Gimmick change questions

I'm loving this game but questions keep popping up which is why I've been peppering the board with periodic questions here and there.

1) I want to turn a worker heel but I have to give him a new gimmick as well. The one that would work best for him 'requires' him to be off camera (off all shows) for 28 days. The storyline I want to work him in will not turn him right away. What's the best way to work this so the turn and gimmick change will be successful? He won't be happy about missing all these shows either while the off-camera part is taking place - should I worry about that too?

2) If I have a storyline where a worker dons a mask for part of it, should I change the worker's gimmick to a "mask" and then change it back once the storyline is over or will the two changes work against me?

Thanks.

Hurray for questions! The more the merrier, gord. :D

1.) First off, if you're doing both a gimmick change and turn, then unless the gimmick they're getting works well for both a heel and a face, you'll want to do the turn BEFORE the gimmick change. Otherwise, your gimmick rating will tank. As for off-screen requirements, there's no way around them, unless you want to put your plans on hold for 6 months (which probably isn't ever the case). Sure, it sucks to have to wait, but if it ends up with something special, then it might be worth it.

Don't worry about them being upset over missing shows. Once they've gotten back on-screen, that displeasure disappears almost immediately.

How you make it all work is up to you. That's the fun of being a booker.

2.) You get penalized for changing gimmicks too quick, if you don't wait 6 months after they're last change. So, if the worker is going to be under a mask for 6 months, then it's not a problem (unless you've got off-screen requirements). In most cases, though, you're probably best off just keeping their gimmick the same.

Cheers!

The gimmick change and turn I want to do both happen mid-storyline. Here's the deal: I want Backlund to turn on Andre. Backlund has a gimmick that is face only (Blue Collar). There aren't a whole lot of other gimmicks that work with him and changing him from blue collar to one that works means keeping him off camera for at least 28 days. So taking all of that into consideration, I probably shouldn't turn him at all.

OR...

Create one that WILL work with him in the editor and import it. There are precious little (if any) Wholesome heel gimmicks as standard (for obvious reasons) so making one that fits isnt a bad idea. For example, I would consider an All-American gimmick a wholesome one, but it can be played both heel & face to good effect. Just make sure it fits with his stats and you're good to go ;)

Well, I'd argue that playing an All-American gimmick as a heel would only work by emphasizing the non-wholesome elements of it....

A less-debateable solution would be to create a gimmick in the Unique category (which has no wait times, from any gimmick type), that suits your specific needs.

Good call on that, MJ. I totally spaced on suggesting the creation of a new gimmick. I do that myself, when the need arises, but it completely slipped my mind, when posting here.

• 2 weeks later...

2.) You get penalized for changing gimmicks too quick, if you don't wait 6 months after they're last change. So, if the worker is going to be under a mask for 6 months, then it's not a problem (unless you've got off-screen requirements). In most cases, though, you're probably best off just keeping their gimmick the same.

I've been toying with the idea of creating a storyline where the character has a dual personality with a mask, and he denies that he is the masked character (similar to what Helms/Hurricane was doing during his last WWE run). Is it at all possible to set that up where someone can play both gimmicks?

No, you can't have someone playing multiple gimmicks. However, what you're describing is a Multiple Personality Disorder gimmick. That's one gimmick, that covers all those angles. Create it in the main editor, import it into your game, and fire away.

That would make sense in the Weird or Crazy categories, but if you want to avoid off-screen requirements, make it Unique.

Archived