. If I decide I can't, feel free, just credit me the idea and send me a pm to the link for your thread so I can read it.

...but I'm not sure if I'm stupid in thinking it might be interesting.

The basic idea I had was to create a wrestling show for a small to cult fed that takes place entirely within a fictional world. The wrestling would take place around a fight club like setting, I'd use wrestlers like they were actors, the angles would be scenes between the matches, and it'd be done in a gritty, reality show/filmed for youtube or something style. For example a beat down wouldn't find someone minding their own business while a camera is filming them for no reason, the guys performing the beat down would hold the camera while they come in and attack someone.

Or say like a reality show, they have those cut a way interviews, someone could attack during one of those. Have a reason for the camera to be there.

Just kind of woke up with the concept in my head and I don't even know if someone else has done it yet. Apologies if they have. Anyone like the idea?

I wish people could stop saying this. The camera is there for a reason,even when there isn't one! It's called the "Suspend disbilief" principle. But i can see that you can't suspend your disbilief. :D

About the idea itself,it looks good and it will work. Hope to read it soon.

Gotta go with Comrade on this one. Go for the 'lesser' characters. The ones who aren't ridiculously overpowered stat-wise. The one who don't appear in every game. Getting good grades has nothing to do with running a good diary. It's about personalities. If you can do something cool and interesting and new with Brent Hill, rock on, but under-exposed characters like El Medico or Running Wolf have the potential to be so much more interesting.

Man, I'd do it with virtually unknowns. That way, you could claim that it's all totally legit. Imagine if you had someone put up on YouTube a video of Kurt Angle beating the tar out of Bryan Danielson, or something. It'd be a dream match, but it'd be pretty obviously a work, negating the whole gritty tone.

Now, if you had this guy beating the tar out of this guy it'd be more believable to claim it might be real.

On that note, I'd use Tap Out Artist Mario da Silva.

Archived