The Video Game Thread

Genadi

Nah. (Changes discussion again)

Anyone else exicted for Fable 3 and Arkham Asylum 2. God I am a geek.

Nah, my only console of this gen that I have (that's not portable) is a Wii. (Changes discussion yet again) Has anybody played Super Mario Galaxy 2 yet? And yes, I have almost always been loyal to Nintendo consoles (what can I say? They've all been superb consoles IMO).

Nah. (Changes discussion again)

Never even heard of them -_- (Changes discussion again.)

I don't even know of any other games anyone here would be familiar with...... Gosh I am such a kid.

Nah, my only console of this gen that I have (that's not portable) is a Wii. (Changes discussion yet again) Has anybody played Super Mario Galaxy 2 yet? And yes, I have almost always been loyal to Nintendo consoles (what can I say? They've all been superb consoles IMO).

I want super mario galaxy 2! Has anyone beaten the first one? I am at the last stage and it's making me mad. I keep losing at stupid parts, that I shouldn't lose at.

(Never played any of those games. Starts new conversation)

Anyone play the Grand Theft Auto series?

I am a staunch 'not fan' of the GTA series. It's not my kind of thing. The driving is pretty good, but the combat and shooting is pure amateur hour. I'm not all that big a fan of free-roaming either. I'm playing Fallout 3 right now, and struggling to stay into it because of the lack of clear direction (also, the world Cup is distracting me) and the action in that is something I find actually fun. I like things linear I guess.

I am a staunch 'not fan' of the GTA series. It's not my kind of thing. The driving is pretty good, but the combat and shooting is pure amateur hour. I'm not all that big a fan of free-roaming either. I'm playing Fallout 3 right now, and struggling to stay into it because of the lack of clear direction (also, the world Cup is distracting me) and the action in that is something I find actually fun. I like things linear I guess.

I am also not a fan of the GTA series, especially since I can't play it while my kids are still up! :cool:

I like running around shooting people. Except old people. And I also have a hard time stabbing people or hitting people with shovels, it's just too violent for me. Especially when you slit someone's throat with the knife and see the blood squirt out :eek:

I hated GTA IV. It was boring. I started playing when Grand Theft Auto 2 came out. Then got into 3, Vice City, and San Adreas(my personal favorite).

4 did nothing for me. The story was boring and the main character was a snooze fest.

Anyone into Saints Row? The first game was ok, but Saints Row 2 was amazing. I can't wait for the third one.

Hey! The original ones rocked too! :mad: That's what I grew up on!

I can't stand the graphics. And those games weren't around anymore when I was little.

I am also not a fan of the GTA series, especially since I can't play it while my kids are still up! :cool:

My dad plays games like that around me and my sister.

I've beaten the first Super Mario Galaxy, just not 100%. :D What I mean is that I've beaten all the bosses, I just haven't gotten all of the stars.

I got 60 stars. I am trying to save Peach.

I hated GTA IV. It was boring. I started playing when Grand Theft Auto 2 came out. Then got into 3, Vice City, and San Adreas(my personal favorite).

4 did nothing for me. The story was boring and the main character was a snooze fest.

Anyone into Saints Row? The first game was ok, but Saints Row 2 was amazing. I can't wait for the third one.

my dad bought the three pack of GTA: 2, Vice city and San Andreas.

I wanted a PS3 for so long. I've been a Sony man through and through since the beginning. First console ever was a PS1 and I've kept my PS2 for five years, up to this year.

But I got a 360 in a weird twist of fate. Never looked back or regretted it since then.

WWE All Stars. Opinions?

Liking it. Sounds like some sort of unrealistic Street Fighter arcade-type of fighting that it will take a bit of getting used to, but could play off well. We'll just have to wait and see what it gives though, could just as well be a disaster.

(Never played any of those games. Starts new conversation)

Played San Andreas for a fair while. Thoroughly enjoyed it, yet I never finished the game. Now I'm in the midst of playing GTA IV which I also enjoy, even though the premise is quite different. I'm a fan of the amount of realism and what it brings to the table. I'm not even halfway through though, hah.

And hearing the Ricky Gervais/Katt Williams stand-ups are an awesome way to pass the time.

I like running around shooting people. Except old people. And I also have a hard time stabbing people or hitting people with shovels, it's just too violent for me. Especially when you slit someone's throat with the knife and see the blood squirt out :eek:

That is what makes the game great though!

GTA 4 was all right but I agree San Andreas was my favorite as well. I liked the fact that you could make him get fat, get a hair cut, and the music was awsome in that game (All though Vice City's music was great as well).

Yes Saints Row 2 is great! I have yet to beat it due to XBOX related problems (My 360 has had to be fixed five times now and I have a new problem with it right now).

I wanted a PS3 for so long. I've been a Sony man through and through since the beginning. First console ever was a PS1 and I've kept my PS2 for five years, up to this year.

But I got a 360 in a weird twist of fate. Never looked back or regretted it since then.

Liking it. Sounds like some sort of unrealistic Street Fighter arcade-type of fighting that it will take a bit of getting used to, but could play off well. We'll just have to wait and see what it gives though, could just as well be a disaster.

Played San Andreas for a fair while. Thoroughly enjoyed it, yet I never finished the game. Now I'm in the midst of playing GTA IV which I also enjoy, even though the premise is quite different. I'm a fan of the amount of realism and what it brings to the table. I'm not even halfway through though, hah.

And hearing the Ricky Gervais/Katt Williams stand-ups are an awesome way to pass the time.

Rick Gervais/Katt Williams were the highlight of the game for me.

I also liked the two add on games as well (Gay Tony and Lost and Damned).

The graphics may not be so good, but those were better games. I grew up with the SNES NES and Genesis. I would rather sit and play one of them than the stupid GTA games.

Well not all of the games of the past were great. I think we all like to wax nostalgic about the stuff of our youth. I mean I thought the Boyz in the Hood was a great movie when I was in 7th grade. However, after watching it recently I came to see it as something akin to an After School Special (A violent one but an After School Special nevertheless.).

I haven't checked with either of them myself (both systems were launch systems so way out of warranty) but I don't doubt that Sony will have me pay.

The 360 has a three year warranty, I don't know about the PS3. Maybe things are different over there, but here you usually only get a twelve month warranty on anything. Obviously that could be because Microsoft expect them to fail within three years, but they still didn't have to extend the warranty.

The ApocalyPS3 only lasted a little over 24 hours. Was the internal clocks on the old "Fat" systems having a glitch and mistakenly thinking 2010 was a Leap Year. Wasn't that huge a deal, just an annoyance for me, but there were reports of people losing trophies or something. Which I didn't care about anyway cuz I don't use my console for Online Gaming, that's what my computer is for.

Still shouldn't have happened though. I must admit that I did giggle when I heard about it after all the Playstation fanboys harping on about the faults of the 360. :D

I use my 360 more as a DVD player and way to play .avi files on my gigantic TV than I do to play games.

I hope you're not suggesting that you download movies off the internet and watch them on your 360?! :eek:

Okay, what should I get? Three good Game Boy/Game Boy Advance games (used) or WMMA2?

WMMA2. :cool:

Dude i <3 Pokemon. :)

Another Japanese thing I hate with a passion.

Super Mario Land, Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins and Wario Land 4 are the three games that I'm looking at.

Only played Super Mario Land, but it was simply fantastic. (although Super Mario Bros. 3 is still my favourite Mario game)

Ever since the very first one. :cool:

I couldn't get into Fable 2 so I haven't really looked into Fable 3. As for Arkham Asylum, I only played the demo but the sequel is looking like something i'll purchase.

I want super mario galaxy 2! Has anyone beaten the first one? I am at the last stage and it's making me mad. I keep losing at stupid parts, that I shouldn't lose at.

I still haven't finished Super Mario Galaxy since my brother has borrowed my Wii for over twelve months now. Strangely, it was bought for me as a Christmas present from him... anyone would think he wanted one himself... :rolleyes:

But I only know of the more recent ones that only people of my generation play :p not your nerdy poor graphic ones.

:eek:

Is this really the state that society has got to? I've watched horror movies since I was five/six years old and I turned out just fine. Although once i've finished typing this post i'm going to mug an old lady and beat someone to death with a baseball bat... /joke

Loved the first one (to satisfy my next-gen GTA urge while it was still in development) but i've never played the sequel.

Your first console was the PS1? Now I feel old... :(

GTA 4 was all right but I agree San Andreas was my favorite as well. I liked the fact that you could make him get fat, get a hair cut, and the music was awsome in that game (All though Vice City's music was great as well).

Vice City, in my opinion, still has the best GTA soundtrack. Obviously all you young whipper snappers here wont appreciate it though because you didn't grow up in the 80's. :p

GTA games suck.

I'm not into the Japanese stuff either. Pokemon is about it.

You can't fault Paws to much she just hit her teen years. :D

GTA IV is amazing! How could you say that!

Pokemon was a very interesting strategy game. It was super deep if you knew about IV's an such. If it had something more manlier than cute monsters I'd probably still play it.

Everything Steve said, word for word. Except I'm not going to mug an old lady. That's old school. I'm going to divert her social security check to a numbered account I control. I'll use the baseball bat on her 42 cats though!

GTA games suck.

Go wash your mouth out with soap.

RIGHT NOW! Filthy blasphemer! :p

The GTA games are a masterpiece in terms of how far gaming has come. I have 'The Ballad of Gay Tony' and 'The Lost and The Damned' expansions on my PC - both of those are really bad ass. Rockstar knows what they're doing, a lot of the stuff they've produced is top notch.