Question About Licenses

I bought TEW 2010 about two months ago after giving it a try. I originally downloaded it on my brother's computer as we were swapping laptops frequently. That was also the laptop I had bought it on. After we returned to the United Kingdom we wanted to share an internet connection. A problem soon arose though. This lead up to my brother system restoring his laptop and here comes the question.

Is the license a file or something? If TEW 2010 is deleted can I redownload TEW 2010 as a retail version without having to pay for it again? I mean, I have deleted TEW 2010(due to an error) before but I left a file regarding the license on his laptop. Although, I think that was just the readme. But this time, the computer was system restored as in it only had the stuff on it that it originally had when he first bought it. So..Do I have to buy it again? Probably won't though, always been a fan of other games like Civilization 4 Beyond The Sword, Sims 3 and others along those lines. Have those games so wouldnt be a problem..........

~First Post~

I bought TEW 2010 about two months ago after giving it a try. I originally downloaded it on my brother's computer as we were swapping laptops frequently. That was also the laptop I had bought it on. After we returned to the United Kingdom we wanted to share an internet connection. A problem soon arose though. This lead up to my brother system restoring his laptop and here comes the question.

Is the license a file or something? If TEW 2010 is deleted can I redownload TEW 2010 as a retail version without having to pay for it again? I mean, I have deleted TEW 2010(due to an error) before but I left a file regarding the license on his laptop. Although, I think that was just the readme. But this time, the computer was system restored as in it only had the stuff on it that it originally had when he first bought it. So..Do I have to buy it again? Probably won't though, always been a fan of other games like Civilization 4 Beyond The Sword, Sims 3 and others along those lines. Have those games so wouldnt be a problem..........

~First Post~

The e-license gets registered to a computer and at the e-license server, it's the code you get sent with the game. By not unlicensing you have removed it from the computer end without telling the e-license server, so it's stuck in limbo just now as e-license believes the code is in use when it obviously isn't.

The plus side... just PM Scott Vibert here and tell him what's happened and he should be able to fix it for you. :)

Archived