Finaly A Zombie TV Series

mike b

Hoorah....i hope they do a good job on it. I wish they had more Post apocalyptic shows...like Jericho which got canceled after two seasons.

Well, maybe it shouldn't have sucked so hard.

Post-Apocalypse stuff are usually pretty cool ideas, but rarely done right. I will say I think "post-apocalypse" and "zombie apocalypse" are different genres.

That said, the Fallout series of games handles the Post-Apocalypse idea incredibly well, if not outright better than any other medium.

But a zombie tv series? I have to wonder if that'll work, as cool as the idea could be.

It might. AMC is not ABC or any were near the level as far as major networks go so they know they are not gonna be raking in 10.0 or higher ratings per episode(would be nice though). Also even though though this deals with zombies they are as in the graphic novel series (new York times best seller) focusing on human drama and so forth.

Good thing is they have a great director who loves zombies and always wanted to do a zombie flick. He knows how to focus on human element and keep the zombies in there also and is going to follow close the story line from the series.

This could if done right do for horror on TV what Battle Star Galactica did for sci fi.

I don't know if it has been shown outside of the UK, but we had a short zombie series (infact, I think they showed all the episodes on consecutive days) last year called Dead Set. It was about five or six 30-minute episodes if memory serves.

It features a Zombie outbreak in and around the UK's Big Brother house and has cameos from some former BB housemates as they get caught up in the madness. Even Big Brother host Davina McCall gets zombified and stalks the corridors of the production offices!

It's very darkly funny with some good Zombie action to boot. It's also full of homage to "...of the Dead" movies, with the Big Brother house on eviction night stepping in for the mall as the place that Zombies subconciously gravitate too.

Like I said, not sure if it's been shown outside of the UK, but if you can find it for download anywhere it's well worth a watch.

***EDIT***

This is a viral site that was set up for the show. Possibly NSFW, but very cool! Put your name in the box and away you go!

http://www.unseenscreen.com/

I don't know if it has been shown outside of the UK, but we had a short zombie series (infact, I think they showed all the episodes on consecutive days) last year called Dead Set. It was about five or six 30-minute episodes if memory serves.

It features a Zombie outbreak in and around the UK's Big Brother house and has cameos from some former BB housemates as they get caught up in the madness. Even Big Brother host Davina McCall gets zombified and stalks the corridors of the production offices!

It's very darkly funny with some good Zombie action to boot. It's also full of homage to "...of the Dead" movies, with the Big Brother house on eviction night stepping in for the mall as the place that Zombies subconciously gravitate too.

Like I said, not sure if it's been shown outside of the UK, but if you can find it for download anywhere it's well worth a watch.

***EDIT***

This is a viral site that was set up for the show. Possibly NSFW, but very cool! Put your name in the box and away you go!

Yep it was shown here in Australia earlier this year on SBS. I watched them all and thought it was great didnt have a clue about the big brother people though and would know them anyways lol I was disappointed that it ended so soon it felt like they rushed the last episode.

Yep it was shown here in Australia earlier this year on SBS. I watched them all and thought it was great didnt have a clue about the big brother people though and would know them anyways lol I was disappointed that it ended so soon it felt like they rushed the last episode.

It was always supposed to be a short series...the original plan I think was to show it in two or three parts as 'mini-movies' (the whole thing only clocks in at around 2:30 including ad-breaks), but the channel it was shown on in the UK wanted it broken up into 5 installments to get more milage out of it.

Apparently they had to remove a lot of stuff due to budget restraints as well. Still, for a TV show I think they did a great job with what they had.

The Walking Dead is f'n AMAZING. I love zombies anyway but ...I hope the graphicness and all the really nasty parts are left in, it really makes the story more complete. Darabont has proven he's a great director with Shawshank alone, and I really loved The Mist so I have high hopes for this.

***EDIT***

I watched that as well, i thought it was quite good.

Archived