Is there any way to keep workers in development happy?

The answer seems to be a profound "no". Every worker I have in development, including the ones getting massive gains and the ones I sent to train other workers, have plummeting morale, getting morale drops "from being stuck in development" every single week. They're bleeding morale at a rapid rate.

How am I supposed to properly use developmental territories when no one wants to be there? It's stupid and makes no sense. Especially not for the trainers, whom I hired specifically to train other workers in my developmental territories.

This just seems really unrealistic to me. They're getting paid the same as if they were working five shows a month on my main roster, and all they have to do is train others or be trained. This is yet another stupidly frustrating thing I just found out. I have no way of balancing out the morale losses. They're all "Annoyed" at this point. In real life, some workers are in development for years and are still happy to have jobs. That's how it should be in the game, for realism.

This makes developmental territories almost useless, because it takes a year or more to get people trained properly, and I can't have them mucking up my main roster while they're getting their basic skills together.

Are they refusing to resign, if not then it is not a problem, or are you promoting and demoting them constantly? If so that hurts their morale even more I think. Do the workers say they do not want to be sent to development either as a teacher or dev? Those that do not should not have a problem with it and you should try to get teachers that do not.

Are they refusing to resign, if not then it is not a problem, or are you promoting and demoting them constantly? If so that hurts their morale even more I think. Do the workers say they do not want to be sent to development either as a teacher or dev? Those that do not should not have a problem with it and you should try to get teachers that do not.

Well one of the workers I sent for development and one of the trainers didn't wanna be sent down. Still, I had no one else to send down to teach my girls, because the other women on my roster were all valuable members of the roster by comparison. As for the worker that didn't wanna go to development, he had under 60 in his stats, and I always put a worker in development until they have over 60 in all Performance skills and at least one wrestling skill category. I still had to pull him out early because he capped at 59, which really stinks (he probably won't be getting renewed).

They're not to the point of threatening to quit yet, but the only thing I've been able to do to get their morale up is to give $10,000 bonuses to people I pull out of development.

Are you just sending them down once and leaving them down there for an extended period? The only workesr I find that get annoyed at that is ones who have really negative personalities. Or are you bouncing them up and down? Because that's likely to annoy almost any workers after awhile - they lose momentum every time you send them down...

Again, you're over-dramatizing everything simply because you don't know how it works (or because it doesn't work in a way that's most convenient for your playstyle).

If WWE sent Rey Mysterio to FCW to 'improve his flying skills', how happy would he be about that? If you're sending people down to be trainers and they're not good enough to be trainers, they'll tell you when you send them down. Listen to them! Sending them down anyway isn't going to endear them to you. Trainers need to be skilled workers to begin with. If you're sending someone down to improve in an area they're already strong in, that's another way you're going to get pushback.

As mentioned, if you keep yo-yoing workers up and down, they're not going to be happy about it. There's a price to be paid from being sent to development and it's steep. How the heck do you know what their morale is if you're not yo-yoing? How many baseball players do you know who like being optioned to Triple A every so often? "Oh he got hammered in his last start, send him down!"

I'm familiar with developmental promotions. I have eight (EIGHT) of them, all of them full to bursting with talent and each with at least one trainer. I don't have morale problems because they STAY in development until such time as they are ready to be called up. You would probably like it if development worked like it did in 07 where you could send people up and down at will with no consequences. That way, quite frankly, sucked because it removed the human element and perpetuated a 'hoarder mentality' with regard to talent (sign 'em and stash 'em in development until you feel like using them).

The way to keep development workers happy is fairly simple: keep them in development. When you call them up, use or release them, don't send them back down. TEW doesn't yet have the capability of simulating the WWE/FCW style of development (where workers work dark matches for the parent promotion while remaining in development). Yes, Adam tried to get it in but it didn't work with the existing system. There had to be some kind of penalty for shuttling workers up and down. Your workers are annoyed because you can't make up your mind. Up or down, pick one and stick to it.

I'm familiar with developmental promotions. I have eight (EIGHT) of them, all of them full to bursting with talent and each with at least one trainer. I don't have morale problems because they STAY in development until such time as they are ready to be called up.

The way to keep development workers happy is fairly simple: keep them in development. When you call them up, use or release them, don't send them back down.

That's everything you need to know right there.

I look at calling people up from development as their big break. It's time to shine and if they fail to get over (which is impossible with 3 A-shows a week at Global) then they're not cut out for my promotion and I'll let them go or let the contract expire. People stay in development for a good amount of time until they've done everything they possibly can to get ready.

Having such a bloated roster makes it easy not to 'care' about any of those development workers (besides a few I've taken a real liking to, Leon Maine for one :D) until they're needed. They stay until I need a replacement or until they've actually improved enough for me to give them a chance.

You have to look at it like this, every time you "call somebody up" you're practically in a meeting with them telling them how you're going to use them on the main roster and how it's their big break. And then a couple weeks later you send them back down? Yeah, I would have a pretty pissy attitude as well after my boss blatantly lied to me about my career. :eek:

Again, you're over-dramatizing everything simply because you don't know how it works (or because it doesn't work in a way that's most convenient for your playstyle).

If WWE sent Rey Mysterio to FCW to 'improve his flying skills', how happy would he be about that? If you're sending people down to be trainers and they're not good enough to be trainers, they'll tell you when you send them down. Listen to them! Sending them down anyway isn't going to endear them to you. Trainers need to be skilled workers to begin with. If you're sending someone down to improve in an area they're already strong in, that's another way you're going to get pushback.

I only send people to train in areas they need training in. I'm not stupid. As for my trainers, they're not telling me they're not suited to train, they're simply telling me they don't want to be trainers. They have more than enough skills (usually in the B- or B range or thereabouts; I sure as hell ain't gonna send my A skill workers to be trainers) to be trainers.

As mentioned, if you keep yo-yoing workers up and down, they're not going to be happy about it. There's a price to be paid from being sent to development and it's steep. How the heck do you know what their morale is if you're not yo-yoing? How many baseball players do you know who like being optioned to Triple A every so often? "Oh he got hammered in his last start, send him down!"

I'm not doing that. I found out because I was checking the morale of the one person I called back up, and he had all these morale hits. So I saved my game, then called up several others who were still learning, and saw they all had the morale hits as well (then I reloaded and went back to having never called them back up; I do that save and reload stuff a lot to test things).

I better ask this ahead of time, too. Do I have to recall someone to resign them when their contract comes up, or can I negotiate while they're still in the developmental territory?

I think it's fairly realistic. I've been doing the accounts for my family's business for 3-4 years now, and if some big company brought me in, then made me go on a bunch of courses to learn how to do accounts better, that would sting a bit. Sure, maybe I'd need the training, and maybe I'd learn valuable stuff from the courses, and maybe I'd be getting paid the same, but they're basically telling me "You're not good enough for us yet" and that hurts the ol' pride no matter how you slice it. As time rolls on, month after month, I'd be getting pretty pissed off at their lack of faith in me.

Plus I hate learning. I like to have learned, but actual learning drives me up the wall.

As for a way to 'solve' this. I say, let them get angry. You're in charge of a major wrestling promotion. Why should you care if Johnny Armdrag is throwing a hissy fit? Just let him cry it out and move on. If you want to fix his morale when he comes up, just give him a couple of wins against guys more popular than him. In 2-3 weeks he'll be kissing your feet, and have forgotten all about his time in developmental.

I better ask this ahead of time, too. Do I have to recall someone to resign them when their contract comes up, or can I negotiate while they're still in the developmental territory?

You can negotiate while they're in developmental. 87% certain. Might want to keep an eye on their contracts though. You may not get the same warnings as your main roster guys.

So... you're forcing to people to do roles they don't want to do, and then you're surprised when they're unhappy about this?

What?

It's because no one seems to want to go down to train my people, they'd all rather be on my main roster. I can't figure out how to get anyone to actually want to train the younger generation.

It's because no one seems to want to go down to train my people, they'd all rather be on my main roster. I can't figure out how to get anyone to actually want to train the younger generation.

Road agents or other retired workers? It sounds like you are using active workers, which isn't the best idea. After all, would you take the offer to appear on TV or train a load of youngsters to appear in a gym in front of 30 people?

EDIT: And really, if people are telling you before hand they don't want to go into development but you are sending them anyway, it shouldn't really surprise you that they are unhappy when they come back up.

As for a way to 'solve' this. I say, let them get angry. You're in charge of a major wrestling promotion. Why should you care if Johnny Armdrag is throwing a hissy fit? Just let him cry it out and move on. If you want to fix his morale when he comes up, just give him a couple of wins against guys more popular than him. In 2-3 weeks he'll be kissing your feet, and have forgotten all about his time in developmental.

You can negotiate while they're in developmental. 87% certain. Might want to keep an eye on their contracts though. You may not get the same warnings as your main roster guys.

Road agents or other retired workers? It sounds like you are using active workers, which isn't the best idea. After all, would you take the offer to appear on TV or train a load of youngsters to appear in a gym in front of 30 people?

EDIT: And really, if people are telling you before hand they don't want to go into development but you are sending them anyway, it shouldn't really surprise you that they are unhappy when they come back up.

You can't expect to please every single one of your workers. You are the Vince O'mac of your game,act like one. Make a decision and stick to it. Or else the inmates will end up running the asylum. YOU are the BOSS! You give the orders, they shut the F up. :D

As for the rest, if you are going to make decisions, make good ones. Retired wrestlers and road agents are good trainers, and if a worker does not want to go learn to development...you can only do two things: If you really want to send him there,ignore him and do it; if you want him happy, don't send him there. No one likes to be forced to do something they don't like. But as i (and some other people already stated) already said, if you are going to make decisions, make good ones. There is a point in sendind people to development, remember that. You can't just fill it with whoever you wish and pray for the best.

Also depends on personality, maybe age and overness. Flash, Wood etc all go down to train no problems.

I only send people to train in areas they need training in. I'm not stupid. As for my trainers, they're not telling me they're not suited to train, they're simply telling me they don't want to be trainers. They have more than enough skills (usually in the B- or B range or thereabouts; I sure as hell ain't gonna send my A skill workers to be trainers) to be trainers.

First off, no one made any comment, assertion, or allusion as to your intelligence. My comment was based on the fact that every time you run into some difficulty with the game, major parts of it become 'useless' or 'not realistic' or some other criticism with very little in the way of actual basis. You don't know the game very well and that's okay. Let me say that again: that's okay. The problem (and the reason you're often responded to harshly) is when you don't know the game well and then pose questions like it's the game's fault you don't know it very well. Heck, there are parts of TEW that annoy me to no end (the women losing sex appeal and star quality thing post-30 being the top one) but I don't come here and say it's 'useless' because I realize what it was put in to do.

Secondly, there are many people here who "sure as hell" wouldn't send B range workers down as trainers, unless they were nearing the end of their careers (Steve Flash) or of a style that doesn't fit the promotion (Larry Wood). Otherwise, those workers are worth more on the parent promotion's roster. Furthermore, as said, active workers don't generally like to become trainers. Positive personalities mitigate that to the point where they won't mind much ("company man" types) but baseline workers want to work the big shows. Using retired workers is typically better (especially if they're freshly retired. Don't use a Crippler Ray Kingman or Luis Montero (Sr) type as their skills lie in one particular area that isn't easily taught).

I'll give you a (potential) little cheat that may help out some. Send a worker down to improve an area of weakness. After they're down, change their focus to trainer. It may not eliminate the morale drop but it's worth a try.

I only send people to train in areas they need training in.

Not hugely relevant. If they think they're good enough in other skills, they're not going to want to want to go down and train other skills. To go back to Rey Mysterio - he aint going to be happy to go down to development to develop his brawling or entertainment skills, even though there is room for improvement, because, in his opinion his flying skills justify him being on the Main Roster.

However on the plus side even though someone can get upset every week at being in development, their morale in general doesn't go down too much. Bring 'em up, try them out. If they're good they'll probably eventually get a win they're happy about, and that'll just about make them forget their previous gripes.

Archived