College World Series

angeldelayette

As a lifelong Game****s fan, all I can say is...YES! YES! YES! College World Series title belongs to the University of South Carolina! Though he didn't have a good game tonight, Jackie Bradley, Jr. is definitely deserving of Most Outstanding Player. But tonight goes to Whit Merrifield for his single into right that drove home the winning run!

I am totally confused on the format because Im a casual watcher.

I thought TCU vs UCLA was the final, then TCU is elimainated, saw them playing USC(arolina) then See USC and UCLA in the true finials.

It is a double elimination tournament to begin with and there are two sides. South Carolina lost our first game against Oklahoma so we were placed in the losers bracket of that side. Every game we played from that point on was an elimination game, meaning that if we lost we were eliminated from the tournament. The winners bracket on our side was Clemson, our hated rivals. We managed to beat Clemson twice to advance to the finals.

On the other side, TCU lost a game so from that point on every game was an elimination game for them. They managed to beat UCLA once but UCLA won the deciding game to go to the finals.

Once you reach the finals, it is best 2 of 3, which South Carolina won 2 straight to win the College World Series Championship.

Archived